The Rumour Thread

23 minutes ago, jeremym said:

No but the molds break and they don't recast them. 

As I know next to nothing about the process I hope you can inform me. When people mention the molds breaking, is it a case of them slowly wearing over time or rather that they literally break? I feel like Bandai keeps fairly old molds in production for their Gundam Models. Or is this a more pertinent issue for finecast/resin molds? 

So, for example will Liberators eventually need a new release due to such wear or breakage? And what is the approximate timeline? I know first hand that some of the models in certain lines are older than certain players. Were such molds less frequently used or just better stood the test of time?

20 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

As I know next to nothing about the process I hope you can inform me. When people mention the molds breaking, is it a case of them slowly wearing over time or rather that they literally break? I feel like Bandai keeps fairly old molds in production for their Gundam Models. Or is this a more pertinent issue for finecast/resin molds? 

So, for example will Liberators eventually need a new release due to such wear or breakage? And what is the approximate timeline? I know first hand that some of the models in certain lines are older than certain players. Were such molds less frequently used or just better stood the test of time?

I would suggest starting a new topic asking this question 😉

• Thanks 2

I kind of hope and won't be surprised at all if the old world is in a smaller scale, they would be insanely foolish to not tap into the Warhammer total war crowd.  Odds are its just going to be entirely forgeworld and a replacement for horus heresy but I'm hoping for smaller scale miniatures so we can have massive battles.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Damosane said:

I kind of hope and won't be surprised at all if the old world is in a smaller scale, they would be insanely foolish to not tap into the Warhammer total war crowd.  Odds are its just going to be entirely forgeworld and a replacement for horus heresy but I'm hoping for smaller scale miniatures so we can have massive battles.

Imagine if The Old World comes out and it's warmaster scale prepaints to capture that X-Wing market. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OkayestDM said:

And maybe - just maybe . . . . . . . . . 

Critters and Keys!

Oh, heck yeah! 😎

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Imagine if The Old World comes out and it's warmaster scale prepaints to capture that X-Wing market. 

I mean they can also bring back Man O' War in a warmasterscale. It would be fantastic in the AoS setting KO airships, IDK leviathans, Blackfeet ships, Grotbag Scuttlers... pretty much every army could have an awesome concept for a ship. 

I think we sadly have way too little information on Old World to predict the scale... In terms of speculation I think both sides of the argument have merits but I am not willing to take a stab at predicting the scale. I would personally prefer 28mm scale for conversions and proxies. I keep stating it would be a good excuse to start collecting some Beastmen.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 hours ago, Deepkin said:

The Old World will certainly be in 28mm scale. No way GW passes up on all the people from their other systems who will buy the models just for conversions alone, let alone the returning players and new converts. 

GW doesn't do 28mm.

They do 25 mm for LOTR, and Heroic scale, which depending on the sculptor and the year of design is between 28 and 34 mm but weirldy proportioned (mostly bigger hands and heads, but generally very, very wide. Just a tad more realistic than LEGO minifigs).

The square base they showed does seem to fit the shape for a 20*20 mm base (height of base is usable as a guide for base size). This indicates, to me, a heroic scale. How far that has grown by the time TOW comes out, nobody knows, but I estimate the average human to have an eye height of 34 mm by then.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

will Liberators eventually need a new release due to such wear or breakage

It will take a very, very long time for that to happen.

The original rhino kit, one of the most popular kits for the most popular model range in GW history, lasted for-freakin-ever. When I worked there, we used to joke that we wished the darn mold would break already so they can make a new rhino kit.

Steel injection molds last for a reeeeeally long time.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Damosane said:

Honestly I would absolutely love Warmaster scale, not sure about the prepaints though :')

I wouldn't mind prepainted models IF they marketed the game to a different demographic. If it draws in things of new players who could get exposed to the hobby sort of "something else you can do it you want" then cool.

You can always paint over prepainted models. We used to do that with old Monsterpocalypse models before they redid the game to be played with hobby models instead of collectable ones.

Important news people!! 

Some insane smith has gone beyond the veil of the realms and has apparently committed a great act and has forged Gotrek's AXE! 

133614939_3861019393943059_3925142052622

There will be a video going up at some point showing the making and such of the axe (apparently in the next day or two since the axe is now completed). 

https://www.youtube.com/c/michaelcthulhu/videos

And yes as far as he can work out that's the accurate height and size for the axe. 

• Like 12
  • LOVE IT! 9

8 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

Look at the shields used. The Empire shield shapes fit the ones we have quite well, and are from the same historical time as the Freeguild lineup. Bretonnia also fits their 14th century knight aesthetic quite well.

They could, and might, use scale creep to make old armies seem odd (and bot Freeguild Guard and Crossbowmen really want a refresh), but the current artwork indicates the broad design of the armies could well fit.

Sure, freeguild swordsmen and similar may crossover easily, however say goodbye to the entire collegiate arcane and potentially many gunpowder based units, depending on when exactly around 2200 the game will be based.

Any way, we are way off and for now AoS seems more interesting and less written in stone, new races can pop over from anywhere, who knows, maybe Saturday we will see a glimpse of 2021 new armies!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Overread said:

And yes as far as he can work out that's the accurate height and size for the axe. 

Definitely checks out. It was always described as being too massive for a regular man(or even dawi) to use.

Reminds me of a Stormcast lord-celestant cosplay someone did and just how huge those sigmarite hammers actually are.

C-XOMxzU0AA3ACd.jpg:large

Now they need to do his Fyreslayer axe next and put them crossed on a mantle with the words "Gotrek Lives!" emblazoned on it. :D

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 4

9 hours ago, alghero81 said:

Sure, freeguild swordsmen and similar may crossover easily, however say goodbye to the entire collegiate arcane and potentially many gunpowder based units, depending on when exactly around 2200 the game will be based.

Any way, we are way off and for now AoS seems more interesting and less written in stone, new races can pop over from anywhere, who knows, maybe Saturday we will see a glimpse of 2021 new armies!

Mordheim (1999) shows handguns, pistols and the odd small cannon in action

4 minutes ago, Lord of the Isle said:

Mordheim (1999) shows handguns, pistols and the odd small cannon in action

Yes the first rudimental human  firearms were already available but was not until the Gunnery in Nuln was built that cannons and steam tanks start to appear. And if I’m not wrong all those weapons are of dwarf origin as humans shouldn’t have started building them until really close to the chaos wars.

small correction, we are talking about humans, dwarves already had them perfectioned at that time 

Edited by alghero81

If the Siege of Excelsis becomes the catalyst for AoS 3.0 like a lot of people are theorising, and we do indeed get the Order vs Destruction box to complete the triumvirate, what might the Destruction side contain? 

Destruction is the only alliance I haven’t collected anything from, so I have no idea what they need model, lore and rules wise. Might it be new models for Orruk Warclans or a new faction entirely?

4 minutes ago, NotAWzrd said:

If the Siege of Excelsis becomes the catalyst for AoS 3.0 like a lot of people are theorising, and we do indeed get the Order vs Destruction box to complete the triumvirate, what might the Destruction side contain? 

Destruction is the only alliance I haven’t collected anything from, so I have no idea what they need model, lore and rules wise. Might it be new models for Orruk Warclans or a new faction entirely?

The Orruk Warclans faction is in need of expansion so perhaps a new units of Ironjawz, Bonesplitters and perhaps a unit or two of standard Orruks. A Gore Grunta Chariot would also be perfect alongside a mounted hero other than Gordrakk. 

Ogor Mawtribes could use an update in terms of older models such as Yehtees and Frost Sabers and if Rumour Engines are anything to go by they may be getting a new Tyrant or something eventually. 

Gloomspite seems to be in a good place but I'll never so no to new models!!

Sons of Behemat I would expect to stay the same for another year or so but another Mancrusher kit would be excellent if so just for added variety!! The kit is still amazing but pales in comparison to the Mega Gargant kit so I'd love a new one to be released. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NotAWzrd said:

The Orruk Warclans faction is in need of expansion so perhaps a new units of Ironjawz, Bonesplitters and perhaps a unit or two of standard Orruks. A Gore Grunta Chariot would also be perfect alongside a mounted hero other than Gordrakk. 

Ogor Mawtribes could use an update in terms of older models such as Yehtees and Frost Sabers and if Rumour Engines are anything to go by they may be getting a new Tyrant or something eventually. 

Gloomspite seems to be in a good place but I'll never so no to new models!!

Sons of Behemat I would expect to stay the same for another year or so but another Mancrusher kit would be excellent if so just for added variety!! The kit is still amazing but pales in comparison to the Mega Gargant kit so I'd love a new one to be released. 

Yeah my immediate thought was Ironjawz getting something new. They basically consist of armoured Orruks and then bigger armoured Orruks at the moment. The same problem the FEC line has with Ghouls and bigger Ghouls. There isn’t much variety compared to most of the other armies in AoS. 

As for new factions the only thing I could think of would be Sky Grotz because flying goblins versus flying dwarves is the most Age of Sigmar thing ever. 

54 minutes ago, NotAWzrd said:

Orruks. 

It wouldn't surprise me to see a "redux" of the old 6th edition WFB Empire vs Orcs starter, just with Stormcast over Empire.

A Warboss on Gore Grunta Chariot as a nice centrepiece and leader. 

A Gore Grunta Warboss or Shaman

5 Brutes

10 'Ardboys to give them a nice newer look to fit in a bit better

If you're feeling cheeky, throw in a few Gore Gruntas too, make it really Boar-Heavy. 

---

In terms of the SC, if the next chamber is going to be the 'Siege/Defence' Stormcast and build on the Ballista and Ordinator, in a way our Bowbois built into the Vanguard and... idk Birdcats (?) turned into Sancosanct (?), would work nicely to face them off against a chunky fast force. 

I want a centrepiece that feels like a siege weapon for the SC tbh.

As much as I love centrepiece Hero models like the Greater Daemons or Alarielle, stuff like the Mortek Crawler really made me wish for nice flashy models for artillery pieces.

They have a dragon and an angel, give them a trebuchet GW. Gimme a centrepiece I can perch on the edge of the field and chuck lightning-rocks around

• Like 3

If the big start event for AoS 3 will be Gordrakks attack the start box has to be Orruk Warclans and I would suspect its going to be mainly Ironjawz

Also GWs starter start have been EtB with completely new units for a while so if its Ironjawz vs Stormcast we can expect a new Camber and at least 2 new heroes and 3 new units for Orruks with mutipart kits coming later

Edited by Matrindur
  • LOVE IT! 1