The Rumour Thread

7 hours ago, Jator said:

Well, the Great Horned Rat should be the most interested in keeping Slaanesh out of the board (as much as is possible, anyway) so they have a great motivation to take part in these new events.

Why would he do that when he could kill-destroy all of them at the same time same spot😜.

do you really think the great horned rat would be satisfied by being only one of the greater chaos god.

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

More and more evidence!! I want the Silent Ones to be real!! Gargants can finally squish something like bugs that is...bug like!!

Or will this one of these weird things like where elephants are scared of bees? 
will the mega gargants do a Johan when they see insectoids...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Or will this one of these weird things like where elephants are scared of bees? 
will the mega gargants do a Johan when they see insectoids...

Hahaha the Squishy Ones are their Achilles heel!! Though I would love if they get a Faction they sound incredible. 

A shame, but I'm not surprised. I figure GWs system is already hammered with demand as it is. So a few weeks with less demand might let them catch up, especially as we head into Christmas and the factory might well close down for a period of time. Last year they kept going full steam ahead, but they had the factory running as normal and supplies were generally ok. It's a different year this year so heck a slower week or two isn't bad; heck it might let us catch up with all the stuff they've been throwing at us! 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

M0hYVIqWZvnIbr9e.png

This holster looks kind of like the boot shown earlier. Something 40k related!?

Reminds me of the Death Korps of Kreig aesthetic but I am not overly familiar with 40k much less the sub-factions of the Imperium.

This is 40k Inquisition. The "I" at the bottom of the holster gives it away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/12/2020 at 4:17 PM, Overread said:

Skaven or could be from Necromunda or even undead pirate with a rat instead of a parrot?! 

Probably Cawdor for Necromunda, since their book is up next.

Skaven seems a bit obvious.

Could also be something for Death, since there's a crow with a key as well and if it's related to the Not-Zombie thing, rats won't be far from decaying flesh.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Souleater said:

I am really looking forward to the Crimblemouse Day show.

Hoping for lots of Slaaneshi goodness, and although unlikely would LOVE to see some Soulblight groove.

Why are you so convinced there will be a Christmas reveal. Did I miss an announcement?

8 hours ago, Chikout said:

Why are you so convinced there will be a Christmas reveal. Did I miss an announcement?

I could swear that GW had mentioned either a Christmas or New Years Day reveal od some goodies.

I cannot find the link so might just have been cat-induced delirium. 

Wasn't the Slaanesh release originally planned for 2020 but covid threw the whole schedule? Hence the units getting revealed in the warcry book.

Who knows how far in advance they plan marketing reveals, but I'd assume the Christmas preview would be something other than Slaanesh? 

GW is doing sneak peeks every day which suggests that they are building toward a major reveal over the Christmas period - either Christmas day or soon after. 

And yes its likely that GWs release is a total mess; Luminith and Giants were likely well before mid-year; then we'd have had Indomitus in the mid year; followed very fast by the codex and starter sets for 40K. 3/4 was likely when we'd have seen Slaanesh get a big release alongside the Morathi book or soon after; then back to a big load of 40K stuff for a second wave of Necrons and Marines. 

Or at least something somewhere along those lines. 

31 minutes ago, Klamm said:

Wasn't the Slaanesh release originally planned for 2020 but covid threw the whole schedule? Hence the units getting revealed in the warcry book.

Who knows how far in advance they plan marketing reveals, but I'd assume the Christmas preview would be something other than Slaanesh? 

The first rumor engine teasing Slaanesh is from July 2019, so I'd say it's likely that we were supposed to get Sons of Behemat, the DoK update and Slaanesh mortals a lot earlier than we actually did.

I believe that it's the most likely that that GW's release schedule has been pushed back 6+ months, but that their planned release order has not majorly changed. That's why I would not assume that GW is going to stick to whatever marketing plans they originally had in terms of reveal timing. It's more likely that we will get to see the remaining Slaanesh stuff around Christmas than whatever was planned before COVID.

50 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The first rumor engine teasing Slaanesh is from July 2019, so I'd say it's likely that we were supposed to get Sons of Behemat, the DoK update and Slaanesh mortals a lot earlier than we actually did.

I believe that it's the most likely that that GW's release schedule has been pushed back 6+ months, but that their planned release order has not majorly changed. That's why I would not assume that GW is going to stick to whatever marketing plans they originally had in terms of reveal timing. It's more likely that we will get to see the remaining Slaanesh stuff around Christmas than whatever was planned before COVID.

They just killed two birds with one stone! I'm sure they just wanted to copy Slaaneshmas from the "If the Emperor had a text to speech device" web series and now, due to having to push releases back, they finally could align the timing. 🤪

19 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

No Winter FAQ announcement... I'm very worried...

There wasn't any announcement last year either :) It did fall on the 17th the last two years, so before we have crossed that day I'm still very confident that we get a winter FAQ update :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ogregut said:

There is normally a new year's open day at warhammer world on the first Sunday of the year so hopfully we'll get a online preview in its place. 

Would be a great way to kick off 2021, a preview of what's to come for the year. 

I'm also hoping that April's Warband may still yet be the Silent Ones!!

u2pLD5dLWqlDCgjX-1060x596.jpg

• Like 1