The Rumour Thread

11 hours ago, swarmofseals said:

But does it really add anything constructive to the discussion to complain about what we did get?

Complaining about complainers isn't very constructive either, it always just comes off as very self-righteous and smarmy. 

If people weren't able to exclaim their disappointment- well, we might as well all be posting on GW Facebook groups instead and patting one another on the back about how perfect Daddy GW is and literally everybody thinks everything is wonderful forever in one, big, corporate hivemind.

Nor do I think it was an unreasonable expectation that the Christmas Day reveals were going to be the Advent Calendars. I mean that's pretty much how advent calendars work and reviewing this thread, it's very clear almost everybody was expecting the reveals to include those from the Advent Calendar, so clearly GW put across the wrong expectation.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

10 minutes ago, Ragest said:

@Golub87 New models don't look cheapy for me, they look full of elite army.

Maybe the archers could be cheap in points, but we saw sentinels at 140pt, so im not sure.

They could do either way I think. They don't look like a horde, but they don't look very elite either, so probably a bit pricer than the Tzeentch's Kairics (owing to Slaanesh's thing for perfectionism) but I don't think they'll be edging into Lumineth territory. Then again the Underworlds warband has only four models, even if one of them is a Slaangor so who knows. Painbringers will undoubtedly end up being the expensive, elite infantry.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

15 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Complaining about complainers isn't very constructive either, it always just comes off as very self-righteous and smarmy. 

If people weren't able to exclaim their disappointment- well, we might as well all be posting on GW Facebook groups instead and patting one another on the back about how perfect Daddy GW is and literally everybody thinks everything is wonderful forever in one, big, corporate hivemind.

Nor do I think it was an unreasonable expectation that the Christmas Day reveals were going to be the Advent Calendars. I mean that's pretty much how advent calendars work and reviewing this thread, it's very clear almost everybody was expecting the reveals to include those from the Advent Calendar, so clearly GW put across the wrong expectation.

While I think it would have been nice to have some or all of the advent calendar revealed, maybe it's a blessing in disguise that it didn't. Assuming some of these models are long off, it's no fun to be in a position where you know a few models that exist but they're not released for 6+ months so they become old news. I mentioned it before, but no one wants their favourite faction getting the Lumineth treatment. For example, people here are arguing that this reveal was dissapointing because we knew Slaanesh was coming - I would imagine the same logic would apply for a vampire release if we had a few models revealed now and they came out 6 months later, "why did they hype up this vampire release, we knew they were coming? Shadow aelves would be much cooler". 

That raises the question whether they should have done the advent calendar in the first place - I personally think it was mismanaged in its current state because everyone's wild guessing turned to disappointment. That said, I'd still feel as if it's better to be let down by a rumour engine than it is to see the models and wait on a crashing hype train for 6+ months. I imagine tempering hype is why the new Slaanesh shrine wasn't shown - they want to be able to generate hype later when it's closer to the release.  

And from a personal POV, I absolutely love the new Slaanesh models so it wasn't disappointing at all for me :P 

• Like 11
  • Confused 1

I think it is really strange that so many people assumed that the Advent Calendar was going to reveal all of the models previewed in the calendar. Advent Calendars are typically nice little treats, such as toys or chocolate, and will usually culminate in the biggest reveal... it isn't like on the last day of an advent calendar you find out all of your toys are Constructicons and can combine together or that the last Chocolate is all the other flavours of chocolate mixed together.

I think that what we got was more than sufficient for my expectations, but of course I always hope for more. I think I could better understand 40k players being upset as their reveal feels much less substantial (But as someone that isn't into 40k, I really like that box).

I hope that they do it again next year as it was fun and I hope that they do not make every day a reveal from only what they show on xmas. As this allowed people to speculate on vampires, freeguild, inquisitors, admech and many other fun pet theories which would not have been the case if we only saw pieces of the Slaanesh release and one individual Dark Eldar model. I agree with @Enoby as I too loved the reveal which may have taken the sting out of the disappointment for me.

I mean this Advent Calendar helped us realize the imminent release of GW's new flagship property Critters and Keys!

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

My Sons of Behemat army is soon to be grown with the addition of a Gatebreaker Mega Gargant!!

I also hear a thump thump thump in my skull and when I look to the skies a pasty pale moon grips my gaze...is that a Troggherd on the horizon?

EDIT. Decided against the Troggherd as I could get another Mega Gargant for the price and I can never get enough!!

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

patting one another on the back about how perfect Daddy GW is

Good to see that any time people express understanding that supply chain issues are a thing or that the release schedule has to be rearranged every time the UK's COVID response necessitates it, people jump on them with the above garbage. What a well thought out reaction.

The advent calendar had to have been planned in November and was carried out all of December. In that time, the changing messages from their government have made it difficult to plan anything. Their recent annoucement let us know they have to extend their releases to twice as long for a while. If they planned on showing what the advent models were and banked on releasing them a month and a half later, that is not three months. If it was two months out initially, its now around four. I understand people are disappointed they didn't get to see pictures of more toys (I know I am), but we really need to manage expectations a little more in this community. They could very well have decided that it is now too early to show these models given the extended release date, we have no way of knowing. 

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

My Sons of Behemat army is soon to be grown with the addition of a Gatebreaker Mega Gargant!!

I also hear a thump thump thump in my skull and when I look to the skies a pasty pale moon grips my gaze...is that a Troggherd on the horizon?

Or Skaven😉.

might be Morslieb, the moon made out of warpstone coming back

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Or Skaven😉.

might be Morslieb, the moon made out of warpstone coming back

Filthy Rat things ;) though I really really really hope they're the next updated Faction!! I want badass looking Rat Ogors instead of the goof troops they currently have!! Even repackaged Island of Blood would suffice.

23 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Haha and we love the positivity you  bring. 

Cheers mate appreciate it!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Like everyone else, nah, these im sure in the description mentioned knights and look heavier than striders, so my guess is these will be the chaos knight equivalent and striders the marauder horse equivalent.

so, looking abck on the community page:

"But what lies between the covers of this extravagant tome? First up, we have the chosen knights of the Dark Prince – the Slickblade Seekers. Riding their Exalted Steeds of Slaanesh into the heart of battle, they sever heads and limbs with their deadly glaives.

my gut feeling is that they're going to be the slaanesh monstrous cavalry option , in the same way that khorne got skullcrushers and nurgle got lords of affliction.  I suppose tzeentch got the skyfires so all the four chaos gods are covered now.

19 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Like everyone else, nah, these im sure in the description mentioned knights and look heavier than striders, so my guess is these will be the chaos knight equivalent and striders the marauder horse equivalent.

so, looking abck on the community page:

"But what lies between the covers of this extravagant tome? First up, we have the chosen knights of the Dark Prince – the Slickblade Seekers. Riding their Exalted Steeds of Slaanesh into the heart of battle, they sever heads and limbs with their deadly glaives.

my gut feeling is that they're going to be the slaanesh monstrous cavalry option , in the same way that khorne got skullcrushers and nurgle got lords of affliction.  I suppose tzeentch got the skyfires so all the four chaos gods are covered now.

2 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

I'd like to see this be the case. The bases look really big, but I can't tell if that's the case or the models just make it look that way. I'm happy so long as they're different than the Hellstriders, that way there's a reason they look different. Can't wait to get my hands on the Slickblades!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Enoby said:

For example, people here are arguing that this reveal was dissapointing because we knew Slaanesh was coming - I would imagine the same logic would apply for a vampire release if we had a few models revealed now and they came out 6 months later,

Depends on how they treat it.

revealing the army (no 360 degr images, so only a few close ups if at all) and then presenting them with a batrep or parts of a batrep for the following weeks (only ever showing a few more miniatures in close-ups etc.) would do WAY more for them than annoying their customers with the current way they stretch releases into oblivion.

The way they are treating their releases works for a rapid release schedule. It does not work for a streched or delayed one at all.

@Kaladreon

they Are huge

595AC2E4-1403-4D3B-A5E0-4B9456B000B2.jpeg

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Does that mean there will likely be a hero option mounted on one?

10 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I actually love the Beastmen models.

hoping here that they will be available for us beastmen players

I am suspecting that not only will they be available, but I am also guessing that when Beasts are featured in Broken Realms Slaangors will make their presence felt in terms of rules and narrative! 

My biggest hope is for Pestigors and Khornegors. I also hope that beasts will always be able to run all the marked beasts with no restrictions but other chaos armies will be limited in which ones can be allied in. I also feel like Slaves to Darkness should be able to take 1/4 beast allies but be limited by the general's mark (this would make Undivided more appealing as it could take all Beasts except the god specific ones).

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 4

So, what do you think we still haven’t seen for the Slaanesh release? 

personally I’m hoping the archers on foot are a dual kit for slickblades on foot, just like the mounted options. 
then there is the palanquin, which is probably a new special character? 
Maybe a mounted character? I’m not really counting on that.

I’m looking forward to the fluff. I’m already trying to come up with a good narrative for a new Slaanesh force. Something more akin to the warcry warbands, who worship an aspect of the chaos gods. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kramer said:

I know Skaven are man-ish like and are beast. 
but Skaven aren’t the same as beastmen. You know that right? 

Yeah but I infiltrated the beasts of chaos thread and started an army of these guys, to understand their whole thing.

so even if I’m spying on them which they hopfully don’t know, I am considered to be a beastmen player as well as a skaven player

• Haha 1