The Rumour Thread

That model of the year award is a joke until the split AoS and 40k. It would be like asking for "story of the year" and put movies and books into the pot, sure some books might have the best stories, but a movie would still win. Same with combining 40k and AoS, just so so so many more 40k players and primarchs winning every year.

• Like 14

26 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

That model of the year award is a joke until the split AoS and 40k. It would be like asking for "story of the year" and put movies and books into the pot, sure some books might have the best stories, but a movie would still win. Same with combining 40k and AoS, just so so so many more 40k players and primarchs winning every year.

Yeah, I will confess it hurt seeing Morathi lose to a meme-marine (as much as I do love the Noise Marine). I also think that our votes might get a little more split as it makes sense voting for a cool demonic Primarch when the other half of all 40k releases seem to be various different takes on Space Marines. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

On 12/20/2020 at 10:44 AM, michu said:

FEC or SoB (40k)?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/NOKyMg7KtwsGQ8MZ.png

nah this IMMEDIATELY reminded me of Sienna's shoulderpiece thing from Vermintide 2... it could definitely be Cities. I really REALLY hate how so many of these rumors are perfectly viable as either AOS Cities or 40k Inquis/Ecclesiarchy. 40k doesn't need more Imperium models.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Scurvydog said:

Yup, that's why I'm not all that bothered about the vote really. It's pointless until they split it.

I voted for the C'tan Shard of the Void Dragon, but I also agree they should have split the voting for AoS and 40k. My AoS-specific pick (and runner-up overall) would be the Light of Eltharion. 

On-topic, I can't wait to see more Slaanesh, hopefully on Christmas! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Subscriber

As others have said would be good to split it to 40k adjacent and AoS adjacent.

For big center pieces, it's got to be between the Mega Gargant or the Void Dragon C'Tan, but I also really like the Wormspat Underworlds warband, they were so much fun to paint. 

• Like 1

I very much agree 40k and AoS should be judged separately, popularity difference makes lit almost impossible for AoS model to ever win. But for now I voted Triumph of Saint Katherine, both for being a great diorama, a part of the best old model line refresh in recent years, composed of great models individually and a source of material for some of the best AoS converted armies i've ever seen. No contest here. :D

Also:

8 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

Looks like Sienna's shoulderpiece

https://assets1.ignimgs.com/thumbs/userUploaded/2015/10/20/36190303warhammerendtimes-vermintidebrightwizardtrailerign-1445350052443_1280w.jpg

It kinda does, and now I'm concerned that what we thought were new AoS human previews will be some limited commemorative Vermintide hero set with no purpose. That would hurt a lot.

• Sad 1

I've gone for the Formoroid Crusher.  Just something I really like about that model (and have one to paint up at some point too)

2 minutes ago, Aleser said:

Anyone found at what time we will have preview at Christmas day?

If it's like other years it'll be somewhen between 9.30am and 10.00am (UK time).  It'll be a pre-recorded video & WarCom article rather than Twitch.

• Like 3

I went for the Ogroid Myrmidon, absolutely gorgeous sculpt. 

Had another thought about the rumour engines, as we seem to have a dualist and a witch hunter maybe it is a warhammer quest as they were both adventurers in the old one. 

If they do something like Blackstone fortress and we get lots of adventurers, based on the old stuff we could get 

Barbarian, wizard, aelf, dwarf, witch hunter, dualist, fyreslayer, warrior priest, questing knight, chaos warrior, aelf ranger, pit fighter, wardancer. 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

25 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Had another thought about the rumour engines, as we seem to have a dualist and a witch hunter maybe it is a warhammer quest as they were both adventurers in the old one. 

If they do something like Blackstone fortress and we get lots of adventurers, based on the old stuff we could get 

Barbarian, wizard, aelf, dwarf, witch hunter, dualist, fyreslayer, warrior priest, questing knight, chaos warrior, aelf ranger, pit fighter, wardancer. 

Yeah I'd love that especially If they did it with AoS factions -like a Kharadron adventurer [not just a thunderer etc..], a Kurnothi Blade dancer [wardancer] etc.. [explore unique characters for the factions/sub factions]. 

For the vote I went for Bugmansson, cracking model but I agree with a lot of the other options folk went with - the Zoat was tempting as was the Formoroid Crusher, there have been a lot if brilliant models this year.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Glad I wasn't the only one. It's the right amount of detail, height, non-fiddly/easily-breakable bits and having a cool pose without leaping one-footed off a rock. 

It'll come nowhere near winning by virtue of not being a 40k model or as 'glamorous' a centrepiece, but hey.

I do think Jakkob Bugmansson might be in with a decent shot though, being a recent model, one I've heard nothing but good things about and  one-off, 'fun' promotional models also tend to do well popularity wise regardless of army/system - if any AoS model is in with a shot of winning it'd be him I think. 

My predictions are it'll be the Void Dragon, Ghazghkull or Bladeguard though.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 5

Some models feel like they weren't included there.... anyways, I don't even play Necrons or WHQ: Blackstone Fortress but my favorites were the Swindle Drone and Void Dragon... voted for the Void Dragon in the end. Both very cool minis IMO.

AoS-wise it's been a rather unremarkable year for me personally as none of my favorite factions got much (if anything) but my favorites have got to be the Light of Eltharion, the Wurmspat (I love the guy with the spear, even if I shouldn't) and the Mindstealer Sphiranx. The new Warcry bands are also lovely models.