The Rumour Thread

Ramping up the boar iconography for Ironjawz could be a cool way to inject them with some more flavour. Looking back through the rumour engines there isn’t  too much that suggests Destruction other than the vulture, the big jaw thing and what looks like the body of a Gargant. 

On a side note I saw this again and thought it could be Slambo’s shield on his back as we don’t see it in the released images for Khagras Ravagers 

image.jpeg.a0af3a3b22ca77436fa521b7a516e697.jpeg

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

If the big start event for AoS 3 will be Gordrakks attack the start box has to be Orruk Warclans and I would suspect its going to be mainly Ironjawz

Also GWs starter start have been EtB with completely new units for a while so if its Ironjawz vs Stormcast we can expect a new Camber and at least 2 new heroes and 3 new units for Orruks with mutipart kits coming later

Many people have speculated this to be the case and if it comes to fruition ill be one happy waaaagh

• Like 2

I'm not surprised - 40K has a bigger market and its had some big releases this year for armies that have fanbases going back decades. Some of the big AoS releases this year are by no means bad, but have fanbases that go back, well, less than a year! I do think it would be fairer to split the two at least for the two main games. AoS model of the year and 40K model of the year. 

Cause poor AoS is going to come up short every time unless a Great Demon (cross over model) wins 

• Like 2

To be fair, while AoS has had some nice releases this year, I think they've paled compared to 40k's, simply for the fact that 40k has had the chance to have so much more stuff. Big and impressive models tend to win (or meme models in one case) and AoS has only had two of them this year, both of which got into the top 10. 

That said, I'm surprised Teclis got in over the Light of Eltharion.  

I'm happy that my pick (the Void Dragon) made it and Ghaz is a decent enough pick for the first place but Eltharion did deserve to be mentioned at least. I'm far from a fan of Aelves but that mini is without a doubt not only beautiful and cool but also very clever from a technical POV. Considering the amazing feedback it got, it's strange it's not in the top 3. Was it even nominated?

• Like 3

I know I voted for Eltharion, he seemed the best bet for an AoS model to win as he was both popular and exemplified the Age of Sigmar spirit in a model, be a beautiful sculpt with an amazing epic fantasy lore (living armor protecting a reality of light magic alongside the gods that created him while echoing something from the world-that-was but still  clearly being it's own thing).

Happy that Teclis and Celennar got mentioned at least as they're fantastic models, I saw a lot of people for them on twitter and this one poster hit the nail on the head that this was really tough because this year has been Good for amazing model releases. xD

"elmundos(hellmundos):

@WarComTeam 

I vote for teclis he is fantastic, but the light of eltarion,fabius bile, ragnar, gazghkull, and all horus heresy dark angels, too many good models
I see in the past that chaos space are well represented, especially Primarch, maybe it could be time for angron or fulgrim's back?"

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Grim Beasties said:

Bill the Pony was robbed!

The polls are no place for a pony, even one so brave as Bill. 💔

I was hoping for more of a tease from the Year in Review article. Maybe I was missing something but at least it had the Mindstealer making it a better showcase of their models than the actual best model poll. 

Although, this must be hinting at the imminent release Critters and Keys: "Rest assured, 2021 is gearing up to knock your new Christmas socks off. If you’ve been keeping up with our preview events, you’ve got a good idea of the amazing work that’s coming very soon".

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

xD

How GW had to put Teclis in there instead of Eltharion just to make people believe, that a lot of people find that model good XD.
I call it first: That "contester" is fake.

Was thinkink exactly the same. Not even on Lumineth only groups i see a lot of love for Teclis. Half the posts are "How do i convert...".

On the other hand a lot of the community voted Eltharion.

Looks fishy.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Dreddships said:

The fact that Katakros got his rightful 1st place stolen in 2019 and now Eltharion got cheated out of a place in the entire list in 2020 is proof that we should riot. 

I suggest a march to Excelsis! Drop some Ork Flesh contrast over our heads, and cry havoc. Or just WAAAGH!

• Like 2

MASSIVE PREDICTION POST INCOMING

----

At the end of 2020, I've got my final Broken Realms predictions. 

First prediction and core prediction - I disagree that Broken Realms will be a continuous narrative, but rather, all the books will occur over a singular parallel timeline - in which events lead to each other simultaneously. This is why Sigmar does not send his full forces to deal with Morathi's ritual or the uprising and the formation of Har Kuron

In my opinion, BR is working to set up all our current factions at a singular narrative point that will kick off 3.0 - which in my opinion, will be Sigmar's pushback against the forces of Morathi-Order/Chaos/Death/Destruction that BR sets up as well as the Order/Aelven Civil War.

Book 2 - Gordrakk 

After Morathi manipulated Sigmar to bring the SCE into a push through Ghyran into the Eightpoints, Gordrakk sees his chance, pushing the Grand forces of Destruction into Excelsius, breaching the gate and smashing their way into Azyr. Ultimately putting their greed aside, the forces of the Baraks and Fyreslayer lodges are the only true forces standing in the way of Gordrakk headbutting Sigmar and proving he is, undoubtably, da best.

The book ends with our first major 3.0 tease - as Sigmar sees the events of Excelsius and begins the process of opening the next chamber...

Armies - Orruk Warclans, Ogor Mawtribes, Kharadron Overlords, Fyreslayers. Gloomspite Gitz gets some small note for an army of pure Gobbos - they've had Tome Celestials for each of the other portions of their book. 

Book 3 - Alareille 

Focusing back on our first big narrative moment in Morathi, these are the events that occur during the initial breaching of the Ghyran gate, and Nurgle's powerplay as a 'the gate works both ways'. Alareille sees no other hope than to ask for help from her oldest ally - Teclis, and the LRL, to fight back against the Nurgle and Beastmen that are now carving through Ghyran.

As the book ends, we are at a stalemate. Even with the LRL, Alarielle is pushed further back into Ghyran and Nurgle's power is rapidly spreading.

An agreement is made between the Aelven Gods - and Tyrion sends a message to his brother to send aid, and solidifying their alliance - at the time in which the Deepkin and DoK have made an alliance of their own.

ELVEN CIVIL WAR BABY (setting up for our 3.0 Malerion as the deciding factor between the two, or a third pillar...?)

Armies - Sylvaneth, BoC, Lumineth, Nurgle. 

At this point, I would expect our first battlebox of the year - with Beastmen vs Sylvaneth featuring Pestigors and a Pestigor hero matched against a Spite Revenant hero. 

Nurgle will be the 'red headed stepchild' here, with what I'd expect to simply be rules concerning including Pestigors within your Maggotkin lists and changes to the existing rules to help tide them over.

I expect a Nurgle battletome and wider release to come later - possibly after 3.0 - and a victim of the Covid Calendar Pushback. 

Book 4 - Neferata

HELLO VAMPIRES OUR NEW LORDS AND SAVIOURS

We will have seen our Vampire friends in Beastgrave months before we see our dead friends fleshed out with a new battletome and BR book.

The narrative beginning with the OBR push from Morathi - and providing us our first major players as Katakros now comes face to face with the armies of Tzeentch. What better way to really give Mr According to Plan a narrative arc beyond Everchosen than having him face-to-face with the God of According to Plan?

Seeing the events of the OBR invasion, and the breach of Azyr from Gordrakk's forces, Neferata decides to show her face with her plan to use the armies of death to solidify Nagash's hold in Shyish.

The Stormcast are busy, Chaos is dealing with David Bowie's Buldge and The Corpse Bridge.

Just one problem - It's Khorne, and the big boi wants to play who can take skulls and drink blood better, Vampires or Khornate cultists?

At the meantime, Vampire agents across the Realms begin to act as they're threatened by the actions of Destruction and Order - this is what we see in BR Morathi as a Vampire deals with the Har Kuron insurgents.

The narrative ends with a 'meanwhile... in the Black Pyramid'.

Nagash is realising all this death around the Realms is pretty good for him, and stroking his beard and doing his best Skeletor impression, decides to finally go meet his old friend and sort out their ****** ... 

Spoilers - it's definitely Ushoran.

This is to Death what Book 2 is to Destruction - the final 'hurrah' before.

LoN will have their book by this point, so I'm calling rules for Nighthaunt, OBR, DoT and BoK as well as FEC. 

Book 5 - Verminking.

In a dramatic conclusion - this is, imo, the book that will drag all of these narratives together. The Skaven Council of 13 - casting their gaze around the Realms - sees one common thing : anarchy ripe for feasting, just as planned.

It is here our good friend, captain killsteal, herald of a Chaos god, Skreech gives the order - invade Azyr, maw through into the Heavens itself and steal Sigmar's throne for the true king of reality, the Great Horned Rat.

After pushing into Azyr, the Skaven - as usual - realise they had a major flaw in their brilliant plan. The Order of Azyr, the chosen of the Church of Sigmar, stand in their way ... as well as a whole army of Orruks, Goblins and Ogors who want to do it too. 

And so, as Skaven do, they try plan B - Lock Sigmar in - and as armies of Undead, the Newborn, Morathi-Khaine and the endless enemies of Sigmar clash at the gates of Excelsius, the Skaven do the one thing they're good at and destroy the open gate of Azyr. The pathway is gone - or at least the pathway in has vanished. 

The Skaven, as Skaven do, have almost brilliantly been the downfall of Sigmar by complete accident and misplanning.

Had it not been for Sigmar himself opening the chambers of *siege warfare*.

It was clear that Sigmar could not sit idle as his enemies planned to overthrow him - he must crush them - and so launches his new boys in azerite to begin the process of laying siege to the Realms.

Welcome to 3.0 bois - Sigmar is finally on a true warpath and is taking no prisoners anymore. 

Book 5, minus a heavy focus on fixing Skaven, will likely be mostly flavour warscrolls.

At this point, I'd expect 3.0 to be a month or two away - all of our GAs are now at some level of intensity :

Chaos has launched a grand counterattack into Ghyran and Shyish as well as gaining a new god and blowing up a realm gate 

Death has began the next state of its grand invasion into the Eightpoints and truly solidify its hold in Shyish and begin working its master plan across the Realms. 

Destruction has unified, under one banner, and breached Azyr. Even though they're now practically trapped, there is now a single minded force of absolute smashin' on a warpath across the Realms starting with Azyr.

Order now faces trouble from everyone - Chaos, Death, Destruction and itself. An aelven civil war is brewing, Azyr is breached, Chaos/Death/Destruction are now even more of a threat, but they're not down and out just yet.

TLDR : the rats are going to almost end the whole world by blowing something up... for the hundredth time

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Thiagoma said:

Was thinkink exactly the same. Not even on Lumineth only groups i see a lot of love for Teclis. Half the posts are "How do i convert...".

On the other hand a lot of the community voted Eltharion.

Looks fishy.

Jesus just stop being a salty grognard and drop the silly confirmation bias

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3