The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, LordAlpharius said:

Jesus just stop being a salty grognard and drop the silly confirmation bias

Not asking for anyone to agre with me, just stating an opinion. On this very same Thread a lot of people said would vote for Eltharion. Teclis was a very divisive models while Eltharion was generally well regarded by the community.

Results doesnt reflect that, wich is odd.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, michu said:

One forum is not a representation of  the overall opinion of one miniature.

True, but this opinion is shared among many foruns.  Even on Lumineth community ones have a lot of proxies and conversions that according to the author thenselves were made because of dislike toward the model.  A Very common one is the lowering of the arms to exit the Y pose, Teclis headswaps and Sphinx replacements/swaps with the Mindstealer Sphix.

That said, i am not going to take this discussion further on.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

Book 3 - Alareille 

Focusing back on our first big narrative moment in Morathi, these are the events that occur during the initial breaching of the Ghyran gate, and Nurgle's powerplay as a 'the gate works both ways'. Alareille sees no other hope than to ask for help from her oldest ally - Teclis, and the LRL, to fight back against the Nurgle and Beastmen that are now carving through Ghyran.

As the book ends, we are at a stalemate. Even with the LRL, Alarielle is pushed further back into Ghyran and Nurgle's power is rapidly spreading.

An agreement is made between the Aelven Gods - and Tyrion sends a message to his brother to send aid, and solidifying their alliance - at the time in which the Deepkin and DoK have made an alliance of their own.

ELVEN CIVIL WAR BABY (setting up for our 3.0 Malerion as the deciding factor between the two, or a third pillar...?)

Armies - Sylvaneth, BoC, Lumineth, Nurgle. 

At this point, I would expect our first battlebox of the year - with Beastmen vs Sylvaneth featuring Pestigors and a Pestigor hero matched against a Spite Revenant hero. 

Nurgle will be the 'red headed stepchild' here, with what I'd expect to simply be rules concerning including Pestigors within your Maggotkin lists and changes to the existing rules to help tide them over.

I expect a Nurgle battletome and wider release to come later - possibly after 3.0 - and a victim of the Covid Calendar Pushback. 

Just quotted a small part of your post. You were not kidding when you said it was huge 🤣

I was thinking Teclis for Book 3 but your Allarielle teory does have a point. Not sure if Lumineth and Sylvaneth would have a strong alliance since both are really too focused on their own stuff to trully ally to someone else.

Lumineth would burn everything down to seal away chaos and Sylvaneth arent exactly the best allies around, usually focusing on thier own kin over everything else. (maybe that new alliance type from GHB 2020? forgot the name, where 2 armies cooperate but arent really friends).

I think GW have plans for more Second Wave models like Slaneesh but lets see how bad Nurgle plague will be to hold production down. I think many armies will receive a second wave+ Tome on 2021 and that AoS 3.0 will be a 2022 thing.

• Like 1

If 2.0 was the edition of sorting things out 3.0 is the edition of fleshing things out - that is we don't know if its new edition territory yet. Big updates like Slaanesh is getting can well come between editions. GW can get away with this because of the sheer weight of additions making it worth getting a new book. The new troops are going to near double the troops range for Slaanesh which is a big addition to their roster; big additions mean big changes to the army so its a welcome thing. 

AS for the preview GW said it was on newyears day which would suggest tomorrow. If they were doing a midnight reveal (which is in just under 3 hours time from now) then I'd have thought they'd have had a counter on the website. Who knows we might get lucky, but I'd estimate we'll see it tomorrow. Somewhere around 1-2pm GMT (based on GW using that time slot a lot in the past to pair well with overseas)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/12/31/model-of-the-year-2020-the-results/

So the poll was discussed here earlier and here are the results... No AOS models in the top 3. 😢

Grr this is why we need AOS as it's own competition, I don't think anything but 40K related has won that?

Just now, Public Universal Duardin said:

Grr this is why we need AOS as it's own competition, I don't think anything but 40K related has won that?

It's hard - 40K just has a bigger playerbase by far than AoS which skews it and most of the armies for 40K have bigger fanbases. If we got an utterly insanely awesome Skaven model we might have a chance!

• LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Overread said:

It's hard - 40K just has a bigger playerbase by far than AoS which skews it and most of the armies for 40K have bigger fanbases. If we got an utterly insanely awesome Skaven model we might have a chance!

Hahah, well, Year of the Rat would have been a great year to release new Skaven! But in hindsight, a really bad one for Clan Pestilens...

Here's to hope AOS getting some e x p o n e n t i a l g r o w t h in 2021!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

I was thinking Teclis for Book 3 but your Allarielle teory does have a point. Not sure if Lumineth and Sylvaneth would have a strong alliance since both are really too focused on their own stuff to trully ally to someone else.

Lumineth would burn everything down to seal away chaos and Sylvaneth arent exactly the best allies around, usually focusing on thier own kin over everything else. (maybe that new alliance type from GHB 2020? forgot the name, where 2 armies cooperate but arent really friends).

The Volturnos/Morathi alliance is similar too - allies driven by 'enemy of my enemy' and a mutual agreement for reaching power together

Where as they have a shared feeling of being denied their 'right' to power, Teclis/Allarielle share a feeling of isolation that they were driven out of and being 'forced' to act to reach their end goals of eradicating Chaos. 

It's clear that both alliances won't last - they've/d made friends purely to achieve their common goals. 

It's why, imo, having Malerion as the 'third pillar' seems like where you have your narrative twist - Malerion, who spent his life committing heinous acts because of being denied his right for power, and understand all too well that 'the end justifies the means', knows that Teclis and Allarielle would commit acts far beyond what would be justified (eg. Teclis would happily wipe out the Deepkin if given the chance)

2 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

I think GW have plans for more Second Wave models like Slaneesh but lets see how bad Nurgle plague will be to hold production down. I think many armies will receive a second wave+ Tome on 2021 and that AoS 3.0 will be a 2022 thing.

Imo we'll see it Q4 2021 - it'll definitely be pushed back, but I'd say to the Late September release slot or the Early October slot.

If I'm being mindful of the way GW sees 3.0 after Indomitus and 9th 40k, i would not be doubtful of an Indomitus-esque release box to really push that graph upwards - I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest for GW to make Indomitus-esque release boxes a staple from now on.

Indomitus made a lot of monies - It would be a strange move for GW to not want to try and keep cashing in on the hype dollars.

November will be the new starter set release to begin the Christmas run-up and the big drive for AOS 3.0 at Christmas

It would also work as a sweet way to push out those Christmas Battleforce boxes in 2021 - "NEW EDITION GET UR NEW ARMY LETS GO".

Also Happy New Year boys, girls and nbys

Edited by Dreddships

My biggest fingers crossed hope for 3.0 is the introduction of a system like Crusade to the game for narrative play, as well as putting the Anvil of Apotheosis into the core rules for narrative.

As much as I know competetive is often seen as the definitive way to play I just want to have excuses to make custom models to represent an unfolding story.

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Dreddships said:

The Volturnos/Morathi alliance is similar too - allies driven by 'enemy of my enemy' and a mutual agreement for reaching power together

Where as they have a shared feeling of being denied their 'right' to power, Teclis/Allarielle share a feeling of isolation that they were driven out of and being 'forced' to act to reach their end goals of eradicating Chaos. 

It's clear that both alliances won't last - they've/d made friends purely to achieve their common goals. 

It's why, imo, having Malerion as the 'third pillar' seems like where you have your narrative twist - Malerion, who spent his life committing heinous acts because of being denied his right for power, and understand all too well that 'the end justifies the means', knows that Teclis and Allarielle would commit acts far beyond what would be justified (eg. Teclis would happily wipe out the Deepkin if given the chance)

Imo we'll see it Q4 2021 - it'll definitely be pushed back, but I'd say to the Late September release slot or the Early October slot.

If I'm being mindful of the way GW sees 3.0 after Indomitus and 9th 40k, i would not be doubtful of an Indomitus-esque release box to really push that graph upwards - I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest for GW to make Indomitus-esque release boxes a staple from now on.

Indomitus made a lot of monies - It would be a strange move for GW to not want to try and keep cashing in on the hype dollars.

November will be the new starter set release to begin the Christmas run-up and the big drive for AOS 3.0 at Christmas

It would also work as a sweet way to push out those Christmas Battleforce boxes in 2021 - "NEW EDITION GET UR NEW ARMY LETS GO".

Also Happy New Year boys, girls and nbys

Fully agree with your assessment on Alarielle and Teclis and their potential of committing acts above and beyond.  Both have showcased that moral grey area in their character in aos especially Alarielle who showcased to be a force that is often unruly and unpredictable as her mood changes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fulkes said:

My biggest fingers crossed hope for 3.0 is the introduction of a system like Crusade to the game for narrative play, as well as putting the Anvil of Apotheosis into the core rules for narrative.

As much as I know competetive is often seen as the definitive way to play I just want to have excuses to make custom models to represent an unfolding story.

What is the "Crusade " system ?

32 minutes ago, xking said:

What is the "Crusade " system ?

In 40k it's a narrative system where you start with a smaller force that gains experience, can gain new special rules, or gain draw backs called "battle scars" from being destroyed (which have ways of being removed). As you play games you record experience for things like units destroyed, and which unit is your MVP. and other bonuses and can expand your force by spending requisition points. 

Part of this is that special characters can't gain XP, but they also can't gain battle scars if they're destroyed in a game.

The biggest bonus of the game mode is that it can be used in campaigns, or solo (only requirement is that you play Crusade Missions to improve your army) as you build and army and creates reasons to customize units to represent special skills or battle scars they've gained over time.  Balance for the 40k version has to do with units increasing in Power Level as they gain improvements, and certain bonuses being given to the weaker force to keep the games roughly even.

I cannot conceive of getting annoyed about - or taking seriously or even getting paranoid about - a best mini of the year contest run by a miniature manufacturer and put open to that miniature manufacturer’s fanbase. The idea is absurd, you do yourself a disservice by taking it seriously. It’s like getting het up about the Goodreads awards. I know we’re between rumours/previews and folks need to speak about something but it’s not worth it.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 7

14 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

True, but this opinion is shared among many foruns.  Even on Lumineth community ones have a lot of proxies and conversions that according to the author thenselves were made because of dislike toward the model.  A Very common one is the lowering of the arms to exit the Y pose, Teclis headswaps and Sphinx replacements/swaps with the Mindstealer Sphix.

That said, i am not going to take this discussion further on.

I'm gonna let you in a little secret: people mainly go to the internets to ****** about things and not so much to praise things

• Like 2