The Rumour Thread

43 minutes ago, Enoby said:

. Of course, Warcry would have spoiled the existence of some units, but they'd have no reason to show Sigvald (who's not in Warcry) if they weren't planning on releasing him for a year later. 

Marketing is a good reason. 

Showing sigvald builds way more hype, rather than that little icon photo's article. 

7 minutes ago, Kramer said:

haha tell me how you the rules GW play by then ;) 

IMO: They only showed the units because they had to as they were in the GA Chaos book for warcry. That's why we got the little round pictures of them (as they are shown in the warcry 'warscrolls'). Not the full model pictures.

I wouldn't be surprised that if they didn't have to do that, they also would not have yet shown Sigvald. Because introducing a new faction with only those little icons would be bad marketing. Rather get the hype going with a full centrepiece instead of the whole range except the centrepiece. 

If they were that far out, they just wouldn’t have included them in the Warcry book. 

Why would Slaanesh be in the Warcry book, but not Death or Shadow Aelves, if they were coming before Slaanesh?

Edited by Still-young
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Showing sigvald builds way more hype, rather than that little icon photo's article. 

True, I think first reveal of new mortal was building hype and possible increasing sales on Direchasm aswell which was released not so long after that.

5 minutes ago, Kramer said:

That is true - and could explain it, but here's another question: if another faction is to come out before Slaanesh, why aren't their units in the new Warcry book?  I'm assuming the Slaanesh models were included for the same reason SoB were in the GHB - the release was so close (or even meant to be before the GHB release). I would assume that any faction meant to be released before Slaanesh would have also been included in Warcry 

• Like 2

I'm expecting a Death reveal/tease of some kind based on the Advent Calenders, but not tied to the battletome in February (which I'm pretty certain will be Slaanesh 2.0) as well as the rest of the Slaanesh range and hopefully a sprinkling of 40k (Lelith Hesperax!) 

Also, it's Christmas Day down under, so Merry Christmas everyone 😀

• Like 1

Merry Christmas everyone, only few hours left. I personally think there’s 0 chance tomorrow they are showing anything more than a teaser for Death. Next battletome has to be Slaanesh as everything seems to point at it: January coin is Slaanesh and we know they represent the biggest product coming that month, they have been teased for a while now, they are in the Warcry book that contains almost every existing miniature reasonable in a skirmish game including old resin models, but nothing new except Slaanesh mortals, and finally we know the closest thing to death is a warband coming in March and most of the time the warband heralds the army, like Mollog did with Gitz, Direchasm with Slaanesh, etc. Not sure we have ever seen the opposite...

Merry Christmas to all 

9 hours ago, Enoby said:

That is true - and could explain it, but here's another question: if another faction is to come out before Slaanesh, why aren't their units in the new Warcry book?  I'm assuming the Slaanesh models were included for the same reason SoB were in the GHB - the release was so close (or even meant to be before the GHB release). I would assume that any faction meant to be released before Slaanesh would have also been included in Warcry 

9 hours ago, Still-young said:

If they were that far out, they just wouldn’t have included them in the Warcry book. 

Why would Slaanesh be in the Warcry book, but not Death or Shadow Aelves, if they were coming before Slaanesh?

Because due to lead time we’re still not getting into releases developed in COVID times. So who knows what happened to the original plan. 

usually, from memory at least, campaign books are released during summer. Wouldn’t surprise me if we were supposed to be a two books in by now. 

But you might be right. It’s a better argument, than that’s how it works at least ;) 

• Thanks 1

While I'm not writing new slaanesh btome out, it kinda feels a waste to build all this hype just for that. My point being that if they wanted to show off slaanesh btome, they should've revealed it when those models were shown. Now it would almost feel kinda anticlimatic "hey look at these rumour engine pics that are clearly showing off some vampires and ooh what is this mysterious new btome aaaaand... oh it's slaanesh". Personally, I'd be happier if slaanesh release was broken realms side release and the next btome was this mysterious new death faction.

• Like 5

What a haul Sir 😍

Amazing Acro, I don't know if my eyesight has gotten worse or I'm just too used to it but I can't paint without a magnifying glass now, they're absolutely amazing! 

Preview hype train! Extra prezzies from GW. Hope it's an automatic post, happy to wait whenever if some kind staff member has got to do the update manually or something. 

That was... extremely disappointing.

A 40k model we'd already seen, another one we'd already glimpsed most of and a boxset of existing models.

Hedonites we already knew were coming and had seen glimpses of in War Cry.

None of the Advent Calendar was revealed.

The one time I let myself get hyped for a GW reveal and, of course, it's a letdown. Sad! Well I'm happy for the Slaanesh players at least.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2