The Rumour Thread

48 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

So this is definitely a lizard on a base right? And we all know what lizards are related to right? CRITTERS AND KEYS!! 

Though could this actually be a new Seraphon model for Broken Realms? A new Character or unit perhaps?

A lot of the old Seraphon models have similar little lizards scurrying around on them, the Slaan in particular, so it's not unlikely. It would be an odd detail for most non-Seraphon models to include.

• Like 2

I could believe that that's not a gecko standing on a rock but a gecko standing on some very large scales or ridges. They seem to have a little bit of a gloss to them. It's spitballing but this could be a tiny lizard sitting on the back/shell of a sizeable dinosaur thing.

Edited by sandlemad
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I could believe that that's not a gecko standing on a rock but a gecko standing on some very large scales or ridges. They seem to have a little bit of a gloss to them. It's spitballing but this could be a tiny lizard sitting on the back/shell of a sizeable dinosaur thing.

We have Raptor, Pteranodon, Stegosaurus/Triceratops, Allosaurus, Ankylosaurus type 'dinosaurs' so the only logical solution would be to add Brachiosaurs!! 

• LOVE IT! 2

So does the Soulbound news (https://www.cubicle7games.com/warhammer-production-update-2021/) mean I should wait on all the new stuff before buying the corebook? Or will these additions specifically be their own supplemental pdf/books? I can't find a product page for the "Starter Set" advertised in the article, but from the corebook's page it does include a Bestiary section--am I right in concluding that this update means a reprint is coming?

I’ll get all hyped for a new plastic Slann, and in the end it will be a textured dice small terrain piece with not very much else. Surprised Lizardmen haven’t lost their aesthetic considering how diluted the IP and range is now with third party styled models. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

So does the Soulbound news (https://www.cubicle7games.com/warhammer-production-update-2021/) mean I should wait on all the new stuff before buying the corebook? Or will these additions specifically be their own supplemental pdf/books? I can't find a product page for the "Starter Set" advertised in the article, but from the corebook's page it does include a Bestiary section--am I right in concluding that this update means a reprint is coming?

The Champions Of X book are 99.9%  going to be additional supplements/sourcebooks/splats - Champions of Order certainly is and there's nothing to suggest Death/Destruction will be any different. The Bestiary supplement meanwhile is just going to be a standalone book with new creatures, an expansion of the limit selection in the Corebook. 

I'd put money on you being safe to buy the Corebook now and not have it replaced by those.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kronos said:

I’ll get all hyped for a new plastic Slann, and in the end it will be a textured dice small terrain piece with not very much else. Surprised Lizardmen haven’t lost their aesthetic considering how diluted the IP and range is now with third party styled models. 

I too was surprised by the design choice. I was expecting more of an overhaul on Them. However it is only a warcry band that we've seen so far so maybe they'll get some other things.

In my opinion there are definitely other companies making far better "lizardmen" sculpts out there. 

Time will tell. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

The Core book is like the D&D players handbook. It’s the starting point with the all the basic rules, races, classes, items, spells etc. There are some monsters in there to tide people over while the game is new but not really enough.  All the other planned books are expansions to the core book not replacements. There’s also a lot of cool lore in the Core book for the Great Parch and due to the inclusion of Har Kuron in the Anvilguard book it appears the game is going to keep up with all the advancements in the main Age of Sigmar plot. Which is why people are speculating over the Champions of Death book and its implications.

There is a starter set coming https://www.cubicle7games.com/product/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-soulbound-starter-set/ . It gives you the very basic rules to use and set characters with a newbie adventure, but the core books goes into a lot more detail and has the character creation rules.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, HiddenElephant said:

Okay, someone let me in on the joke, what's "Critters and Keys"?

Nagash, Sigmar and Chaos will do battle for a soul,
The Lumineth collect Aetherquartz en mass, 
The Duardin fight for their various forms of Gold,
The Gloomspite Gitz they scavenge for Glass,
The Seraphon follow the Stars
The Ossiarchs will collect a Loan
The Orruks brag about their Scars
The Ratmen love their warm Warpstone

Yet soon my friend, you shall see...
It is a Critter who holds the Key!

RE-12-12-2020.jpg

Beyond that it is simply a hypothetical game we have been discussing in light of the various rumour engines featuring Critters holding Keys. I still hope that GW sees these posts and comes up with some actual rules or a silly Warhammer quest game featuring Critters and Keys. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 10
  • LOVE IT! 3

30 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

Not quite a rumor but interesting news from the GW half year report: 

https://investor.games-workshop.com/2021/01/12/half-year-report/

The GW Finance Report specifically calls out the Indomitus Box, Mega-Gargant and Lumineth Realmlords for selling really well!

I'd read that a bit more tempered. The statements about mega Gargants and Lumineth do not contain any qualifiers on success. They are factual statements highlighting the most prominent releases for Age of Sigmar with a bit of narrative flair/marketing. There is a separate, adjacent statement about Age of Sigmar continuing to perform well.

"The Lumineth, a new race, kick started the year for Age of Sigmar and the Mega Gargants in October set a new benchmark for monster kits. Our full range of Age of Sigmar continues to perform well."

Edited by Nighthaunt Noob
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1