The Rumour Thread

17 minutes ago, El Syf said:

Yeah since AoS. Lots of Vamps in WFB had hair and long hair at that!

probably when Mannfred changed style setted a trend. All vampires predating bald Mannfred had hair (not sure about the Sartosa vampire, since he has a funny hat) and since the change we only got baldpires.

From 6th edition onwards, vampires started to become lorewise monsters in disguise, and now in AoS they're still in the transition limbo.

I'm really looking for their AoS makover! 

19 minutes ago, Gotz said:

probably when Mannfred changed style setted a trend. All vampires predating bald Mannfred had hair (not sure about the Sartosa vampire, since he has a funny hat) and since the change we only got baldpires.

From 6th edition onwards, vampires started to become lorewise monsters in disguise, and now in AoS they're still in the transition limbo.

I'm really looking for their AoS makover! 

Imagine a new soulblight army using similar rules to the old Morathi form change where the elites and heroes are vampires who can go from discplined, heavy armored fighter wizards, to monstrous flying beasts. They could use a blood resource to either fuel spell casting or allow them to turn sooner/better, so you could see both caster and melee monster playstyles. 

Obviously these guys have rebelled from Nagash, as this has been in the cards for some time for Manfred and Neferata, so they will be using the regular undeads as their cannonfodder rank and file, while Nagash is busy with his new Bonereaper toys.

The release would cover new soulblight multi kits, with a hero turning into a behemoth "super" terrorgeist type of creature, and elite infantry casters, sort of like evocators who can transform and lose their casting powers but instead gain flight as new vargheists, allowing for some really interesting playstyle changes on the fly!

One can dream right? ;)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

The hammer looks a little like a simplified comet form and that gloved hand looks, if human, very feminine . One other connection is the Warcry map has a symbol with a hammer and anvil with a halo over it- I had hoped for dwarfs but the halo is probable a sigmar faction- maybe free guild/scouting force? It looks to plain to be a dwarf hammer to me, really intrigued by this. 

46 minutes ago, Greybeard86 said:

Preach! I miss my normies, I even bought several mordheim warbands to use as counts as free guild. I like a pinch of outrageous in my models, but don't need it overdone.

I'd love a battletome Freeguilds. Cities is all fine, but very soup like and still not with great synergy between the sub factions.

I'd like to see a Freeguild tome with new units added and the option to create your own regiments of renown, like just look at the list of known freeguilds:

https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/Freeguild#fn_5a_back

It would be great to see some of these brought to life, or access to a lot of customization to create them or your own with realm and allegiance traits and regiments of renown rules, to really make a freeguild your very own creation to fit your style.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

I'd love a battletome Freeguilds. Cities is all fine, but very soup like and still not with great synergy between the sub factions.

I'd like to see a Freeguild tome with new units added and the option to create your own regiments of renown, like just look at the list of known freeguilds:

https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/Freeguild#fn_5a_back

It would be great to see some of these brought to life, or access to a lot of customization to create them or your own with realm and allegiance traits and regiments of renown rules, to really make a freeguild your very own creation to fit your style.

I was unaware of this. Fantastic! It has a DoW flavor to it that I love. I have the majority of DoW RoW that I plan on using as counts as free guild units, I would love to have official rule support and new miniatures to mix in.

22 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Undead? Skaven? 

Being a banner, I'm more inclined to say its for AoS rather than warcry or Underworlds. 

A banner screams 'army'. If not a standard bearer in a unit, then a flag flapping on a big war machine/piece of army-specific scenery. 

The pole doesn't look crude enough to be Skaven and Chaos Warrior banners are usually downwards rectangular rather than flowing 'backwards' like that.

It's the same shape as the Freeguild banner so my guess is something to do with the vaguely-zombie-like silhouettes we've seen - if not them then  something Death at any rate.

6 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

The studs make me immediately think Slaanesh mortals.

I feel like based on the models previewed, a Slaanesh banner would be in better condition.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

Speaking of regular humans, anyone trying to recreate the glory of old brettonia might like the upcoming lost kingdom project.

Billedet indeholder sandsynligvis: skoIngen tilgængelig billedbeskrivelse.Billedet indeholder sandsynligvis: 1 person, bord

i can understand people like these models but for me they feel way to much. There is so much going on in these models that they dont feel good in the age of sigmar vibe. For another game i might like these but with this setting i even like the way the old brets where over this. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

It's a pretty big banner and ragged in a way that makes me think 'Death'. The wholes are similar to some of those on Nighthaunt and Ossiarch models, like fabric worn thin rather than torn and shredded.

RE: Lost Kingdom models: the top guys are a bit covered in armourial cruft, a bit like the worse excesses of 5th/6th ed. space marine models, but the pegasi and questing knights are fantastic, love all the travelling gear piled up behind the saddle. I also enjoy the Gallic passion the musicians are giving to their craft even in a headlong charge.

Their Chaos Dwarfs, Lizardmen and Tomb Kings ranges are spectacular however, much better composed use of high levels of detail for stuff like scales and stonework.

Edited by sandlemad

2 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

People say they're 'way too much' but an awful lot new GW stuff is overly crammed with detail and overdesign to the point of absurdity. I feel like if these were official GW sculpts people would be saying they look amazing and they'd pre-order six.

We can have the same opinion on GW's stuff too, I don't think it is bias necessarily. Though, at the end of the day, it is a matter of taste so hard to agree. I think brets benefit from a "clean" look. But I do like goblins and trolls having a few more little details here and there, making them look more "messy".

4 minutes ago, Greybeard86 said:

We can have the same opinion on GW's stuff too, I don't think it is bias necessarily. Though, at the end of the day, it is a matter of taste so hard to agree. I think brets benefit from a "clean" look. But I do like goblins and trolls having a few more little details here and there, making them look more "messy".

I've definitely found people are much more critical of third-party models than they would be Games Workshop, almost like they're trying to convince themselves they don't actually like it, purely by virtue of them not being official Games Workshop(tm) models and thus bad by default. Not saying everybody critical of them is being such - I hate overdesigned models and it's a big gripe I've not been silent on when it comes to GW's recent offerings  - but for example, people will bemoan models from things like Conquest or A Song of Ice & Fire for not being to scale, but will clap and cheer scale creep no problem. 

I think if GW bought out Lost Kingdoms today and said "these will be new, official GW AoS models" tomorrow, a lot of people would do a 180 on their opinion, same with any other third party model.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I've definitely found people are much more critical of third-party models than they would be Games Workshop, almost like they're trying to convince themselves they don't actually like it, purely by virtue of them not being official Games Workshop(tm) models and thus bad by default. Not saying everybody critical of them is being such - I hate overdesigned models and it's a big gripe I've not been silent on when it comes to GW's recent offerings  - but for example, people will bemoan models from things like Conquest or A Song of Ice & Fire for not being to scale, but will clap and cheer scale creep no problem. 

I understand what you mean and you are probably right. That said, I still find those knights "overly designed" and would prefer fewer details in the armor  and shields, and the barding / caparison of the horses.  Again, I think there should be an "economy" of details, just some models benefit more than others from certain extra bits. I do not think the knights needed some of those.

• Like 1

All these 3rd parties thrive on GWs negligence basically, these companies have made a lot of income on the hunger of collectors. I took all my willpower not to buy in all the way on the lost kingdoms lizardmen line of models. Whenever I look at my saurus knights from GW though, all I feel is disappointment and the razordons with half missing teeth due to finecast air bubbles. 

GW surely is missing out and opening themselves to a lot of competition due to leaving popular model lines in the dust for way too long.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Spoiler
49 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

Speaking of regular humans, anyone trying to recreate the glory of old brettonia might like the upcoming lost kingdom project.

Billedet indeholder sandsynligvis: skoIngen tilgængelig billedbeskrivelse.Billedet indeholder sandsynligvis: 1 person, bord

I love them. I don't have any problem with "less is more" (I'm a designer, that's my motto), but I love that type of designs. Btw, my main complain about Bretonia is that they are boring (humans with horses...), but that's what happens when we talk about our tastes.

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

Undead? Skaven? 

Being a banner, I'm more inclined to say its for AoS rather than warcry or Underworlds. 

XKTQV2F5gGZoCGUM.png

Where is my Jolly Roger??? Let's go VAMPIRATES!

Edited by Beliman

2 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

All these 3rd parties thrive on GWs negligence basically, these companies have made a lot of income on the hunger of collectors. I took all my willpower not to buy in all the way on the lost kingdoms lizardmen line of models. Whenever I look at my saurus knights from GW though, all I feel is disappointment and the razordons with half missing teeth due to finecast air bubbles. 

GW surely is missing out and opening themselves to a lot of competition due to leaving popular model lines in the dust for way too long.

They're losing out to more than competitors, they're even losing out to their own business partners, really. Creative Assembly improved on old designs for minotaurs, carnosaurs, marauders and OOP units for Total War: Warhammer, fans edit the digital models and print them themselves because they're so, so much better than the designs GW still sells. It's not large scale stuff but it's wild to see them leave money on the table and be so outflanked.