The Rumour Thread

49 minutes ago, Greybeard86 said:

Sometimes, less is more. For example, I am currently painting blood pass miners and they are simple yet I like them a lot, very effective design in my book. As the poster above me says, those brets seem a tad too much for me.

Yeah i feel like this aswel. Its not that i hate every non GW model but these are way to much for me i ques. ;) not the most populair oppinion it seems. 
Ive seen some of these lost kingdom lizardmen in IRL and they just didnt do it for me. Where others loved it. I know some of the models from GW are over the top aswel but not in the way these models are. But im glad others like them. 

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

Undead? Skaven? 

Being a banner, I'm more inclined to say its for AoS rather than warcry or Underworlds. 

XKTQV2F5gGZoCGUM.png

Looks like a Death faction- very Black Knights/skeletons -maybe a Vamp army after all .

Love those Lost Kingdom knights - could see GW doing something similarly epic if they ever get back to Brettonia..

33 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

It is exactly the same studded banner that have the Black Knight banner

Interesting, this one's sort of tucked around the side rather than right at the front like on the Black Knights but this is the sort of connection GW sculptors like to make. It does suggest undead and quite possibly something Deathrattle-inspired.

Screenshot 2020-12-17 at 13.49.31.png

• Like 1

I am feeling more and more like this is an update and revamp of the Legions of Nagash concept. Although with some redundancies between related factions likely being dropped e.g. likely the update will retain LoN exclusive units and cede units like spirit hosts and morghasts to their respective new armies*. We had a silhouette that seemed to indicate an update to zombies, various rapier looking blades including one image that some people interpreted as having fang marks, there was that pelt and leg which both might hint towards werewolves, and now a banner that looks closely linked to various skeletal units. The crows and rats also seem very likely to be a scenic element on new death models. I feel maybe the focus will be shifted back to an older and classic Vampire Count/Halloween themed army. Some other options are of course, Underworlds, Warcry or a Warhammer Quest may include death factions which are making the rumour engines a little more complicated to untie (Underworlds are certainly getting a death update and there was a rumour engine with a OBR looking weapon).

*Maybe they can retain many of these units in a 1/4 per sub-faction rule ala. Cities of Sigmar?

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Scurvydog said:

That they even post an article and completely ignore the elephant in the room about AoS is really poor form. Obviously they must know their AoS players are waiting for this and they do not address this at all. 

Its pretty standard form for them to put 40k above aos. Just look at how the releases under lockdown were handled, all the aos stuff got shoved back so the 40k stuff could land as close to schedule as possible.

The app is another good example, the updates on the aos app have seen a significant delay since the 40k app came out (and has needed a lot of work to get up to par)

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Its pretty standard form for them to put 40k above aos. Just look at how the releases under lockdown were handled, all the aos stuff got shoved back so the 40k stuff could land as close to schedule as possible.

The app is another good example, the updates on the aos app have seen a significant delay since the 40k app came out (and has needed a lot of work to get up to par)

My problem is not even if they are delayed or just cancelled this year, the annoying part is they do not even mention anything at all and they released faqs the past 2 years on the 17th

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Undead? Skaven? 

Being a banner, I'm more inclined to say its for AoS rather than warcry or Underworlds. 

XKTQV2F5gGZoCGUM.png

I don't know if anyone mentioned it as I didn't read everything, but this banner kinda looks like it's made out of skin. Like  there is even a vein looking thing on the left. That would also explain why there is no iconography/image on it AND fit deadwalkers/vampires very nicely

6 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

I don't know if anyone mentioned it as I didn't read everything, but this banner kinda looks like it's made out of skin. Like  there is even a vein looking thing on the left. That would also explain why there is no iconography/image on it AND fit deadwalkers/vampires very nicely

I think that's highlights painted on to add texture. 

35 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

My problem is not even if they are delayed or just cancelled this year, the annoying part is they do not even mention anything at all and they released faqs the past 2 years on the 17th

Not asking for much really, an acknowledgement that AoS / other games will get FAQs in the next few days would be enough.

GW confuse me so much sometimes.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mojojojo101 said:

Not asking for much really, an acknowledgement that AoS / other games will get FAQs in the next few days would be enough.

GW confuse me so much sometimes.

GW perfected the way to build up hype, sometimes it feels they are using confusion as a marketing tool, which is perfectly understandable for new product releases. But the lack of transparency is not cool when it comes to these rules updates/faqs. Even if it is not on purpose, it sends the message they don't care with ppl who are here  (at least partially) for the wargaming aspect of the hobby.

I recall stg similar happened in the summer. The ghb was out, but the point changes for the new books were not posted for about 2 weeks.  And while ppl were waiting for the news, in the meantime GW were posting every day on facebook stuff like tell us what is cooler, an angry dwarf or a big spider.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Scurvydog said:

That they even post an article and completely ignore the elephant in the room about AoS is really poor form. Obviously they must know their AoS players are waiting for this and they do not address this at all. 

I mean those are only for latest books from 40k so business as usual

2 minutes ago, Ragest said:

The worst part about gw, the silence about everything.

Some people calls that “hype”, for me is just annoying and terrible communication with customers.

I consider it as an uncertainty.

it’s just like the beginning of aos, where nobody knew which army would have survived the next year

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 2