The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

t9uToTCAdaG7CrzS.png

Doesn't look ornate enough to be an Excelsior Warpriest, but the wooden shaft means it could be for a more mundane unit. What makes me doubt it's a Sigmarmite hammer is their recent stuff uses the shape they now hace on the Warhammer(tm) symbol, although the shape does appear on the WHFB War Altar.

This looks like the most promising sign for some sort of regular humans we've seen in a long time.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

t9uToTCAdaG7CrzS.png

Doesn't look ornate enough to be an Excelsior Warpriest, but the wooden shaft means it could be for a more mundane unit. What makes me doubt it's a Sigmarmite hammer is their recent stuff uses the shape they now hace on the Warhammer(tm) symbol, although the shape does appear on the WHFB War Altar.

looks like a straight up blacksmith's hammer, opposite end maybe a little too curved, but certainly not the killy kind of hammer we should expect from WARhammer... very intriguing. maybe it is a siege engineer.

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

The 2 pronged spear thing

that was confirmed as being from the Slaanesh elites reveal iirc

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

Defo getting a witch hunter vibe off some of these. 

The 2 pronged spear thing looks like something a vampire hunter would use and today's hammer looks like something a witch hunter would wield. 

I would all over a vampires vs witch hunter box! 

I think you sold me one hundred percent on the best idea for a Warhammer Quest game that could lead to two great armies: A group of Witch Hunters and mercenaries entering Shyish to take down a vampiric threat. Heck it even makes the idea of a bunch of key carrying familiars on scenic bases make a ton of sense!

Didn't Blackstone fortress precipitate the release of Chaos Space Marines or am I mistaken?

Either way I am down for either army being released!

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 6

39 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

This looks like the most promising sign for some sort of regular humans we've seen in a long time.

Yeah this is a very mundane hammer by AoS standards. I could believe this belonged to a witch hunter's henchman. Puts some of the previous pistol rumour engine pics in a new light. 

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

t9uToTCAdaG7CrzS.png

Black gloves could indeed be Witch hunters / Warrior priests (old Plastic Volkmar or Excelsior Warpriest had them). Maybe this hammer is kind of plain because they want to clearly separate the Order Of Azyr "down to earth" design from the more grandiose Stormcast' one ?

Other option is 40k inquisitor / priest retinue but that would be ...lame. Also wooden staff :P

I long for an Azyrite normal Humans release !!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Well. This seems like the perfect Mega Gargant conversion!! 

I feel like Gargants are the new Dogs of War and it is your duty to create an eclectic Dogs Of War Styled Sons of Behemat army!

As much as I am leaning towards and heavily hoping for a Devoted of Sigmar army, is it also possible that this is a sign of something Cities related? Maybe we will be getting a more Free Guild oriented Warcry warband? I have jumped between a new Warhammer Quest, a new faction, and now a Warcry release: who knew a relatively plain hammer could elicit  such excitement?*

Also a hammer was posted and we haven't been met by a chorus of Duardin posts...
It is quiet... too quiet!

*Clearly it is just Malerion's hammer for his new shoe cobbling career!

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gotz said:

it's probably nothing, but as a Legion of Blood player waiting for a renovation, I'm totally riding the *put here your kind of vampire* train and this picture has crows and vampires...

I was thinking the same exact thing, but as a LoB player and someone that has kit bashed a Soulblight Khorne army I figured it was wishful thinking for it to be a hint at anything.

7 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I feel like Gargants are the new Dogs of War and it is your duty to create an eclectic Dogs Of War Styled Sons of Behemat army!

As much as I am leaning towards and heavily hoping for a Devoted of Sigmar army, is it also possible that this is a sign of something Cities related? Maybe we will be getting a more Free Guild oriented Warcry warband? I have jumped between a new Warhammer Quest, a new faction, and now a Warcry release: who knew a relatively plain hammer could elicit  such excitement?*

Also a hammer was posted and we haven't been met by a chorus of Duardin posts...
It is quiet... too quiet!

*Clearly it is just Malerion's hammer for his new shoe cobbling career!

I cant wait to expand the Stomp mate!!

• LOVE IT! 1

It might  be my imagination but if you  rotate the picture and zoom on the flat surface of the hammer, then it looks like there is a sort of drawing on the surface. I have played around with  the brightness and contrast of the picture and it gave me this (2nd picture).

It could be,a drawing hinting sth or maybe a joke from GW or...  simply pareidolia? 

What do you think?  *foil hat on*

Screenshot_20201216_225153.jpg

Screenshot_20201216_230228.jpg

Edited by Sigmarusvult

11 minutes ago, Sigmarusvult said:

It might  be my imagination but if you  rotate the picture and zoom on the flat surface of the hammer, then it looks like there is a sort of drawing on the surface. I have played around with  the brightness and contrast of the picture and it gave me this (2nd picture).

It could be,a drawing hinting sth or maybe a joke from GW or...  simply pareidolia? 

What do you think?  *foil hat on*

Screenshot_20201216_225153.jpg

Screenshot_20201216_230228.jpg

Primaris Sigmarites.

The 1st chambers were not powerful enough to change the tides so now hes using ancient technologies From Archmage Belisaruis Cawl to release the new chamber 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, amysrevenge said:

That plain hammer is the most interesting rumour photo I've seen in 2 years or more.

I know, right? "A normal hammer? In this  game!!!?"

The only other "normal" hammer I rcall seeing off the top of my head is the big mallet used in the OBR catapult. It could certainly go to a similar support unit, but I fel like the glove is too . . . elegant? Classy? Stylish? I dunno. It's really piqued my interest though!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Gotz said:

it's probably nothing, but as a Legion of Blood player waiting for a renovation, I'm totally riding the *put here your kind of vampire* train and this picture has crows and vampires...

3hkYUgW1db1omWsI.jpg

Not to mention this is the first time in a long time a (what I’m guessing is) male vampire has had hair in any artwork!

Vampires should be allowed hair, maybe not Sigvald levels of conditioned locks but the chrome dome alliance was really wearing thin. Here’s to vampire models with hair and covered arms!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, El Syf said:

Not to mention this is the first time in a long time a (what I’m guessing is) male vampire has had hair in any artwork!

Vampires should be allowed hair, maybe not Sigvald levels of conditioned locks but the chrome dome alliance was really wearing thin. Here’s to vampire models with hair and covered arms!

Do you mean since AoS? Because Vlad has always had hair, at the very least. 

9E83FF19-CAEC-4995-A518-80CAD09B6545.jpeg

• Like 1