The Rumour Thread

Those new Riders are absolutely phenomenal!! The steeds look gorgeous. 

I'd love to see those archers on normal horses for some Araby conversions

A bit disappointed of course there's no vampires, but I think none of the advent calander was revealed, which means more surprises to come!! 

Also just noticed that big awesome looking throne thing on the battletome cover!!!! You think that's the big model we haven't seen? Boi if it looks anything like that! 

• Like 4

The riders are incredible. As big a jump between the helstriders/daemonettes and them as between the demigryph knights and the gryph-chargers. Dynamic and incredible detail.

Sad there’s no vampires but oh well, these models are great and there’s no point getting too fussed on xmas.

• Like 2

Wow, everything looks utterly fantastic. 

Lelith Hesperax  is amazing and can proxy well into AOS. I can see her being used in a number of Aelf factions and she could easily work for Slaves to Darkness, Khorne and Slaanesh. All around a great model! (I also have a sincere soft spot for Sisters of Battle).

I am of course bowled over by the amazing Slaanesh reveals. I think mounted Slaaneshi archers are the Chaos ranged unit I have always wanted but never realized. I really hope that the Slaangor were designed and power crept in such a manner to give BoC a useful new tool! 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 4

On 12/23/2020 at 4:30 PM, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It's going to be a win/win situation for me in any case, since if it's not Slaanesh I get new Death models to be excited about, and if it is Slaanesh I get the smug satisfaction of having been right with my dumb predictions 😎

Engaging smugness routines.

Although a Slaanesh reveal was really the most probable outcome for this preview. The models look great, though, I really like the new, distinct aesthetic for Slaanesh.

• Like 2

Nice for Slaanesh players, but I had expected a bit more for a christmas reveal to actually reveal something new, we all already knew about these units coming. Also GW having no follow up on the 24 sneak peaks in the calendar should have been expected, but somehow I still keep hope they do something the right way someday, it just ended the 24th with a hand on a stick and then nothing? At least show 1 single entirely new and unexpected model :s

1 minute ago, Still-young said:

They’ll probably do a new year reveal too. They had an open day last year, I could see them doing a stream or something. 

Yeah, makes sense. I have to say, I'm really happy with the models, the amount of skin on the Blissbarb archers made me raise my eyebrow in a good way. Also, I can sense my wallet weeping. 

Happy holidays everybody🙂

Man what a strange release..

Those Slaanesh models are truely awesome and I can’t wait to build a warband out of those. However it is really weird to me that they didn’t release any of the adventcalender pics. Was seriously expecting to be (even just a tad) closer to see if Deadwalkers Soulblight or anything like that will be released down the road.

Odd descision.

• Like 2

It was to be expected, they have no reason to show new Death models so soon when they still didn't show the other Slaanesh miniatures. They'll have to handle the two weeks of Warhammer Community between releases in 2021 with something, after all.

It's funny to see how people still try to overhype themselves when there is really no point. 😄

Still, GW really nailed it with the new Slaanesh miniatures. And yes, there are more coming, though I won't hold my breath here. I'm pretty much sure it's just a couple of other heroes / monsters. Love that oriental / arabian design, it's surprisingly suiting Slaanesh very well. The new steeds are very dynamic, they totally bury the previous hellstriders.

I expected it was a new Hedonite of Slaanesh battletome - first, because the mortals of Slaanesh were always labelled as such in the Warcry Chaos Battletome and in the Warhammer Community previous previews, second because GW said it was a new battletome that will be announced today and third because mortals and demons are put together in Chaos Battletomes nowadays. Since GW's previews are always tied to their Warhammer Community's flux of news and they never go too far in the future especially with the pandemic around, it was to be expected that it would be the new Slaanesh book. And the number of releases is way too big for a single Broken Realm book (that would mean almost all the rules would be devoted to Slaanesh - at this point, it makes more sense to release a new battletome entirely).

Edited by Sarouan
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, dekay said:

Pretty models aside, is the previous Hedonite battletome the shortest lived army book in the entirety of WFB/AoS/40k history, or has there ever been something updated even sooner?

Khorne got something like 3 Battletomes between launch and 2.0 though one or two of them were very bare-bones battletomes. That said even though its a very short lived tome I think most Hedonite players will welcome it. It's near enough doubling the army model variety count so its a huge addition and its right in the troops section which was basically untouched last time. This gives Slaanesh a big roster of heroes and a big roster of cavalry and infantry. About the only things missing are some big (not keeper) beasties and artillery. 

• Like 6