The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I find endless spells to be such a strange purchase. I know they are meant to be good but it is really hard justifying getting models that may never make it onto the battlefield... but some of theme seem so good or look amazing.

I’m with you

The only good ones are those that have little side effects against you like the Ossiarch ones, but those defile the purpose of endless spells...

The first ones like the Nighthaunt are pretty but not worth the cost of entire units... even 4 glaivewraiths are better (60 points).

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, alghero81 said:

I’m with you

The only good ones are those that have little side effects against you like the Ossiarch ones, but those defile the purpose of endless spells...

The first ones like the Nighthaunt are pretty but not worth the cost of entire units... even 4 glaivewraiths are better (60 points).

REally good point. The great advantage of endless spells was effecting the priority choice a bit. Bound spells where the last nail in that coffin. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, swarmofseals said:

addlasdlhsdjhd it's criminal that GSG didn't get a re-envisioned doom diver and perhaps a variant that tosses squigs. The doom diver is probably the most greenskin thing ever made.

Can you imagine if they had made it into a large scale artillery piece that you could load with whatever you want? Putting more stuff in it would reduce the range and increase the chances of a malfunction perhaps, but you could try to throw trolls or even mangler squigs down the board if you wanted.

A Troggoth launcher?! Or perhaps even do the old Colossus/Wolverine fast ball special and get a Dankhold sized Troggoth that physically throws Squigs and Grots at the enemy!!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Souleater said:

As a silver lining  perhaps FW are running down their ranges in order to support the Old World (and the specials games already out.)

Yeah this is my hope. Would be nice to see all the AoS options be accessible under the games workshop site in plastic, and the outliers retired as legends or cool alternative models.

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I really would like to see Duardin players recieve Underworlds units. I'd love to see new sculpts for Fyreslayers especially. Or even new Dispossessd as Underworlds is the perfect way to introduce new models without immediately create a whole Faction. Eg: Kurnothi.

Oh man, I love this idea especially as Underworlds seems like a great place to test concepts. Fyreslayers especially need some variety and this would be great way to explore how to move their designs forward with a low commitment. 

I feel like Chaos Dwarves could also be explored in a similar fashion although I would prefer them in Warcry.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I really would like to see Duardin players recieve Underworlds units. I'd love to see new sculpts for Fyreslayers especially. Or even new Dispossessd as Underworlds is the perfect way to introduce new models without immediately create a whole Faction. Eg: Kurnothi.

I also like how some heroes that are taken twice in armies got an alternative sculpt. Like the KO khemist when every army took at least two. 
or the beast of chaos shaman. Although he’s actually really good 😅

so what heroes do people take multiple off? 

also cities warband could be really cool. But mix it up IMO. 
did you know fyreslayers already got one? 
image.jpeg.6feba63ab0229f4e8a35723448983fd7.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

Oh man, I love this idea especially as Underworlds seems like a great place to test concepts. Fyreslayers especially need some variety and this would be great way to explore how to move their designs forward with a low commitment. 

I feel like Chaos Dwarves could also be explored in a similar fashion although I would prefer them in Warcry.

I'd love to see some more Armoured Fyreslayers. I know they dont need to be but it would be an awesome aesthetic.

45 minutes ago, Kramer said:

I also like how some heroes that are taken twice in armies got an alternative sculpt. Like the KO khemist when every army took at least two. 
or the beast of chaos shaman. Although he’s actually really good 😅

so what heroes do people take multiple off? 

also cities warband could be really cool. But mix it up IMO. 
did you know fyreslayers already got one? 
image.jpeg.6feba63ab0229f4e8a35723448983fd7.jpeg

Honestly mate I had forgotten!! I love how the Leader is standing on a Mega Gargant skull, they were teased for so long without us even realising!!

• Like 3

This has nothing to do with AOS or Warhammer in general besides the fact it has Gargantuan participants but Godzilla VS Kong has had its release date moved up and more footage shown!! 

I havent been this excited since the Sons of Behemat reveal. As a massive fan I'm beyond hyped and just needed to let it out!! Sorry folks!!

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

20 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

This has nothing to do with AOS or Warhammer in general besides the fact it has Gargantuan participants but Godzilla VS Kong has had its release date moved up and more footage shown!! 

I havent been this excited since the Sons of Behemat reveal. As a massive fan I'm beyond hyped and just needed to let it out!! Sorry folks!!

First one to do the conversion work necessary to have a Kong or Godzilla mega-gargant wins the internet for a week.

8 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

A Troggoth launcher?! Or perhaps even do the old Colossus/Wolverine fast ball special and get a Dankhold sized Troggoth that physically throws Squigs and Grots at the enemy!!

I have to admit when I saw a notification that @KingBrodd had replied to my post my immediate reaction was "no no, a cataput that flings a mega gargant is way too much." But I'm glad to see that you are being completely reasonable here XD

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Honestly mate I had forgotten!! I love how the Leader is standing on a Mega Gargant skull, they were teased for so long without us even realising!!

Is that actually mega gargant size? I always thought it was just a random monster skull. I have it in a box somewhere waiting for a different project, but that would be exciting. 

1 hour ago, TheR00zle said:

First one to do the conversion work necessary to have a Kong or Godzilla mega-gargant wins the internet for a week.

If I was any good at Green Stuff I would sculpt the hell outta some fur for a Kong Gargant!! Damn I may need to practice green stuff for this...

1 hour ago, swarmofseals said:

I have to admit when I saw a notification that @KingBrodd had replied to my post my immediate reaction was "no no, a cataput that flings a mega gargant is way too much." But I'm glad to see that you are being completely reasonable here XD

Hahaha no worries mate I want fun things for all!!

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

Is that actually mega gargant size? I always thought it was just a random monster skull. I have it in a box somewhere waiting for a different project, but that would be exciting. 

It looks very close too, much like the Ossiarch Bone Mortisan. 

• Thanks 1

I wouldn't expect one until March. GW has slowed their release speed and we already know what's coming in Feb; plus 40K still has quite a lot of hinted at things from last year. Theres still a lot up in the air that hasn't been released so I don't think we need yet more previews until more is out the door. Whilst new previews are nice, its painful to get more hints and previews when there's a lot of stuff still in the works that is months old that hasn't seen the light of day.