The Rumour Thread

Well, that vampire has this sword from back in May:

ah9o5wn9qpz41.jpg?width=500&auto=webp&s=

No real surprise given the preponderance of blood drops. Doesn't mean there won't be a larger death release as well, mind, though I'm sceptical that GW actually considers that sort of thing when thinking about rules or units for various armies. Note in particular the difference between Hrothgorn and the regular hunter.

The lizardmen look dope. Fun to see that skinks actually have cheeks to blow their blowpipes.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One thing to note is that thus far most of the warbands for main armies have followed a similar design scheme as the core models in the army. The new Slaanesh are similar to the new Slaanesh updates etc... Granted there are some differences - eg the Slaanesh warband has a poleblade warrior on foot whilst in the new sets they are on mounts. However it does show that the new Skinks should be similar to these new designs. 

And its a darn pokeball!!! That skink is going to be very best skink! 

5 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Thanks mate!! I have posted a pic of my Warstomper on the Sons of Behemat thread but will post both of these guys once finished on here!!

Thanks brother, always coming in with the support!!

Amazing I will track down that picture. I am always happy to support, and you not only support my posts but also my wacky ideas. Like the overturned caravan idea that I still hope you will one day make. 🙂

30 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Is that skink holding a thermal detonator? 

29 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

Or a pokeball. Only your paint scheme can tell 🤣

Don't make me choose between two of my nerdiest loves! Although, I think a fully fledged pokemon themed Seraphon army would be great. Make a different skink unit based off of all three Gen 1 starters, Sceptile/Saurus, Terradon/Aerodactyl Marowak/Saurus Guard, Tyrantrum/Carnosaur, Mewtwo/Mage Priest! 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • LOVE IT! 3

5 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Don't make me choose between two of my nerdiest loves! Although, I think a fully fledged pokemon themed Seraphon army would be great. Make a different skink unit based off of all three Gen 1 starters, Sceptile/Saurus, Terradon/Aerodactyl Marowak/Saurus Guard, Tyrantrum/Carnosaur, Mewtwo/Mage Priest! 

The Skink Starpriest would look great painted as a Grovyle.

Edited by NotAWzrd
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, madmac said:

Definitely some new weapon/armor designs with these Seraphon. They're a bit less primitive looking and a bit more magitech compared to the existing range.

Yeah it's subtle but noticeable. Not just with the priest's orb but with the skinks' macahuitl-looking weapons, they have a bit more of a sci-fi look than a lot of the 6th ed. lizardmen sculpts.

A bit disappointed with the Seraphon, the charmeleon we already saw is still the best part and it is not even a Saurus but an old blood, which I do not think is as cool as the one we got from the Carno kit. 

The skins are just... Skinks, never been a fan of them much and these do not turn any heads. 

Also I had really hoped to see a kroxigors. Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, TheR00zle said:

I love harken but I hope if anyone comes back it’s noctilus.

Noctilus without his giant pirate hat? The horror!

But I doubt it's either. The sword and silhouette are different enough to be their own thing and they could still trip us up by the "pistol" being a boney tail to go with the folded bat wings to show how Ghur is affecting them.

Their warband icon not having pirate elements but just being a scary bat doesn't help either.

2 hours ago, sandlemad said:

Yeah it's subtle but noticeable. Not just with the priest's orb but with the skinks' macahuitl-looking weapons, they have a bit more of a sci-fi look than a lot of the 6th ed. lizardmen sculpts.

Yeah, the sleek magi-tech design really stood out to me. Even the Saurus armor looks like he copied it from the magi-tech ancient armor from Zelda Breath of the Wild game. (Zonai are Seraphon, can't change my mind on that crossover xD ).

Really love how it contrasts with their new Ghurian monster elements between the carapace spike backs and longer lower jaws with more teeth.

2 hours ago, shinros said:

It's basically a bomb that will cause the mountain to eat itself. 

Indeed. Was wondering why they're going through all that trouble for a mountain that occasionally lures in adventurers to eat but now we know it's evolving into a new demi-god.

I guess the Seraphon don't want to chance a new powerful God-beast falling into the hands of Order's enemies.

Edited by Baron Klatz