The Rumour Thread

47 minutes ago, Raviv said:

Once the Slickblade Seekers are out, do you think that the Hellstriders will go out of print?

Like everyone else, nah, these im sure in the description mentioned knights and look heavier than striders, so my guess is these will be the chaos knight equivalent and striders the marauder horse equivalent.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

Show us the whole ****** army already, we have to wait until February anyways. The drip-feeding makes me getting bored. Maybe showing the whole release so we know what‘s coming until February and then continuing with the old release schedule would refresh things. But the way they handle the Corona-delay makes me not buy anything, there‘s just no hype, quite on the contrary (imo)

GW won't do that, because they have to keep feeding the Warhammer Community with articles until the release. With their 2 week window for releases in 2021, they have no choice but stretch ridiculously what they have to maintain the Hype and allow us happy customers to go check their site everyday.

And yes, they could show everything at once. They just have no interest in doing so from a marketing's point of view. :D

I suspect beginning of 2021 will feel very long !

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Maybe it's the Christmas Bugmans XXXXXXX flowing or the Chamonite Whiskey, but I ****** love this community!!

Every time a Screaming Bell rings a Demon Prince gets their wings!

Merry Chaosmas, and I hope you have a Gargant of a year my friends! 

Lots of cool releases likely coming out in the new year and I for one am a fan of the slower release schedule. Meta chasers can have breathing room and hobbyists can focus on their projects at hand. For folks like me for whom this hobby is on the pricier side of our paycheques, it will help us save some funds... but then GW drops some truly stunning Slaanesh mortals on us... (Remember to Breathe and you have enough little plastic soldiers!)

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Scurvydog said:

On point comment for someone with Teclis as Avatar, don't want to share the spotlight? 😏

But I would like to see some Faqs as well, or at least some kind of statement of what is going on with them

I can’t find a good avalenor avatar, so i had to choose Teclos xD

43 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Every time a Screaming Bell rings a Demon Prince gets their wings!

Merry Chaosmas, and I hope you have a Gargant of a year my friends! 

Lots of cool releases likely coming out in the new year and I for one am a fan of the slower release schedule. Meta chasers can have breathing room and hobbyists can focus on their projects at hand. For folks like me for whom this hobby is on the pricier side of our paycheques, it will help us save some funds... but then GW drops some truly stunning Slaanesh mortals on us... (Remember to Breathe and you have enough little plastic soldiers!)

There may have been a Parcelbreaker under my tree mate!! As always brother love the positive vibes!!

• LOVE IT! 1

I apologize in advance if this backseat moderating, but are we really at a place where we are making balance complaints about units that we don't have any of the rules for yet?

Furthermore, I very much empathize with those of you who were hoping to see more today with the reveals. I'd have loved to have seen some of the advent rumor engines solved, or to have seen new Death models or even the full Slaanesh release. But does it really add anything constructive to the discussion to complain about what we did get? Would you rather have the old GW that didn't preview anything until a week before release? Clearly GW is managing a logistical nightmare with the COVID situation, and I very much doubt the logistics folks are the ones writing the WarCom articles, so coordinating between teams is likely another logistical challenge on top. I also find it hard to understand how people are simultaneously complaining that GW isn't previewing enough stuff and complaining that there is too much time passing between previews and releases.

As far as the advent rumor engines goes, yes it would have been slick to reveal some or all of the models today. I don't deny that. But what if those models are far enough in the future that it'd be months before they get released? Would you be happy with that? Would you have been happier if all of the rumor engine images were from the Slaanesh models previewed today? Given that we've already seen the Underworlds warband, headshots, and blurry images I doubt they would have generated the same kind of excitement and speculation that most rumor engines do.  

If a few month gap between previews and releases is too much for you, then you might be better served by checking out from the rumor scene for a while until the COVID situation stabilizes. I don't hold it against you for wanting to make your opinions known, but this thread may not be the most constructive place to do it. And it takes away from the rest of the discussion without adding much back.

OK, all that being said I think the new Slaanesh models are gorgeous. I especially love the new steeds -- they really knocked those out of the park for me. The overall aesthetic is stunning, but I do have one worry/caveat. I really hope that these units are all very elite as they are so so detailed. Lumineth models can be very time consuming to paint well, and these guys look a step (or two) above even the Lumineth. I could see painting these kits in small numbers being a real joy, but painting large numbers of them could be a very difficult hill to climb.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

19 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

Lumineth models can be very time consuming to paint well, and these guys look a step (or two) above even the Lumineth. I could see painting these kits in small numbers being a real joy, but painting large numbers of them could be a very difficult hill to climb.

If we end up seeing 2 units of 30 archers like the lumineth, it will be hard to be all that mad thinking about the torture of painting up 60 of such detailed models (if they look half decent at least) ;)

The best way to handle rumors these days as an AoS player seem to be to assume everything is a warband or some sneaky 40k trick. As a seraphon player the teasers that ended up being a Salamander character cloak and the Zoat really stung.

I am looking a bit more forward to the next broken realms though, as it seemed to be a given to be Slaanesh, but they are doing an all new tome for that soon, so that leaves this next broken realms a big question mark. Destruction are making a move for sure, but that might not be the next book, it sounds like that storyline is being set up as the climax possibly.

• Like 1

I am extremely happy with the Slaanesh stuff we saw and it redoubles my conviction that this year for me is going to be about drawing together all the little half bits of armys I already have from vs boxes / whatever in to more complete armys. That the release schedule seems to be showing down a bit probably is good for that as well.

However I do think if GW are going to slow the releases schedule down then they hype train has to slow down significantly as well, probably even moreso. I think its pretty clear people are starting to get frustrated with it and it might be that both we and GW have to accept that knowing the next 4 or 5 things that will release over the next 6 months just isnt realistic when society is still so disrupted by COVID.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

The sculpt of these models are clearly the new Meta, because why play anything else!? 😉

We joke around, but it seems that Slaanesh is getting the tools to play in every phase of the game.

The army had about average magic phase with good spells and lots of casters, but none of them exceptional.
Quite fast but no TP shenanigans.
Good in melee but not very durable.

Now we are getting shooting (with hints of MW) and durability in the form of heavy infantry, as well as some new centerpiece models that will likely give out buffs.

I do not think we will see changes that will put our magic phase on par with Seraphon or Lumineth or Tzeentch. We will also probably not get the mobility or shooting on par with Kharadron. These are quite safe assumptions. That said, I am concerned that a Slaanesh list will be able to include all these elements quite cheaply in the army, without making any tradeoffs. This is the current state with Serpahon and it is quite frustrating to play against.

I hope that I will get a well rounded army that will have a plethora of options, as long as they remain just that - OPTIONS. Meaning good internal balance where different builds are all valid (unlike current Herohammer state of Slaanesh battletome) and good external balance where I am not feeling that I can include all the tools I need to counter any kind of army I come up against (looking at you Seraphon).

Overall I am quite fearful that GW will mess it up, but on the other hand I feel like there is no way the book can be worse than what we currently have. And they are putting it out so fast after the last one, they have to be aware of the issues with it right? Right?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Golub87 said:

We joke around, but it seems that Slaanesh is getting the tools to play in every phase of the game.

The army had about average magic phase with good spells and lots of casters, but none of them exceptional.
Quite fast but no TP shenanigans.
Good in melee but not very durable.

Now we are getting shooting (with hints of MW) and durability in the form of heavy infantry, as well as some new centerpiece models that will likely give out buffs.

I do not think we will see changes that will put our magic phase on par with Seraphon or Lumineth or Tzeentch. We will also probably not get the mobility or shooting on par with Kharadron. These are quite safe assumptions. That said, I am concerned that a Slaanesh list will be able to include all these elements quite cheaply in the army, without making any tradeoffs. This is the current state with Serpahon and it is quite frustrating to play against.

I hope that I will get a well rounded army that will have a plethora of options, as long as they remain just that - OPTIONS. Meaning good internal balance where different builds are all valid (unlike current Herohammer state of Slaanesh battletome) and good external balance where I am not feeling that I can include all the tools I need to counter any kind of army I come up against (looking at you Seraphon).

Overall I am quite fearful that GW will mess it up, but on the other hand I feel like there is no way the book can be worse than what we currently have. And they are putting it out so fast after the last one, they have to be aware of the issues with it right? Right?

I understand the anxiety represented in seeing these new models.

However, the current edition is potentially coming to an end and this new book is looking forward to a potential new Edition and might be quickly buried by power creep. Even if the edition is not ending soon it seems that struggling armies are being improved in the Broken Realms campaign. There are also other balancing factors we are unfamiliar with like how taking mortal generals might effect and interact with allegiance abilities and unit choices. Going off the other Chaos armies it is doubtful that this will create any massive waves but it is still an unknown. I feel S2D Warcry Warbands look like they will fill numerous niches but in terms of practice rarely see the table top beyond Warcry itself.

However, I might simply be naive as I tend to think of armies in such terms of being on top one moment and not the next... but I also am not particularly concerned about winning considering I play Slaves to Darkness. I do think it is sometimes worth being worried seeing new units sans rules, but I believe more than anything this this is a precedent indicating the type of love and care each army will get going forward. So maybe we will get Ironjawz chariots, Fyreslayer Warmachines and Flesh Eater Court Cavalry... only time will tell.

• Like 5

@Golub87 it's always a trade-off. If you are spending points on one thing then you aren't spending points on something else. I've certainly experienced this recently with DoK, who likewise have gotten access to quality shooting for the first time recently. Adding Blood Stalkers to an army adds another dimension, but comes at a cost. Heavy stalker lists can be very strong, but they play very differently from heavy Witch Aelf/Sister of Slaughter lists. They have different strengths and weaknesses.

Certainly if the new archers (or any other new warscroll) is grossly undercosted then Slaanesh could be broken -- but the same risk will apply for any new release.

Also, even Seraphon makes trade-offs. There's no build of Seraphon that is just optimal against all opponents (at least not currently, when Salamanders were 80 points it might have been a different story!). I certainly have a couple of lists that I play that I'm very comfortable with against typical Kroak lists.

EDIT: Also just want to point out that just because a unit has heavy armor doesn't mean that it's defensively efficient. If anything I'd say that the correlation between heavy armor and "good on defense" in this game is very loose.

Edited by swarmofseals
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, swarmofseals said:

EDIT: Also just want to point out that just because a unit has heavy armor doesn't mean that it's defensively efficient. If anything I'd say that the correlation between heavy armor and "good on defense" in this game is very loose.

Oh sure, we can only comment on what it seems that we are getting.

Right now, it seems that Slaanesh is getting all kinds of tools. We shall see what those tools are made of. Any one of those new units (or old ones for that matter) can be broken good or broken unusable.

At the end of the day, to me at least, the most important thing is if the army is fun to play and fun to play against. I find that in the last battletome GW terribly missed the mark on both of those so right now I am torn between being elated at the new book and fearful of its contents. 😅

Edited by Golub87
  • Like 1

Amazing new models. It´s a bit pity because last battletome was from 2019 (may I think). I have a full painted HoS army (about 3k+scenery) and about another 3k waiting for it turn (and also I wanted to buy another pair of KoS and some old slaneesh hero for fun), but now is like I have nothing because this release is like another full army. 

So, the good point of the covid is that I can wait until I start working on this new models and playing it because we´re going to have such a few games. I can focus on another projects and wait for the vampires, and maybe with 3.0. we will see the true power of this slaanesh mortals (because I don´t want to prepare a tournament list for nothing). For collection, well, all the units are f***** amazing.