The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I feel it would be too early for Lumineth to get a second battletome wouldn't it? I mean, people said Slaanesh got their battletome too soon and there's was nearly two years apart (and the old tome was nearly univerally disliked), whereas Lumineth got a tome last year and it's pretty good from what I've played of it.

Maybe not a battletome but a beefy chapter in Broken Realms with the new scrolls. If it is a new temple it will have pretty "modular" rules.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I feel it would be too early for Lumineth to get a second battletome wouldn't it? I mean, people said Slaanesh got their battletome too soon and there's was nearly two years apart (and the old tome was nearly univerally disliked), whereas Lumineth got a tome last year and it's pretty good from what I've played of it.

Yes it would be way so early, but there are tons of rules to write if they want ro release a new temple, and old book is going to feel so outdated (imagine Teclis knowing all lores but the one from new temple, or the stances issue that it looks like there is an unknow mechanic about that just because of how alarith rules are written)

I have tons of doubts

Edited by Ragest
  • Like 1

The new broken realms book (with accompanying wind temple release), the vampire underworlds warband and the witch hunter vs undead Warhammer Quest is my guess. It makes sense for them to focus on their more entry level products and boxed games like underworlds and Warhammer Quest whilst so many people are stuck at home. Also this doesn’t rule out a future death release, as Silver Tower and Blackstone Fortress were followed by release’s for Tzeentch and Chaos space marines respectively. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, NotAWzrd said:

The new broken realms book (with accompanying wind temple release), the vampire underworlds warband and the witch hunter vs undead Warhammer Quest is my guess. It makes sense for them to focus on their more entry level products and boxed games like underworlds and Warhammer Quest whilst so many people are stuck at home. Also this doesn’t rule out a future death release, as Silver Tower and Blackstone Fortress were followed by release’s for Tzeentch and Chaos space marines respectively. 

I think this is a reasonable possibility. The odds we get more than 1 AoS reveal (which will apparently be Lumineth), are low when they've got six game systems taking up timeslots in the reveal show. That really doesn't leave much time for more than 1 reveal per system. At best we might get a teaser trailer for a future death army release.

21 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Yes it would be way so early, but there are tons of rules to write if they want ro release a new temple, and old book is going to feel so outdated (imagine Teclis knowing all lores but the one from new temple, or the stances issue that it looks like there is an unknow mechanic about that just because of how alarith rules are written)

I have tons of doubts

They could just update Teclis' warscroll in a new BR though.

9 minutes ago, LordAlpharius said:

They could just update Teclis' warscroll in a new BR though.

32 minutes ago, Ragest said:

I have tons of doubts

It's not necessary to update Teclis' warcroll though.

His warscroll doesn't give him access to the Lore of Hysh, or the Lore of the High Peaks. His access to all of those spells is printed above the spell lores themselves.

"Teclis knows all of the spells in all of the following tables" Page 68 

So they they can just do the same for a new Lore of the wind which I imaginen will get printed in the Broken realms book. 

• Like 5

Honestly that preview looks (strangely) big...

AOS : Broken Realms : Teclis, with Lumineth Wind Temple preview

WHU : Vampire Warband

??? logo : new Critters & Keys Warhammer Quest board game (Vampire, zombies, etc. vs Witch Hunters)

KT : Ecclesiarchy or SM vs Necron 

40k : Ecclesiarchy or ???

Adeptus Titanicus  : ??? (I alas don't follow that game)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

??? logo : new Critters & Keys Warhammer Quest board game (Vampire, zombies, etc. vs Witch Hunters)

I don't do AT either, but apparently the thing at the start of the new Years preview was a new Titan for it.

• Thanks 1

Wow was not expecting all those systems to be previewed. 

I'm obviously hyped for whatever Death is shown but I got a feeling I'm gonna more surprised if there's a Ministorum/Inquisition showcase.  As a regular Templar Enjoyer, if there's one Imperium group I love it's my Zealots. I just want a mass horde off Fanatics lead by loyal Priests of the Holy Emperor. Is that so much for a man to ask?

I just really hope the Death showcase is not a box set between CoS and Deadwalkers like previous dual sets, only because that likely means the only new characters would be that Axe Zombie and the Vampire Hunter, and not gonna lie, that would suck. :(

• LOVE IT! 1

22 minutes ago, GDD said:

@HorticulusTGA Oh god, you're probably right on the money. There are so many people hyped for a zombie faction now I feel like this is the perfect way to disappoint the most people.

We as a community have a habit of getting seeing things and we hype ourselves up for it, then get dissapointted because GW doesn't deliver what we have convinced ourselves is going to happen. 

My advice is keep an open mind and enjoy the preview for what it is. 

Whatever they give us I bet there are going to be some amazing models. 

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

I'm probably in the minority here but if the witch hunter, skeleton, draugr sneak peaks are all for Warhammer Quest, I would actually love that.

I'd be all over that. I'm a solo army for mainline AoS, but I've loved all the warhammer quests, they're a good painting project and the games are fun too.

Personally, I think some fans speculate and hype themselves up on speculation which doesn't come to fruition. I did the same in 2019 for Slaanesh mortals (at the time it just made sense and I was confident until the last days that we'd get them, only to be dissapointed), and I think people may fall into the same trap with vampires (and especially vampirates). If they exist, great! But for now, don't expect too much. It can often leave you disappointed for what you do get, and if your expectations are exceeded it feels much better. 

For now, don't expect anything but Underworlds and a single ghoul hero. Then, if you do get something else, it's all the better.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Yeah thats what I'm thinking - although I'd love it if Killteam was vs new xenos rather than Necrons as they've just got a pile of new stuff..

51 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

I'm probably in the minority here but if the witch hunter, skeleton, draugr sneak peaks are all for Warhammer Quest, I would actually love that.

Me too!!

1 hour ago, GDD said:

@HorticulusTGA Oh god, you're probably right on the money. There are so many people hyped for a zombie faction now I feel like this is the perfect way to disappoint the most people.

Yeah but a vampire themed quest could be the precursor of a full faction later [with the added bonus of extra unique models for that faction like Tzeentch got through Silver Tower]

3 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I did the same in 2019 for Slaanesh mortals

What type of delayed monkey's paw did you find, and where can I get one? Those Myrmidesh models are the closest I've gotten to starting a chaos army ever.

• Haha 1

It's a strong possibility that there won't be an announcement of a new death battletome at this preview but that doesn't mean it's not coming. Silver tower served as an introduction to many of the new tzeentch models. I wouldn't be surprised if a new Warhammer Quest served as an introduction to a new death faction. 

• Like 1