The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, LuminethMage said:

Could be. The Sprit seems to be fox-faced, so it could be also some kind of foxlike creature with long legs.

But the colour of it, and what we can see from the shape, it does have a camel-like vibe. In the Battletome it says the Wind Temple ride “long-limbed beasts racing across the desert”, so that also would fit with a camel-like creature. 

It could also have proportions or a silhouette similar to the new Slaanesh mount, because the Lumineth and new Hedonites share some design aspects. And the new Lumineth cavalry is also supposed to be ranged.

Could even be like Celennar and be camel in all design with a foxes head, could look incredible!! 

1 hour ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I'm made up with that Deadwalker alone. Working on a Death themed Norse force and he looks like he'll fit in rather nicely. 

Absolutely love that Lumineth cloud though!

The Deadwalker has me potentially buying my first Death army. If it's a Zombie army with a mixed races of Zombies such as Duardin, Orruk, Aelf and Beast I'll be all over!!

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Binabik15 said:

The Old World had a merchant in the Empire that got a taste for exotic meats (implied to be human) imported from all over the world, Norsca and beyond included. I think the blurb ended with him discovered as a giant fat spaen blob thing, but the idea stuck with me.

A fat dude that likes to eat is a bit boring, though. I would have done a super fat body with stubby arms and legs and thick jowels and quadrupple chins with a hollowed out, husk-like belly, showing how Slaanesh's blessing is also a curse that won't ever allow him to be sated. 

Gluttony being one of the 'sins' of Slaanesh followers is something discussed a lot in the background, but never really depicted in model form, so I think for the tabletop he works fine. If you make him too OTT he runs the risk of coming off like a Nurgle or even Ogre model visually.

• Like 7

This was the exactly th kinda preview I was hoping for on Christmas day. 
Man that zombie/pirate orruk- duardin is cool.

The Slaanesh stuff is incredibilly awesome too.
At this point we don’t know when the Death thingys will be released nor do I care much, but it sure is nice to know that something is coming. Better start saving money now.

Btw. Think the Death vs vampire devoted could be a box similar to Feast of Bones, Aether was and whats not?

If so I might actually find use for both sides for once.

Sorry for the incoherent rambling I am tired and blurry eyed from last night... Lingering side effects of having lived through 2020 no doubt. 

That Slaanesh model is utterly mindblowing. Like I keep thinking that they cannot top the last reveal (which in all fairness no model will ever come close to Sigvald) and then they just outdo themselves time and again. I am trying to stick with Slaves of Darkness as my Chaos flavour... but I don't know if that is possible.

Calling it now: Broken Realms Tyrion is coming next. I think that will be enough to sell me on Lumineth. @LuminethMage Clearly your kind learned much from Slaanesh as I am deeply tempted by these pointy elves. Also Sun Wukong/Son Goku cloud Elf is a huge selling point for me! I cannot wait to see their awesome/silly hats and watch the community explode.

The Vampire hunter is dope, I am on board with the quest theory but I really hope we get a proper workable update for Legions of Nagash. I don't know why but I think if it is an update or full army release that I still love the idea of the Vampire hunter having been turned into Vampire themself. 

Zombie, axe dude... no thoughts just cool!

The 40k hints were cool looking: Admech and Knights? I still feel that rifle teaser is Admech related. As someone that is not particularly fond of many of the Imperium aesthetics Knights and Admech have had me teeter back and forth on getting into 40k.

I suppose everything here appeals to me other than Death, which my best friend plays exclusively so I have a hands off approach with. Which is on the one hand fantastic but on the other hand not good financially... 😅

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

26 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I think the Vampire Hunter/Death not being shown off here makes it more likely they're a Warhammer Quest thing. New York Toy Fair is typically in February which is where they show off most of their board/Boxed Game offerings. 

Possibly, I recall in this thread a long time ago someone dropped a rumour about a death themed warhammer quest. 

2 hours ago, Matrindur said:

qkmaLx0.png

iXtP6FG.png

Are these more Lumineth?

Some sort of llama(looking at what appears to be the curve of the neck), or uncorrupted sphyanx for the mount?

Edit: Sorry, commented before I finished reading all of the posts 😛

Edited by OkayestDM
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

24 minutes ago, TheR00zle said:

To everyone who thought Vampirates were gonna be a thing, good call.

I think after reading around they might be Draugr. Think the Kvaldir from World of Warcraft. 

"Draugar live in their graves, often guarding treasure buried with them in their burial mound. They are revenants, or animated corpses with a corporeal body, rather than ghosts which possess intangible spiritual bodies."

"In more recent Scandinavian folklore, the draug (the modern spelling used in Denmark, Norway, and Sweden) is often identified with the spirits of mariners drowned at sea. The creature is said to possess a distinctly human form, with the exception that its head is composed entirely of seaweed. In other tellings, the draug is described as being a headless fisherman, dressed in oilskin and sailing in half a boat (the Norwegian municipality of Bø, Nordland has the half-boat in its coat-of-arms). This trait is common in the northernmost part of Norway, where life and culture was based on fishing more than anywhere else. The reason for this may be that the fishermen often drowned in great numbers, and the stories of restless dead coming in from sea were more common in the north than any other region of the country."

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Not to disappoint anyone but what if the witch/vampire hunter is the store birthday model this year? Think about it - if all of these are coming in early 2021, I don't see room for it to release with a full new army. There are definitely other possibilities, but I think one way or another this might be a fairly standalone model for now.

Didn't they say in the Sunday article that they would look at new Store anniversary models this week?  But I went back and its no longer there so it could be that someone thought they where gonna show them off this week instead of just the teaser we got and they corrected it afterwards so your theory could be true

Edited by Matrindur

8 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Didn't they say in the Sunday article that they would look at new Store anniversary models this week?  But I went back and its no longer there so it could be that someone thought they where gonna show them off this week instead of just the teaser we got and they corrected it afterwards so your theory could be true

I think they might have accidentally released the weekly video a week early. I think we're going to get to see it next week.

28 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I think after reading around they might be Draugr. Think the Kvaldir from World of Warcraft. 

"Draugar live in their graves, often guarding treasure buried with them in their burial mound. They are revenants, or animated corpses with a corporeal body, rather than ghosts which possess intangible spiritual bodies."

"In more recent Scandinavian folklore, the draug (the modern spelling used in Denmark, Norway, and Sweden) is often identified with the spirits of mariners drowned at sea. The creature is said to possess a distinctly human form, with the exception that its head is composed entirely of seaweed. In other tellings, the draug is described as being a headless fisherman, dressed in oilskin and sailing in half a boat (the Norwegian municipality of Bø, Nordland has the half-boat in its coat-of-arms). This trait is common in the northernmost part of Norway, where life and culture was based on fishing more than anywhere else. The reason for this may be that the fishermen often drowned in great numbers, and the stories of restless dead coming in from sea were more common in the north than any other region of the country."

That shield design does look very  Scandinavian / Norse compared to anything in the current death range now you mention it. Also I was constantly thinking of zombie whalers as a left turn when everyone was mentioning vampirates. Vampire Pirates has always felt too one note of a design for how AoS armies are seemingly designed, so Scandi fishermen zombies would be awesome! Would make a great counter to Idoneth and all their sea beasts stealing souls from Nagash if we had an undead Captain Ahab / Davy Jones character as well. 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, BrocknerTheBear said:

Okay seriously with all these guesses at to what the lumineth creature is how is no one else seeing a Tauntaun? 

A two legged mount would be a perfect counter to Slaneesh!!

5 minutes ago, BrownDog said:

With the obvious Vampire Hunter model, I'm now convinced the thing at the end of Broken Realms: Morathi

Hide contents

the thing that saved Van Brecht

was in fact a Vampire. Maybe even one of

Hide contents

Van Brechts turned bloodline

I got into an arguement on Reddit with another user with they claiming it was a Shadow Daemon and myself a Vampire. With the amount they detailed the creature and Van Brechts own history with Vampires I was shocked people would guess anything else. 

5 minutes ago, NotAWzrd said:

That shield design does look very  Scandinavian / Norse compared to anything in the current death range now you mention it. Also I was constantly thinking of zombie whalers as a left turn when everyone was mentioning vampirates. Vampire Pirates has always felt too one note of a design for how AoS armies are seemingly designed, so Scandi fishermen zombies would be awesome! Would make a great counter to Idoneth and all their sea beasts stealing souls from Nagash if we had an undead Captain Ahab / Davy Jones character as well. 

I. WANT. THIS!! Zombie Nordic Whalers!? This sounds epic as hell mate!! I can already imagine the Zombie Kraken Eater conversions...

7 minutes ago, NotAWzrd said:

That would be absolutely awesome.

Vampirate hype is so 2020.

Deadwhal(k)ers hype is 2021.

The Lumineth(?)  on the flying could giving Sun Wukong vibes, I'm already in love.

I'm in the "Vampire/Witch Hunter probably special mini/hero for WaHa Quest" camp too, mainly because I don't want to be disappointed in the future hahah

And oh boy does that palanquin look awesome! I know I grumbled about how Slaanesh has been depicted in the past, so I'm not ashamed to say I'm glad my worries were wrong - I love the direction GW is taking with Slaanesh, and showcasing other types of excess in miniature form too. Also, halflings confirmed in AoS(!)!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, NotAWzrd said:

Undead Davy Jones deserves a Flying Dutchman let's go

If we can have Flying Sea Monsters and Flying Dwarf Ships, we deserve flying ghost ships.

And at least 1 Kraken and it best be a Zombie.

• Like 1