The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Jaskier said:

Friendly reminder; Death Guard were supposed to release this month, and the coin for December is Death Guard. The January coin is for Hedonites. 

It's a new Slaanesh battletome. 

Daughters of Khaine had a coin but no new battletome.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jaskier said:

Friendly reminder; Death Guard were supposed to release this month, and the coin for December is Death Guard. The January coin is for Hedonites. 

It's a new Slaanesh battletome. 

November was Daughters of Khaine and they got a Broken Realms book and not a battletome. Slaanesh was certainly planned for January but we're still only assuming it's their army book

Ninja'd by Clan's Cynic

Edited by Elazar The Glorified

Lets be fair and state that there is a fairly good chance that it is likely either Slaanesh or a new Death tome releasing. As we have a lot of supporting evidence for both. I think beyond that it is really just speculation as we cannot be confident as to GW's approach regarding Broken Realms and new Tomes. It could of course be something completely different but there is less evidence for something else. Personally, I am leaning towards a new death book as I share the feeling that we will likely get the Slaanesh release tied into an upcoming Broken Realms book. But I can also state that the inverse could be equally true and the Death models might tie into a Broken Realms book (although, I lean more towards Slaanesh for obvious narrative reasons).

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Elazar The Glorified said:

Realms book and not a battletome. Slaanesh was certainly planned for January but we're still only assuming it's their army book

Sounds like a stupid idea to give an army a new battletome, after they already got one, not even to long ago.

I’m guessing, that this will be something new.

maybe not vampirates or Pi-rats in particularly but considering the rumours, it might be something for sou

lblught or vampires.

ps: as for Slaanesh, I’m very much likely going to guess that the models will be followed by a broken realms update with maybe new rules following this mortals and hopefully what will be another sigvald stomped to death by either a Troggoth (named throgg) or a doomrocket.

• Confused 1

I'm just going to say this bluntly, where would Death fit in the delayed release cycle when the first-pre orders are jan 16th and it's going to be every two weeks? They showed deathguard, which is pretty evident that it's the jan 16th pre-order, they've been building towards Slaanesh. It's part of the advent as well, same with the death teases. Everything has been pushed back. Death is most likely going to be late feb, leading into march, let's not also forget the 40k releases that were also delayed as well. And again, pre-orders are now every two weeks. 

For Warhammer Age of Sigmar fans, you’ll see the next new battletome (and a bunch of incredible minis) drop in February. Trust us, this one’s a doozy – we’ll even give you a sneak peek on Christmas day!*

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, shinros said:

Because they have a battletome that is not built around a single hero expensive hero. The current Slaanesh tome is a stop-gap daemon book. 

Well the summoning has been toned down, but that doesn’t mean your armybook is useless.

It got a ton of stuff.

your horde and other units will happily put out a ton of attacks through their special don’t know the name rule of gaining more hits.

As for artifacts and command-traits, i sadly know nothing and well non Daemon units could really use some kind of rule that could make them a bit more special the  their grand allegiance chaos counterpart 

15 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I disagree. The Slaanesh stuff will most likely be put into Broken Realms 2. Remember that the Mechanicus in 40k had a decent sized release (the helicopter, the Higgins boat, the cavalry, etc) with rules in Psychic Awakening. Even by GW's very weird definition of "MASSIVE BIG HUGE REVEAL DON'T MISS IT!!!" an updated Hedonites tome is so obvious at some point I don't think it's the Christmas reveal.

Incidentally, Mechanicus still hasn't had their updated Battletome with the stuff from Engine War in it, so it's definitely not a rule anymore that new models = new codex/battletome. I'd not be surprised if we didn't see a new Hedonites battletome until shortly into 3.0.

Also, Advent Calendars are for counting down to the big day, usually with a larger piece of chocolate on the 24th/25th. Only a couple of the Rumour Engines could really fit with Slaanesh and even that's a stretch, plus they've already teased the 'zombie' silhouette separate from Rumour Engines.

It's going to be a win/win situation for me in any case, since if it's not Slaanesh I get new Death models to be excited about, and if it is Slaanesh I get the smug satisfaction of having been right with my dumb predictions 😎

• Haha 4

Just now, Skreech Verminking said:

Well the summoning has been toned down, but that doesn’t mean your armybook is useless.

It got a ton of stuff.

your horde and other units will happily put out a ton of attacks through their special don’t know the name rule of gaining more hits.

As for artifacts and command-traits, i sadly know nothing and well non Daemon units could really use some kind of rule that could make them a bit more special the  their grand allegiance chaos counterpart 

It's still a badly built book, based around only daemons. 

• Like 1

As @shinros has said, I'm not sure if Death has a place in the release schedule between January and February. That's not to say they couldn't surprise us, but more it would be weird based on the following:

- there is no talk of a Broken Realms book. If there was a Broken Realms book, surely they would have mentioned it in the delayed releases

- under the assumption that there is no Broken Realms book coming up, then the next chance Slaanesh has of getting an update is this next battletome

- Slaanesh is nearly doubling its range, and it would make no sense for this to happen without a Broken Realms book or a battletome (I don't think there has been a release of this size without some book (battletome or not) attached)

- thus, we can assume Slaanesh's new models will be released with a book

- if there is no Broken Realms coming out (which we can assume not as it was not mentioned in the upcoming releases), the next book available opportunity for Slaanesh to get its release is that battletome

- they have shown most of Slaanesh's models already. If it was not the next release, why show them at all? Surely releasing a hyped up Death faction would only detract from the hype Slaanesh has? And equally, if Death was coming sooner than Slaanesh, why show Slaanesh models over Death models first? It would be like hyping up the previous Gloomspite release on Christmas only to have a big Khorne release between the models being revealed and the release

- Death models have kind of been teased, but far from confirmed (besides Underworlds) - a lot of the rumour engines could be different things other than Death

That's not to say that it can't be Death, just that it would logically be very strange.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Tell that to a beasts of chaos player.

While BoC is also badly built, Slaanesh has a lot of other issues. It's not that it's weak, per say, more that it's monobuild and the rules seem to have been written deliberately to make you take max keepers (as in, they have a better spell list and allegiance ability, and the Fane). If the new models came out with the old book, they wouldn't really fit in rules-wise - again, not because it's weak, but because the rules have been written with a single unit in mind. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Daughters of Khaine had a coin but no new battletome.

Let me clarify; 

1) We know Slaanesh are getting a minimum 6 (but looks to be 7+) new kits, many of which haven't been properly previewed but already teased. 

2) Slaanesh is the AoS faction they are currently hyping. No other faction has had any pre-release hype yet, so either Slaanesh are next or the new battletome is a quick one before the big Slaanesh drop. 

3) The Death Guard got a coin and are getting a new codex. Daughters had a single character model as part of their release. Slaanesh are, again, getting a minimum of 6 brand new kits. 

4) There's been no indication of what other AoS releases there might be besides this new battletome and Slaanesh, and we know there's other Slaanesh stuff yet to be shown off. 

Of all the possibilities, Slaanesh is the most likely. My earlier post was just to add to the other evidence being thrown around. 

Edited by Jaskier
  • Like 3

Look, they could tease new death during the christmas reveal, but Deathguard were meant to come out december. Heck, I think earlier than that due to covid. But again due to the issues surrounding the world they were pushed to jan. 

Considering the next hyped thing after deathguard was Slaanesh, it's pretty clear they were next. We even haven't seen the whole range properly. Knowing GW slaanesh is most likely the big christmas shebang along with teases to the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Enoby said:

- Death models have kind of been teased, but far from confirmed (besides Underworlds) - a lot of the rumour engines could be different things other than Death

That's not to say that it can't be Death, just that it would logically be very strange.

Warhammer quest please hahahha

As I mentioned several times, in the end all these death things will be just warcry bands

jvo1y7t2igu51.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s=e9915c7cf3b9c4e53a013d5650f144fbc8d31d60

Probably unrelated but on the FB Post, someone commented stating they're expecting Hedonites in Feb and Warhammer TV 'liked' the message. 

There is nothing im hoping more for than a new Death/Vampire faction, but it may be best to temper expectations, we could literally just get this Warband and nothing else. 

Damn am I itching now though. I've been binging Shadowlands Venthyr and Demon's Soul non stop and I am desperate to make a Soulblight army with lots of minions and have the heroes converted and feel like some boss encounter. Can't wait to see new Vamps! 

Speaking of facebook, GW said this about the rumour engine:

Just two more to go! Are you excited to see what's been behind the curtain all this time? Here's another sneak-peek fresh from the Rumour Engine... What could it be?

Does this mean they will show it on Friday?

• Like 1

I’m pretty sure slaanesh is going to get a new battletome but we won’t see it until January or February now they are doing two weeks between releases.  That’s ok as that’s better than it was ten years ago when it was maybe once a month.  
as for broken realms in pretty sure it’s gonna be broken realms gordrakk based on the two short stories they sent out with the savage orruks and now the gargant one.

If Slaanesh isn't the next AoS release, why'd they show them off first and not whatever other faction would be getting that battletome in February, especially considering we know Slaanesh were originally due in January? 

Edited by Jaskier
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Well in the end i'm keen for both Slaanesh and Vampires, i'll be somewhat disappointed if the vamp stuff is just for a side game. Got nothing against them but it's disheartening to see something you hoped for be relegated to underworlds. That being said i can't complain too much since i was also really keen for a proper Slaanesh release so i'm at least getting one of the two things i've been hoping for recently.

Though i do find it odd that they teased what was possibly something to do with the possible death/vampire release on Halloween only to reveal a completely different release a few weeks later.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jaskier said:

If Slaanesh isn't the next AoS release, why'd they show them off first and not whatever other faction would be getting that battletome in February, especially considering we know Slaanesh were originally due in January? 

Might've had to do with the War Cry book already 'spoiling' that Mortals were coming. GW like to be quick on the draw when leaks are out in the wild.

I just don't see them doing a month's worth of Advent Calendars and then "surprise, we're not showing any of this off!"

Broken Realms being touted as updates to existing armies also makes me think that's where Slaanesh's new stuff will land. Games Workshop would rather sell you two books (existing Hedonites BT + Broken Realms) than one after all.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1