The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, Gotz said:

so I was reading the production update on Soulbound and something has clicked. 

They've made a production update for 2021, and for the AoS Soulbound line there is this listed:

image.png.a34339eb50154e8ba07a23a340c3124d.png

They recently tied the release of one of the adventures in  Shadows of the Mist campaign book with the release of Broken Realms:Morathi, since it was set in Anvilgard. 

soo... I'm starting to believe this could be another hint to a Soulblight/Legions of Nagash army release... or not, since there is also scheduled a Champions of Destruction book... 

I am trying not to read to much into that myself, but yeah...it is very tempting to take that read. Emphasis on trying, I guess!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gotz said:

They've made a production update for 2021, and for the AoS Soulbound line there is this listed:

They recently tied the release of one of the adventures in  Shadows of the Mist campaign book with the release of Broken Realms:Morathi, since it was set in Anvilgard. 

soo... I'm starting to believe this could be another hint to a Soulblight/Legions of Nagash army release... or not, since there is also scheduled a Champions of Destruction book... 

Sorry, but where have you read it?

Edited by zamerion

2 hours ago, Gotz said:

oo... I'm starting to believe this could be another hint to a Soulblight/Legions of Nagash army release... or not, since there is also scheduled a Champions of Destruction book... 

If we're all correct, and Broken Realms : Gordrakk comes this year, they could both be tie-ins...

VAMPIRES BABY LETS GO

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

What about

Vampire Pirate Babies...

Who are also Witch Hunters.

Age of Sigmar Babies! Like Muppet Babies only much more violent.
I suppose if they made it a plushie game with a ruleset teaching counting I would fair much better on the tabletop. Also I think I would play Baby Seraphon with an emphasis on Chibi Skinks!

In all seriousness due to the Deathguard focus this week should we expect minimal AOS focus? I think the lighter release schedule is much better for the hobby during COVID but much worse for the news/rumour schedule. 😕

22 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Well, 40k already has creepy babies, and a faction entirely made out of blood drinking and flesh eating babies would be... Quite a mood.

The Botchling from Witcher 3 but it's an entire AOS faction

32 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Also In all seriousness due to the Deathguard focus this week should we expect minimal AOS focus? I think the lighter release schedule is much better for the hobby during COVID but much worse for the news/rumour schedule. 😕

We know Slaanesh is due in Feb, and by this schedule, it should be Week 2 - unless they release at the very back end of this month and have two weeks of releases.

That gives us two fortnightly releases of AOS to the three releases for 40k.

It wouldn't surprise me if it's another 40k week - they're due 3 codexes in the next 3 months - so Release 2 of Feb and Release 1 of March.

This is also assuming that we don't see a BR book until the end of March at the earliest.

I would guess it'll be a second 40k codex - Dark Angels potentially - and then Feb being the 'AOS' month - before we move back into *hopefully* the weekly releases if GW has fixed their manufacturing issue.

Alchemists Workshop posted on Twitter the colossal list of items that GW currently has out of stock for retailers - so March seems hopeful though for a return to weekly releases, especially within the confinements of Lockdown in the UK looking from the Gov like they're looking at the Summer being the end of this mess.

If I'm a betting man :

End of Jan - second 40k codex and that crusade book they showed about in the last reveal.

Feb - Slaanesh and third 40k codex.

March - BR book. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gotz said:

So it begins!  

On 1/9/2021 at 12:37 AM, Jator said:

We pretty much got confirmation of a new death army. The New year preview video ended with the words "Destruction. Decadence. Death".
With Decadence being obviously Chaos/Slaanesh.

Of course, the video also featured new Lumineth and they didn't write "Order" at the end,  but we saw some kind of zombie/pirate/witchhunter whatever.  I'm more puzzled about the destruction part.  Maybe, as you say, it will come with a new starter box.

Death could be just new Death guard codex/models going on preorder this saturday

Decadence is obviously Slaanesh full release in February

Destruction no idea 

5 hours ago, cyrus said:

Death could be just new Death guard codex/models going on preorder this saturday

No. The teaser was all about the Age of Sigmar Universe.

Edit: My bad, I've forgotten the video also featured what looks like miniatures for the Adeptus Mechanicus and the Titanicus game, as pointed out by the guy below. So @cyrus, it could be as you said!.

Edited by Jator

27 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

a ha, the new skinks that have been rumored

That new takes on skinks is amazing, i can see the new coalesced seraphon having more of a lezardish design and less men-like, specially the ones that lives in Ghyran.

But yeah this new rumour engine can be anything, it looks like a jungle lizard tho. The desert lizard have a lot of spikes

Edited by Sance

26 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

A critter... sans key?

Have we found the villain (or hero) of our upcoming game?

Between the underworlds warband and now this I am hoping for a seraphon update. But I am not holding my breath.  

It's running towards the key, of course.

Not exactly sure what we're looking at. The front left paw is a bit weird fir a lizard resting on a stone, but a stone base seems like the most likely scenario.

• Haha 1