The Rumour Thread

Could be an actual new Fell Bat, could be an AoS spiritual successor to Fell Bats, could be a vampiric familiar, could be a beast mode vampire though it's maybe a little on the small side for that. The pose is rather odd, hard to figure out the exact anatomy from it, but it does presage Soulblight.

I feel at this stage there's probably enough rumour engine pics and other stuff to suggest an updated LoN/combined vampires + lesser undead AoS army as well as 3-4 fighters for a WHU warband.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

Could be an actual new Fell Bat, could be an AoS spiritual successor to Fell Bats, could be a vampiric familiar, could be a beast mode vampire though it's maybe a little on the small side for that. The pose is rather odd, hard to figure out the exact anatomy from it, but it does presage Soulblight.

I feel at this stage there's probably enough rumour engine pics and other stuff to suggest an updated LoN/combined vampires + lesser undead AoS army as well as 3-4 fighters for a WHU warband.

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

ndwCD0COwQVDevNX.png

A bat maybe? A gargoyle?

At this point it's almost a guarantee!! It could be a bigger launch than Gloomspite, I'm so hyped for the Christmas Reveal!!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, novakai said:

Part of the Seraphon warband?

it looks reptilian?

I wouldn't rule it out but the bases in underworld warbands tend to be pretty homogenous and the Chameleon Skink is on a small tree whereas this is on a piece of stonework, that looks at least at upon first blush, similar to the bestial leg, rat, and crow. However, considering how little we are seeing of this model it is possible that there is some sort of tree incorporated that we cannot currently see. 

We are getting something death related by the looks of things the question is what exactly is the release? I feel that it looks like a traditional remake of Legions of Nagash/Vampire Counts as we have hints of Vampires, Bats, Werewolves and possibly Zombies. I have seen next to nothing indicating Pirate/Nautical theme. And I am still not confident that the blades belong to Vampires and could easily be related to the Slaanesh release, Free guild, 4Ok or something else entirely. They are simply too generic and until the dagger with the skull I could have easily imagined them being LOTR related.

I mean isn't it confirmed we are getting some death warbands for underworlds? Maybe that is part of the confusion particularly as scenic bases seem to be a huge part of that range of models. So I am in a fun place where I have specific hopes for a truly Baroque return of the Vampires of old, whereas others want Vampirates... but the truth may be stranger yet... no matter the case it is fun speculating and come the reveal I will be sad that I can't speculate further. But will return to hyping up Malerion with every rumour engine...

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I wouldn't rule it out but the bases in underworld warbands tend to be pretty homogenous and the Chameleon Skink is on a small tree whereas this is on a piece of stonework, that looks at least at upon first blush, similar to the bestial leg, rat, and crow. However, considering how little we are seeing of this model it is possible that there is some sort of tree incorporated that we cannot currently see. 

We are getting something death related by the looks of things the question is what exactly is the release? I feel that it looks like a traditional remake of Legions of Nagash/Vampire Counts as we have hints of Vampires, Bats, Werewolves and possibly Zombies. I have seen next to nothing indicating Pirate/Nautical theme. And I am still not confident that the blades belong to Vampires and could easily be related to the Slaanesh release, Free guild, 4Ok or something else entirely. They are simply too generic and until the dagger with the skull I could have easily imagined them being LOTR related.

I mean isn't it confirmed we are getting some death warbands for underworlds? Maybe that is part of the confusion particularly as scenic bases seem to be a huge part of that range of models. So I am in a fun place where I have specific hopes for a truly Baroque return of the Vampires of old, whereas others want Vampirates... but the truth may be stranger yet... no matter the case it is fun speculating and come the reveal I will be sad that it isn't an army of Witchhunters and their prey sharing different builds from the same boxes. 

I truly hope we get a classic Baroque Vampire army as opposed to Vampirates. Or perhaps there will be defined Sub Factions and Vampirates are one of those? Meaning that another Sub Faction could be Undead beasts and we can have an entire Werewolf/monster army!!

Seeing as we have a Frankenstein ish monster for BLOOD bowl maybe we can get another Flesh Construct for these guys? Especially if the new Deadwalkers are in fact mixed with parts. 

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Well, that looks like its another creature for Critters and Keys, albeit they've been sneaky and not shown us the key this time. I intend to resolutely believe that that game exists, and that we'll all be playing it in a year or so's time!

I would love the sneak peaks to be a set of adventurer models for Soulbound, but that would require GW actually supporting a licensed product line so...

Probably just new vampires. (Or I don't know, really rapier obsessed space marines?)

• LOVE IT! 1

39 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

Well, that looks like its another creature for Critters and Keys, albeit they've been sneaky and not shown us the key this time. I intend to resolutely believe that that game exists, and that we'll all be playing it in a year or so's time!

I would love the sneak peaks to be a set of adventurer models for Soulbound, but that would require GW actually supporting a licensed product line so...

Probably just new vampires. (Or I don't know, really rapier obsessed space marines?)

I feel like we need to create a Critters and Keys sub-forum and if it isn't released we can create a petition to get Critters and Keys to become the new Mordheim! 

I also feel like these recent rumour engines are proving my ignorance of 40k as literally every medieval and fantastical weapon is somehow has more evidence as being part of that game system than AoS. I would not be surprised if it gets revealed that all of AoS has actually been a Space Marine chapter the whole time.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I wouldn't rule it out but the bases in underworld warbands tend to be pretty homogenous and the Chameleon Skink is on a small tree whereas this is on a piece of stonework, that looks at least at upon first blush, similar to the bestial leg, rat, and crow. 

The other skink was on stone though

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I feel like we need to create a Critters and Keys sub-forum and if it isn't released we can create a petition to get Critters and Keys to become the new Mordheim! 

I also feel like these recent rumour engines are proving my ignorance of 40k as literally every medieval and fantastical weapon is somehow has more evidence as being part of that game system than AoS. I would not be surprised if it gets revealed that all of AoS has actually been a Space Marine chapter the whole time.

I'd be up for making homebrew critters and keys rules in the (unlikely surely...) event it doesnt turn out to be a real thing!

• LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

this isn't necessarily your fault, as GW's Imperium leans heavily into baroque/gothic and medieval aesthetics--which is very close to the Empire/Free Cities aesthetic

• Thanks 1

I think I've posted something like this before, but on the subject of vampirates, I think the best shot they have is a Soulblight book replacing LoN with the old Wraithfleet allegiance getting included with updated rules. The actual pirate-yness would be left up to the converters. This is almost exactly what happened with Cities of Sigmar, and the city rules from Firestorm, which is where (iirc) the Wraithfleet comes from

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1