The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, Matrindur said:

Absolutely love this model!! Incredibly happy that there is an AOS and 40K mini and not to mention that the 40K model is a Xeno!! 

• Like 6

It might be disrupted because the whole free model thing doesn't really work with the pandemic at present. Granted I say this after they announced the store birthdays which also don't really work with the pandemic. 

Though at this stage all I'm worried about is the potential for a Slaanesh collectors coin...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Overread said:

It might be disrupted because the whole free model thing doesn't really work with the pandemic at present. Granted I say this after they announced the store birthdays which also don't really work with the pandemic. 

Though at this stage all I'm worried about is the potential for a Slaanesh collectors coin...

They said any closed stores atm will celebrate when they can safely reopen.

7 hours ago, Fulkes said:

They said any closed stores atm will celebrate when they can safely reopen.

Yeah but with a minimum month of lockdown, the earliest they could reopen could be even March and that means a lot of coins waiting for us... I get the point, but let’s be fair, doesn’t work in a pandemic and they should enable web stores at least in the countries where it is completely locked.

1 hour ago, alghero81 said:

Yeah but with a minimum month of lockdown, the earliest they could reopen could be even March and that means a lot of coins waiting for us... I get the point, but let’s be fair, doesn’t work in a pandemic and they should enable web stores at least in the countries where it is completely locked.

Not every country is in lockdown. I expect the shops to open back up in the Netherlands after the 19th for example.

I think it’s a nice way to get people back into the stores. It’s an promotion that runs all year, so even if the whole world is locked up till June. Roughly half the stores will have their birthday yet to come. There is a lot of value for GW to get people back into the stores  

would be different if it was a mini you’d need for an army build. 

3 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Not every country is in lockdown. I expect the shops to open back up in the Netherlands after the 19th for example.

I think it’s a nice way to get people back into the stores. It’s an promotion that runs all year, so even if the whole world is locked up till June. Roughly half the stores will have their birthday yet to come. There is a lot of value for GW to get people back into the stores  

would be different if it was a mini you’d need for an army build. 

I’m talking about the coins in particular. It means with Jan and Feb potentially gone you would need to spend 180£ in March to get the 3 coins for the collection. Same money but shorter timeframe... can be hard, also because you would have limited days to buy them...

I’m not suggesting to only sell on web stores, but to enable web sales in locked out countries to compensate the closed stores. Then when shops reopen you close that option online...