The Rumour Thread

50 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Yeah Cowlords replace normie high elves.

They didn't replace normie High Elves, they added to normie High Elves.  Other Normie High Elves are on the way with Swordmasters.  Taking something to eleven doesn't automatically replace one to ten.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Witchfinders are notably absent from the game at the moment. Given how prominant they are in the lore and background, its slightly surprising that they didn't even leave them a single model.

Clearly the model development is quite decoupled from the lore, particularly where black library is concerned. However, it does seem like quite a big oversight!

Honestly, I'm calling saying Stormcast as a starter side is guaranteed for at least the foreseeable future - whether we go back to WFB's system of unique pairs is up to debate, but at this stage, I'd doubt it?

They're aesthetically an obvious 'good' faction, they're easy to paint and rules-wise they're fairly simple. They bounce off nicely with their 'evil' opponents so far in every box too - Nighthaunt, as a particular shoutout, worked as a nice opponent visually. 

Stormcast getting a release every few years doesn't bother me, all things considered, because unlike over in a certain sci fi game, they dont get released over updating and releasing newer content - probably because they don't accommodate for such a large portion of the player base. After all, last time I checked at least, the factions were fairly split amongst each other with very minimal outliers - compared to a single faction being the majority of bought miniatures.

Just as long as we dont get Stormcast Primes released at £30 every few weeks and the other factions get equal love, we're doing alright.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I'm impressed how GW was restrained with flooding us with stormcasts for a more than year, two even I think. I can forgive them a new starter. Just please don't make them ubiquitous like 40k marines - they are literally the last army I would consider to collect because I'm tired just by reading about their 200th model released in the past years.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

Honestly, I'm calling saying Stormcast as a starter side is guaranteed for at least the foreseeable future - whether we go back to WFB's system of unique pairs is up to debate, but at this stage, I'd doubt it?

To me the obvious solution is a cities of sigmar starter.

It's requested constantly, everyone wants to see freeguild get AoSified. I'd expect the approach to mirror how they did Slaves to Darkness: update old classics (chaos warriors and knights/freeguild guard and greatswords), add some weird new stuff (ironweld centerpieces) and keep the rest for a bloated but pleasingly diverse faction.

In the fiction, it's up there with stormcast as protagonist faction. Since they can field stormcast as 1/4 of their army, a cities starter box could still include 1 or two SCE units. They could easily do a stormcast update within that release window, give em a new book and a few units but the bulk goes to cities and their opponent (Skaven would be cool).

A freeguild and ironweld arsenal focused update (keeping the various elf and duardin factions we have already) would be a slam dunk. 

They could do units of freeguild guard that mix aelves, duardin and humans (like Warcry does). Something for everyone.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Really normie anything. normie dwarves, normie skeletons, normie elves. Everything is on roids in AoS, lol.

I want plain looking satyrs and centaurs for Kurnothi, and then valhalla dawi also plain looking...I mean seriously, not like the old ones weren't outrageous anyway xD

I just hope old world isn't all like those magic kislev whatever, but that they recover the more "grounded" aesthetic a tad. I mean, for insanely looking things, we already have plenty of stuff in AoS. To me, it no longer stands out as everything is kinda wacky.

• Like 1

I don’t really want stormcast in the next starter but if they are in it I’d rather they revisit the warrior chamber and just give us some female liberators and female prosecutors models. That way it diversifies the line without rules bloat.

my preference would be either lumineth or cities for “good” vs slaves/darkoath or Ironjawz for “bad”. 

alternartively Kurnothi vs new Beasts of Chaos would be great 

• Like 12
  • LOVE IT! 2

22 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

I don’t really want stormcast in the next starter but if they are in it I’d rather they revisit the warrior chamber and just give us some female liberators and female prosecutors models. That way it diversifies the line without rules bloat.

my preference would be either lumineth or cities for “good” vs slaves/darkoath or Ironjawz for “bad”. 

alternartively Kurnothi vs new Beasts of Chaos would be great 

I would love more female diversity in actual models, but i would love even more a female-only chamber.

14 minutes ago, Overread said:

I can't decide if its just because they don't have the studio and he's recorded it at home to a screen and thus hasn't got the best lighting -- but doesn't James look a little pasty white. Like he's been avoiding the sun for too many days/years/decades...

He's British, not sure what else you expect.

28 minutes ago, Overread said:

I can't decide if its just because they don't have the studio and he's recorded it at home to a screen and thus hasn't got the best lighting -- but doesn't James look a little pasty white. Like he's been avoiding the sun for too many days/years/decades...

Pasty white? Avoiding Sun for decades? 

Now that's method acting to tease the new Soulblight. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Looks like the same glove as on the 16th, so someone welding a hammer and gun. Screams witch hunter to me. 

34 minutes ago, Sance said:
  Reveal hidden contents

D54SPptOyW27hPKX.png

There is no way it's not some kind of witch hunter right ?!

This definitely seems like a Witch Hunter from Azyr!! If there is a Warhammer Quest featuring the Undead perhaps this is our hero!? Or a Witch Hunter Warband for Underworlds OR Witch Hunters for Cities of Sigmar!? I'm so excited!?

• LOVE IT! 1