The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Might've had to do with the War Cry book already 'spoiling' that Mortals were coming. GW like to be quick on the draw when leaks are out in the wild.

I just don't see them doing a month's worth of Advent Calendars and then "surprise, we're not showing any of this off!"

I’m with you.

At this point, making a video (another one) for slaneesh is pretty redundant, and the hype cycle is more than finished, with all models spoiled.

It has to be connected with advent calendar.

• Like 2

Battletome is  most likely for Slaanesh Mortals as it is surely too big a range to fit into a Broken Realms book with all the other lore and stuff.

I’d also wager the reason no one can settle on what all these Death rumour engines are is because they aren’t from one faction. The theory that seems to be picking up speed is that it’s all for the next Warhammer Quest, and that it will lead to a Legions of Nagash revamp, Soulblight included. 

Yet the Slaanesh Mortals aren't fully revealed yet (a few small pictures centered on their heads isn't enough).

They won't reveal something else while the first reveal (aka Slaanesh) is still going. 

BUT we could see more than one reveal ! I hope we see models for Warcry and Underworld alongside AOS, for example. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m hoping to see more of the Slaanesh range and expect the februari battletome to be for them. That’s perfect as it leaves time to finish some projects and to persuade my significant other I really need more models. 

however I think will get some glimpses of other things to come. It would make sense that the advent calendar ends with most of the images being revealed. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ragest said:

I’m with you.

At this point, making a video (another one) for slaneesh is pretty redundant, and the hype cycle is more than finished, with all models spoiled.

It has to be connected with advent calendar.

I would be more inclined to agree if there were two battletomes coming out - but with only one and no Broken Realms on the horizon, when would the massive Slaanesh release they've been teasing come out? If they had a Broken Realms book, why didn't they mention it in the 'what's to come', and we know something is coming for Slaanesh in Jan/Feb time due to the coin.

With that coin, that leaves us with four options:

1 - there's an unrevealed Broken Realms and Slaanesh will get a release with that in February (or at the very very end of January as we know Deathguard are mid/early Jan), and there will be two massive AoS releases next to one another in Feb

2 - the battletome is Slaanesh, and was meant to come out in January with the coin, in the same way Deathguard was meant to come out in December with its coin 

3 - they made a Slaanesh coin for no reason and it has no link to the Slaanesh release we know is coming, and this comes much later

4 - like 1, but Slaanesh doesn't get a book of any sort despite doubling its range

Personally, no. 2 seems the most likely  and no. 3 the least. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Might've had to do with the War Cry book already 'spoiling' that Mortals were coming. GW like to be quick on the draw when leaks are out in the wild.

I just don't see them doing a month's worth of Advent Calendars and then "surprise, we're not showing any of this off!"

Broken Realms being touted as updates to existing armies also makes me think that's where Slaanesh's new stuff will land. Games Workshop would rather sell you two books (existing Hedonites BT + Broken Realms) than one after all.

The Warcry book was hardly a leak. The Warcry book was released by GW. 

I don’t think anyone is saying that Slaanesh is the only thing they’re gonna show on Christmas either. Just that that’s likely what the book is referring to. I don’t see there being a new army sized Slaanesh update and a brand new death battletome coming out so close, and if this Death release (if it exists in AoS proper) was coming before Slaanesh, they would have shown it first. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SilentSentinel said:

Well in the end i'm keen for both Slaanesh and Vampires, i'll be somewhat disappointed if the vamp stuff is just for a side game. Got nothing against them but it's disheartening to see something you hoped for be relegated to underworlds.

*Cries in seraphon*

Also, a wild guess - what if the main AoS release was full Slaneesh release, but then, at the very end of the preview they showed off the model that was teased on the johann image, or just anything from the supposed death range. Like, even without any commentary, just show off another sillhouette with some scary music and a big 'rising from the grave this spring' text at the end. Idk, just think it's a possibility

Imo it’d be quite boring if the announcement on the 24th would be Slaanesh.  We‘ve seen quite some models already and „surprising“ everyone with more Slaanesh is hardly a surprise, no matter how cool the models might be.

I‘d prefer they showed the new Slaanesh models AND another entirely new army.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 10

9 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Imo it’d be quite boring if the announcement on the 24th would be Slaanesh.  We‘ve seen quite some models already and „surprising“ everyone with more Slaanesh is hardly a surprise, no matter how cool the models might be.

There's also the New Years Day Preview no doubt coming up.

My guess is Christmas will be the Advent Calendar stuff and the rest of the Slaanesh range on New Years Day.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

I don't know about others but the extremely long preview periods we've seen this year are really pretty annoying.

It's already been a month since we saw the initial preview, if we get a pre-order first week of Feb, thats like 2.5 months between the confirmation that this is a thing and actually being able to buy the thing. It's too long, I'm bored now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

All this speculating about if its slannesh or vamps and the battletome will be something cometely different and new no one saw coming 😂😂

Got to hand it to GW, they have been a constant good thing in this crappy year, even with a few hiccups. 

The shows the WarCom team have put on daily on twich are great inspiration along with fairly regular previews and good quality products. 

We are part of a great community and I look forward to seeing whats coming on Xmas day! 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

All this speculating about if its slannesh or vamps and the battletome will be something cometely different and new no one saw coming 😂😂

Got to hand it to GW, they have been a constant good thing in this crappy year, even with a few hiccups. 

The shows the WarCom team have put on daily on twich are great inspiration along with fairly regular previews and good quality products. 

We are part of a great community and I look forward to seeing whats coming on Xmas day! 

12 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Zoat Pirates.

Sons of Behemat Battletome 2.0. They release them in reverse this time to shake up the Meta and release the Vampiric Mega Gargant, Crushula!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, SilentSentinel said:

Well in the end i'm keen for both Slaanesh and Vampires, i'll be somewhat disappointed if the vamp stuff is just for a side game.

Critters and Keys is more than a side game it is GW's new flagship! 

Although I am swayed by the Slaanesh arguments: I still think that we are getting something death related at some point in the near future. Even if the vampire rumour engine pics are more closely tied to Underworlds or some other smaller game system. I owe this to the strange one off zombie teaser we got earlier. I feel that was to provide hype for an upcoming death release:

xo9g1MduhNIUlscw.jpg

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Yep. Another short story about the WAAAGH Gordrakk going to Excelsis. 

The Troggoth and (recent) Spiderfangs Tome Celestials in WD also teased that.

Now the next Broken Realms book could be Teclis, Slaanesh or Gordrakk. 

Hope we see this huge battering ram on model form !

1795493560_SiegeOfExcelsisI.jpg.9a5ce850851ed402e825d8c98924e7ac.jpg

6 hours ago, michu said:

funeral march plays for Excelsis

I so hope Broken Realms Gordrakk is next!! Though I think itll be saved for last to bleed into 3.0.

• LOVE IT! 2