The Rumour Thread

We know weโ€™re getting vampires of some form as thereโ€™s no point teasing a vampire hunter with no vampires, unless he/she is justย unbelievablyย adept at theirย job.

Rapiers and pistols arenโ€™t just synonymous with pirates though, so a large portion of those rumour engines could be something completely out of left field. They could end upย beingย Spanish conquistador vampiresย for all we know (which actually sounds kind of dope).

Iโ€™d say thereโ€™s as much evidence in the unsolved rumour engines for Flesh Eater Courts as there is for pirates, zombies and all the other death factions speculated,ย so it could really go anywhereย at the moment. Iโ€™m completely down for extraย gothic in my vampires though for sure.ย 

Edited by NotAWzrd

4 minutes ago, NotAWzrd said:

We know weโ€™re getting vampires of some form as thereโ€™s no point teasing a vampire hunter with no vampires, unless he/she is justย unbelievablyย adept at theirย job.

Rapiers and pistols arenโ€™t just synonymous with pirates though, so a large portion of those rumour engines could be something completely out of left field. They could end upย beingย Spanish conquistador vampiresย for all we know (which actually sounds kind of dope).

Iโ€™d say thereโ€™s as much evidence in the unsolved rumour engines for Flesh Eater Courts as there is for pirates, zombies and all the other death factions speculated,ย so it could really go anywhereย at the moment. Iโ€™m completely down for extraย gothic in my vampires though for sure.ย 

I am no expert but aren't Rapiers and Pistols better associated with nobility, highwaymen and duelists?ย 

I think that Pirates are all about Cutlasses and Blunderbuss'... I guess pistols as well.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NotAWzrd said:

Magics already done Conquistador Vampires.ย 

3EFCBADC-2157-4382-BEA1-0190A4DDEF72.png

3942793D-FAE2-41FA-B623-6D43230B62E3.png

9344BA6A-3F03-4EFC-8363-39A7BFC1388B.png

BCB4E85A-3658-46C5-96B1-7FB81E9F596D.jpeg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

8 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I am no expert but aren't Rapiers and Pistols better associated with nobility, highwaymen and duelists?ย 

Iโ€™m with you on theย duellists angle. Having them as expert character slayers in game would fit with that ideaย perfectly, it would also double down on them typically only being elites and hero units on tabletop.ย 

5 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Magics already done Conquistador Vampires.ย 

Damn that last image is great. I think it would be a far more subtle influence going by GWโ€™s current design ethos if they ever did something like that.ย 
ย 

Most likely itโ€™s not going to be far off what they already are from the Old World,ย especially as there was artwork for a Soulblight vampire on one of the future Warhammer Adventures book covers.ย 
ย 

3hkYUgW1db1omWsI.jpg

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, NotAWzrd said:

ย 

Damn that last image is great. I think it would be a far more subtle influence going by GWโ€™s current design ethos if they ever did something like that.ย 
ย 

ย 

ย 

The artist is Seb McKinnon, heโ€™s fantastic. My fave MTG artist for sure. If you fancied checking out more of his work.ย 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I feel it is important to remember that AoS seems to borrow from a range of periods and cultures and so it is safe to assume that the upcoming Death army will have varied influences.

It would even be cool if they leant into this idea and had the Vampires as ancient figures representing various elements of antiquity, the skeletons being old enough to loose their flesh can represent medieval periods and the zombies being more recent dead figures from the renaissance?ย In each case they can look to different cultures and borrow from around the globe. Maybe they will maintain a nautical theme but again not limit it to a specific culture or era.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

Mate, you could literally post a detailed description of Gargant mateing rituals and get all the likes!๐Ÿ˜‚

You're like a Gargant pimp up in this bish!!โœŠ

Hahaha cheers mate!! I'm just so enamored by the Gargants and am so pleased my hype didnt wither upon release!! I try to keep a positive energy on this forum and hope that bleeds into others posting as well ๐Ÿค™๐Ÿผ

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Why not death factionย influenced with AoS and not something from real history? We had dryad siluette associated to death, WU vampire siluette which is kinda similar to DoK atleast hairsytle and now we got Orc zombie/vampire. That makes more sense then piratevamps for me :)ย 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, willange said:

I just bought a bunch of Legion of Azgorh right before Christmas, andย now Iโ€™m super glad I did. I wouldโ€™ve hated to miss out on these like I did with the merwyrm!

I'm just kind of sad that I did not even finish my army before they got squatted. With the FW update some years ago, we already lost the hobgnoblars and stuff like the siege giant went to legends, which I could never field "legally".ย ย 

Im happy that ive collected the whole range though. I think I'm just a to slow painter for GWs dwarf factionsย ๐Ÿ˜…

Edited by Charly2912

10 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

MEGA GARGANT #2 HAS ARRIVED IN TIME FOR MY WEEK OFF!!

I genuinely enjoy that your comments like this get more likes than the actual rumorsย do.ย 

You better start posing pictures of your gargants somewhere on this forum, the people demand it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Shearl said:

I genuinely enjoy that your comments like this get more likes than the actual rumorsย do.ย 

You better start posing pictures of your gargants somewhere on this forum, the people demand it!

I think it is because deep down we all want to have the same positivity and Joy that @KingBroddย brings to the forum. Despite my desire for classical Vampire Counts I will be overjoyed if so many of our members wake up one day to see Vampirates announced. I will confess I am surprisingly easy to please when it comes to armies so long as they do something unexpected or interesting I am sold.ย 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, Shearl said:

Thanks mate!! I have posted a pic of my Warstomper on the Sons of Behemat thread but will post both of these guys once finished on here!!

4 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I think it is because deep down we all want to have the same positivity and Joy that @KingBroddย brings to the forum. Despite my desire for classical Vampire Counts I will be overjoyed if so many of our members wake up one day to see Vampirates announced. I will confess I am surprisingly easy to please when it comes to armies so long as they do something unexpected or interesting I am sold.ย 

Thanks brother, always coming in with the support!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, zamerion said:

WHUW VisionsGlory Jan8 Teaser10hv

WHUW VisionsGlory Jan8 Warband1ysf

Interesting, is it possible that we are getting classic vampires as an underworld warband and then the new death army takes it into a new direction. This would give people with classic models a suitable new plastic hero and still allow for a new aesthetic going forward.

Also that new Saurus shows how great Seraphon should be and it breaks my heart.ย 

• Like 1