The Rumour Thread

Interestingly, on one of the two versions* of the "next week preview Sunday article" we got, they said they will reveal this week the new Store Model Exclusive for 2021, and the video shows a (known) Idoneth artwork ! Prediction : either with the WHU warband or with this model, we'll get Embailor (the taming sea life-priests of the Idoneth).

Looking forward to it, the New Year preview, and to the news about "another great Nation of the Age" for The Old World, I hope it's Norsca !

* compare the one here (1min37) https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/12/27/this-week-in-warhammer-thievin-orks-and-a-look-into-the-new-year/ and the one on YouTube (1min32) : 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Aleser said:

I think claw is a bit big for critter this might be crab as individual model/fighter.

Here is claw on one of objective markers from direchasm:

20201228_091224.jpg

I might be seeing things but the trim looks very chaotic. I originally thought it was for deepkin and they'd get some cool crab-people ally or something.

5 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Is that the shield of Otto von Drak on the left?  I was hopping to see some vampires kicking around (I have a soft spot for Vlad).

None of these shields look even close. Besides Sylvania is a part of Stirland and Stirland is the eastern part of Empire.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, michu said:

None of these shields look even close. Besides Sylvania is a part of Stirland and Stirland is the eastern part of Empire.

The vampire wars happened during the War of the Three Emperor's I believe. I hoped to see a "shield" or something near Sylvania.

Fantastic for those excited by the Old World!! Now is it being developed (model wise) by Forgeworld? I cant remember, because I would hate to see in a few years Empire and Orcs getting these amazing sculpts and AOS Orruks and Free Cities becoming stale, or having to wait for the Old World to get some Free Cities models and they dont update them until then.

• Like 1

I´m afraid that the project is already doomed to frustration by the community from day one. People currently hype it and create expectations. There is no way GW will satisfy everyone. The more GW heats the hype train, the more frustration we will see day one. All could be stopped/prevented with a simple design manifesto, telling us what the heck we are actually about to expect

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Charleston said:

I´m afraid that the project is already doomed to frustration by the community from day one. People currently hype it and create expectations. There is no way GW will satisfy everyone. The more GW heats the hype train, the more frustration we will see day one. All could be stopped/prevented with a simple design manifesto, telling us what the heck we are actually about to expect

As Vince Venturella often points out, being vague means that everyone is free to project their own specific hopes and desires into the project.

Thus, it could never reach any of those expectations.

Edited by Kyriakin
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Wow, Bretonnia AND Wood Elves.

Today is a good day.

L'Anguille army is my pick! With cannons! (Heresy, I know... but Castle of L'Anguille had them.) With allied high elves.

Edited by michu
  • LOVE IT! 1

43 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Fantastic for those excited by the Old World!! Now is it being developed (model wise) by Forgeworld? I cant remember, because I would hate to see in a few years Empire and Orcs getting these amazing sculpts and AOS Orruks and Free Cities becoming stale, or having to wait for the Old World to get some Free Cities models and they dont update them until then.

Welp, looks like I can't afford to play Old World now! 😵

• Haha 1

I'm really curious how they plan to go about Old World. I'm not particularly interested in it as a game, but as a business model. Do they really plan to support three giant wargames in addition to their smaller skirmish games? Will it have as much or less focus than 40k or AoS? How much will it split the player base? How many new models are they going to push for it specifically? All questions we can't answer right now, but are all similarly important.

I also think Old World lovers are going to hype themselves into the grave when it doesn't live up to impossible expectations.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Charleston said:

CoS being the most popular army (or among the top) means, perhaps, that many of the current AoS players have their roots in the Old World. The IP is strong, being more relatable is a strong value, and I honestly think they thought that it wouldn't hold up so well unsupported.

Now, what do people want? Honestly, I think a lot of people want to revisit old themes and armies with a mixture of new and old sculpts. I think most want square bases and not a skirmish game. And, as long as there is enough people willing to pay for it, GW seems happy to provide.

I hope they allow for some cross-compatibility for the new and likely expensive units, though.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I also think Old World lovers are going to hype themselves into the grave when it doesn't live up to impossible expectations.

For me, as long as I'm able to field my IoB elves I'm good. Or Bretonnia. Or dwarfs. Or Nuln. Or...

Edited by michu
  • Like 3