The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The more I look at the 'Vampire' thing, I'm wondering... could it be a Dwarf?

The shield looks a lot like one of the Ironbreaker shields. 

His beard is wispy (from decay of course) but it's still prominent.

His hands are very thick and sausagey, although this could be attributed to a body 'bloating'.

Proportionately, his head looks quite low, with high shoulders, which is often a Dwarf look compared to Humans.

I'm probably reading way too much into it though 

Still;

Broke: Vampirates.
Woke: Vampwarfs.

They look like zombies, and my theory for dead walkers going forward was that we might get zombies of different races, like ogres and dwarves so you could be onto something. 

• Like 2

I suspect the 'llama' is either a sphiranx-riding Lumineth hero, given the sphinxes of Hysh indicating the possibility of a nobler strain of sphiranx than the mindstealer in the sphinx's image, or it's Tyrion and his sun-symbolizing sphinx like Celennar is moon-linked with Teclis, and Tyrion flat-out rides his sphinx to battle.

Not sure it looks quite elaborate enough to be Tyrion, but... could be him.

• Like 3

Looks like some solar imagery on those Lumineth. Love the cool eastern looking mace and having a cloud-riding whoever is rad.

That Slaanesh palanquin is great, easily twice as much creativity and good design work in that one kit as most 40k stuff of the last year. The flunkeys, the pose of the dudes pulling it, that brilliant mask-helm of the big guy on the right. Just fantastic.

• Like 3

Nice teases all around. The palanquin had some cool characters in there although the chariot/palanquin feels a bit chunky to me.  I do really like the lore, a Slaanesh lord who wants to taste everything. Great that it focuses on such an aspect of Slaanesh. 

gotta say, I’m excited for things to come. So the teaser worked😊

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, elfhead said:

Nice teases all around. The palanquin had some cool characters in there although the chariot/palanquin feels a bit chunky to me.  I do really like the lore, a Slaanesh lord who wants to taste everything. Great that it focuses on such an aspect of Slaanesh. 

gotta say, I’m excited for things to come. So the teaser worked😊

The Old World had a merchant in the Empire that got a taste for exotic meats (implied to be human) imported from all over the world, Norsca and beyond included. I think the blurb ended with him discovered as a giant fat spaen blob thing, but the idea stuck with me.

A fat dude that likes to eat is a bit boring, though. I would have done a super fat body with stubby arms and legs and thick jowels and quadrupple chins with a hollowed out, husk-like belly, showing how Slaanesh's blessing is also a curse that won't ever allow him to be sated. 

I might replace him with a gaunt dude or a beastman made from a Slaughterpriest, back in 6th ed I wanted a pretty boy Nohorn Beastlord on a chariot 🤔

The chubby new guy can go into a bathtub on wheels filled with wine and intoxicants and be a sorcerer or whatever.

I just realised something, Slaanesh now also has halflings. The blissbrew homunculus is also quite a small fella, man I hope that's the case. The small dude is serving the new named character food and we all know that halflings are good at cooking. 

xZvwQ8w.png

Edited by shinros
  • Like 9

27 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

The Youtube upload of that video is titled New Year New Models – Coming Early 2021 so it seems we won't have to wait too long until we know what everything is

The comment section is open! SPREAD HERESY!

Not to disappoint anyone but what if the witch/vampire hunter is the store birthday model this year? Think about it - if all of these are coming in early 2021, I don't see room for it to release with a full new army. There are definitely other possibilities, but I think one way or another this might be a fairly standalone model for now.

• Like 1

At first I only looked at the article without watching the video, and was like 'awesome palanquin but hoped for more', but damn that video has me so HYPED

Literally all of the models shown for AoS have me interested. I loved the basic lumineth and bought their box, but didn't really like the mountain dudes. But wow, the wind temple looks exactly like what I wanted from them. The vampire hunter is so good (from what we've seen, of course) and even better if he's a part of a bigger, grimdarker faction of humans. The dead thing is absolutely, awesomely terrifying, not sure if he'll be part of FEC or a new faction (which I'd prefer).

Sorry if I sounded like an overly excited teenager who's about to be even more broke, but that's precisely what I am

• Like 1

Theory about the vampire hunter, and all the assorted flesheater/ ossiarch / zombie / vampire rumour engines and previews: It would make sense that they present the next Warhammer Quest soon. The first one was succeeded by Blackstone Fortress and it's been finished for a while now. It was pretty popular and I'd assume they're working on the next one and that it'll be AoS again.

And it's a reasonable way to put all those different undead into a single release without making it two (human / undead) entirely new armies. But still, if I'm right, I'm all for the potential vampire hunter models that will come with this!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Fantastic for Slaneesh and that new Zombie model is insane!?!? Cannot wait for Lumineth Wave 2 especially for @LuminethMage. The Vampire/Witch Hunter combined with the zombie has me beyond hyped for 2021 Age of Sigmar. ****** this was incredible I just wish we saw more!!

Thank you, I’m super happy as you can imagine. A new Temple, with likely a new Wizard and a new spell lore 🥰 I honestly didn’t expect that. The other teasers are also awesome as you say. Looks like it’ll be a great year for AoS.    

• LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, LuminethMage said:

Thank you, I’m super happy as you can imagine. A new Temple, with likely a new Wizard and a new spell lore 🥰 I honestly didn’t expect that. The other teasers are also awesome as you say. Looks like it’ll be a great year for AoS.    

What sort of mounts do you think they're riding? I'm leaning towards Camels!!

21 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Not to disappoint anyone but what if the witch/vampire hunter is the store birthday model this year? Think about it - if all of these are coming in early 2021, I don't see room for it to release with a full new army. There are definitely other possibilities, but I think one way or another this might be a fairly standalone model for now.

After successfully calling the Vampire Hunter from the advent rumour engines, I'm going to double down on my other prediction:

Vampires (Legions of Nagash) vs. Vampire Hunter (Cities of Sigmar) duel box in March.

We have seen this exact thing with the new Hedonites: Put out two foot heroes in a duel box, telegraph the release with an Underworlds warband, full release of the army three months later. In this case, Cities will only get the Vampire Hunter, Legions will get their big release.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

18 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

What sort of mounts do you think they're riding? I'm leaning towards Camels!!

Could be. The Sprit seems to be fox-faced, so it could be also some kind of foxlike creature with long legs.

But the colour of it, and what we can see from the shape, it does have a camel-like vibe. In the Battletome it says the Wind Temple ride “long-limbed beasts racing across the desert”, so that also would fit with a camel-like creature. 

It could also have proportions or a silhouette similar to the new Slaanesh mount, because the Lumineth and new Hedonites share some design aspects. And the new Lumineth cavalry is also supposed to be ranged.

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 2

The vampire hunter could be a store exclusive or a black library tie-in for sure, however I think Warhammer Quest is the most likely given the numerous death rumour engines and the critter and keys familiars type models. Happened with Silver Tower and Tzeentch, and then again with Blackstone Fortress and Chaos Space Marines, so it would mean a full death release later on in the year. 

The Lumineth mount has an elongated face which would suggest it’s not a Sphinx inspired creature like Celenarr or the Sphiranx. It could be some kind of camel given the Asiatic design cues of the Lumineth. 

As for the big zombie boy, I initially thought he was an Orruk when I first saw it, could it be an undead Ork? 

• Like 1