The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I think after reading around they might be Draugr. Think the Kvaldir from World of Warcraft. 

"Draugar live in their graves, often guarding treasure buried with them in their burial mound. They are revenants, or animated corpses with a corporeal body, rather than ghosts which possess intangible spiritual bodies."

"In more recent Scandinavian folklore, the draug (the modern spelling used in Denmark, Norway, and Sweden) is often identified with the spirits of mariners drowned at sea. The creature is said to possess a distinctly human form, with the exception that its head is composed entirely of seaweed. In other tellings, the draug is described as being a headless fisherman, dressed in oilskin and sailing in half a boat (the Norwegian municipality of Bø, Nordland has the half-boat in its coat-of-arms). This trait is common in the northernmost part of Norway, where life and culture was based on fishing more than anywhere else. The reason for this may be that the fishermen often drowned in great numbers, and the stories of restless dead coming in from sea were more common in the north than any other region of the country."

I think thats what I really like about it- it doesn't look like anything specific from the past - it looks like a new dead thing we've not seen before.

I love the look of the vampire huntress- I agree with others that this looks like a Quest game vs Death which sounds brilliant, probably followed by a vamp army faction the same way as Tzeentch followed Silver Tower. 

The lumineth- yeah next Broken Realms is Teclis/Tyrion, I thought the rider was Tyrion as a first thought but might be a mounted hero they are missing, the cloud wizard looks cool too. Betting /hoping Alarielle is Broken realms 3, the Return of Kurnoth for Kurnothi action..

All looks promising and that is an excellent centrepiece model for Slaanesh too!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The more I look at the 'Vampire' thing, I'm wondering... could it be a Dwarf?

The shield looks a lot like one of the Ironbreaker shields. 

His beard is wispy (from decay of course) but it's still prominent.

His hands are very thick and sausagey, although this could be attributed to a body 'bloating'.

Proportionately, his head looks quite low, with high shoulders, which is often a Dwarf look compared to Humans.

I'm probably reading way too much into it though 

Still;

Broke: Vampirates.
Woke: Vampwarfs.

It looks to tall to be a dwarf to me. It is a very meaty model though. Maybe something completely off like an undead orruk? 

Vampirates who consist several races like the chaos Warcry warbands would be awesome. 

3 hours ago, Binabik15 said:

The Old World had a merchant in the Empire that got a taste for exotic meats (implied to be human) imported from all over the world, Norsca and beyond included. I think the blurb ended with him discovered as a giant fat spaen blob thing, but the idea stuck with me.

A fat dude that likes to eat is a bit boring, though. I would have done a super fat body with stubby arms and legs and thick jowels and quadrupple chins with a hollowed out, husk-like belly, showing how Slaanesh's blessing is also a curse that won't ever allow him to be sated. 

I might replace him with a gaunt dude or a beastman made from a Slaughterpriest, back in 6th ed I wanted a pretty boy Nohorn Beastlord on a chariot 🤔

The chubby new guy can go into a bathtub on wheels filled with wine and intoxicants and be a sorcerer or whatever.

With that giant snake I’m thinking of doing a chaos corrupted Khalida conversion.

I wouldn't assume any of this is "new faction" material. Most of this definitely looks like Warcry/Shadespire/WHQuest. I'd be willing to bet the Lumineth here are the only things for AoS proper. Not that we won't get vampires at some point, but they probably aren't teasing new factions while they still haven't released the mortal Hedonites yet. They like to build up the tension of a faction release with unique trailers and things before they ever show any models. They aren't going to market competing AoS releases simultaneously---that's just bad business.

Edited by Mutton

Nordic undead whalers would be so incredible that if we don’t get that, I’ve already set myself up for disappointment. 

On the one hand a draugr “zombies but bigger and better and trademarkable” is a very GW approach. On the other hand, isn’t that already what they did for skellingtons with the Ossiarchs?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Has anyone else seen the 40K fans complaining on social Media about a lack of representation? It's quite funny honestly.

because non space marine players are on the level of halflings in terms of releases? (even they got their bloodbowl team at least) 

• Like 3

40k is probably reacting harshly becauee they're used to being the focus and they feel they have so many things that need to be buffed or replaces to balance the current game.

Thar said, people play AoS as well and they can learn to take the backseat a bit so AoS can play catch up.

2 hours ago, sandlemad said:

Nordic undead whalers would be so incredible that if we don’t get that, I’ve already set myself up for disappointment. 

On the one hand a draugr “zombies but bigger and better and trademarkable” is a very GW approach. On the other hand, isn’t that already what they did for skellingtons with the Ossiarchs?

Either one sounds incredible!!  An entire Zombie army just sounds so fun!! Though the Nordic Draugr is obviously the most fantastic idea since Mega Gargants.

• Like 2