The Rumour Thread

28 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

From that silhouetted teaser and now these rumour engines I am  thinking we are getting Deadwalkers not pirates or Soulblight. I still hope I am wrong and we are getting a massive LoN update (Nautical themed or not) but I think I am leaning towards a Deadwalkers army.

Behind Vampires and Werewolves an entire Zombie army would be my high hope for Death. An entire Zombie filled army could be so much fun. A true horde army as well.

• LOVE IT! 1

42 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

From that silhouetted teaser and now these rumour engines I am  thinking we are getting Deadwalkers not pirates or Soulblight. I still hope I am wrong and we are getting a massive LoN update (Nautical themed or not) but I think I am leaning towards a Deadwalkers army.

Why not both? Perhaps we'll get a new Legions of Nagash battletome?

• Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

16 minutes ago, Vomikron said:

I don’t know. They’re adding 11 new kits for Slaanesh Mortals. That’s a pretty huge battletome with daemons added in.

11? 

We have sigvad, the fancy combat peeps, archers, new seekers, slanngor, Underworlds warband and the wizard. 

That's 7 kits them that makes 9 different Warscrolls (that we know of). 

Pretty big update, it's more kits than the entire flesh eaters army! 

3 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

EMeqXqg21qSmavom.jpg.f9208a100295b100818c7818233abf84.jpg

Someone said "crossbow", but it looks more like a regular wooden beam with metal strapped to it (unless my ailing eyes fail to pick up perspective). Definitely Death, gives Deadwalker vibes! I hope it's for the Soulblight/Vampirate army.

Can you imagine if we'd get zombies who have independently resurrected bodyparts? To take the crossbow example from before - a loose hand pulling the string with undead, inhuman strength...I know I'm letting my imagination run wild, but one can dream!

• LOVE IT! 1

29 minutes ago, Vomikron said:

I don’t know. They’re adding 11 new kits for Slaanesh Mortals. That’s a pretty huge battletome with daemons added in.

That takes them from the smallest chaos god battletome to one of comparable size to the Khorne one. I can't see them splitting mortals and daemons. 

Earlier this year Tzeentch was updated and it continues to have both. GW continues to use Hedonites of Slaanesh as the faction name in warcom previews. Hell, there's lore stuff too, slaanesh daemons and mortals intermingle in all the recent fiction (the Realmlords novel and Broken Realms) and there's even a character, Syll'Esske, whose whole deal is uniting daemons and mortals.

Edited by Klamm
  • Like 3

I'm calling that the Nagash overhaul is going to split it into three 'mini-factions' akin to Gloomspite, and get a pretty massive overhaul as a final act of the Nagash/2.0 saga, leading Death in a healthy place for them to take a backseat leading into another edition

'Deathrattle Kingdom' - the old skeleton models, wight kings, skeleton models from old, probably a single hero or so to sum them together, OBR 1/4 rule potentially?

Something akin to the Bloodbowl Team / Zombie Horde - Zombies, Necromancers, that silhouette zombie as some 'elite' choice, a lot of the weird broken tools/jagged stuff going on.

FEC potential allies? Brettonian Peasants/Knights parallel 

Neferata's 'vampirates' - The Vampires. Thinking the 'pirate' stuff might be a bit more tricorne and sabers/Victorian english/Bloodborne vibe and not so much big ****** off ships. 

If anyone has played the latest WoW expansion, it's the Venthyr/Revendreth vibes.

Obviously there is happily three books worth, but if we take that Gloomspite managed to squeeze in Trolls, Goblins and Spiders together?

Cities of Nagash - thank me later 

13 minutes ago, Klamm said:

That takes them from the smallest chaos god battletome to one of comparable size to the Khorne one. I can't see them splitting mortals and daemons. 

Earlier this year Tzeentch was updated and it continues to have both. GW continues to use Hedonites of Slaanesh as the faction name in warcom previews. Hell, there's lore stuff too, slaanesh daemons and mortals intermingle in all the recent fiction (the Realmlords novel and Broken Realms) and there's even a character, Syll'Esske, whose whole deal is uniting daemons and mortals.

Yeah, I would be incredibly surprised (and dissapointed) if they couldn't be used together. Considering their overall chapter in Warcry (mix of mortals and daemons) is still called Hedonites, and Syberites are just the mortal art like Rotbringers and Bloodbound, and that the Underworlds warband is still Hedonites and Slaanesh keyword. 

It would be incredibly strange if these people didn't have the Slaanesh keyword, and that's all they'd need to be in the same army. I think it would be nearly equally as strange if they didn't have the Hedonites Keyword too.

That said, there's a chance their warscrolls will be separate in the next Broken Realms. It's probably quite a high chance for this, but equally the sheer number of new kits feel as if they need to have a new battletome to keep the army accessible. 

Assuming we get one more model (the big model at the back), Slaanesh will have Sigvald, Painbringer, Two Souls, archers, mounted archers, Lord of Pain, sorceress, glaive seekers, and Slaangors for 10 (again assuming at least one more model). Combine this with the 18 existing Slaanesh models (not including Underworlds, Forgeworld, Slaves to Darkness, or Depraved Drove), they will have 28 warscrolls.

Blades of Khorne currently have 31 (with the same restrictions). This would leave Slaanesh as one of the largest battletomes, but certainly not in the category of 'too large for one battletome).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Souleater said:

What's the likelihood of GW combining Slaanesh and these new mortals into a single new army book?

close to 100%, but that doesn't mean we'll see a battletome alongside the release. I suspect the broken realms book in january will be something slaanesh related and contain all the rules for these guys, then GW will let slaanesh coast into an early 3.0 book that combines it.

Beastmen will probably show up in that book too since they can share space and will get access/support for the slaangor stuff.

• Like 5

I could imagine them turning vampires and zombies into a combined force... I mean vamps are sometimes said to be able to control lesser beings, look at Mordheim warbands eg where vamps acted as the bosses. I think (alive human) Necromancers are on their way out in GA: Death... and they could hit two birds with one stone as vampires and zombies are the two classical things needing an upgrade for AoS. 

I really hope it’s vampires coming with really gritty Undead,  corpse carts, zombies, necromancer thralls. I miss the unclean decaying style of the Sylvania vampire counts. A remake on zombies and maybe some zombie/flesh hulks would be just ace.

Then again these could literally be bits for a ramshackle fence because GW likes to hurt me by exciting my imagination.