The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, AverageBoss said:

I also love the zombie dragon. Though its actually a zombie wyvern despite its name. XD

One of my favorites too. I have one sitting ion the shelf waiting for some paint. Along with a Necromancer on Manticore...

I'd love to use the Dragon as a Dracolich in a D&D campaign some time. And in Warhammer. 🙂

38 minutes ago, El Syf said:

Do we really need more focus on pointy ears? I'd almost rather Sigmar open another Stormcast Chamber!

Thats a good point.

Stormcast Eternals have beards, so they are one step closer to the most advanced and awesome race in the Mortal Realms: The skavens! I mean Duardins!!

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, El Syf said:

Do we really need more focus on pointy ears? I'd almost rather Sigmar open another Stormcast Chamber!

It hasn't got that bad!😁

Thinking back what were the AoS releases this year- Lumineth and ?? Kharadron got two characters [including Bugmansson there], Slaves got a new start collecting of new sculpts.. this year was mostly 40k marines and Necrons wasn't it??

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, silverstu said:

It hasn't got that bad!😁

Thinking back what were the AoS releases this year- Lumineth and ?? Kharadron got two characters [including Bugmansson there], Slaves got a new start collecting of new sculpts.. this year was mostly 40k marines and Necrons wasn't it??

and some giants ;)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, silverstu said:

It hasn't got that bad!😁

Warhammer weekly thanksgiving special does a good summary of this year in AoS and portraits it as a good year despite the pandemic considering it was also a 40k year unavoidably because of the new edition.

Only good things can wait behind the corner in 2021.

But to summarise the miniatures released this year, excluding Warhammer underworlds warbands (6 this year) we had some heroes (Tzeentch, KO, DoK and Slaanesh), some Warcry warbands (Spire Tyrants, Scions and Shadowstalkers), some monsters for Slaves (the 3 for Warcry), Sons of Behemat and Lumineth release.

But we can’t forget we had a quite good GHB (ignore the point mess), two books (Wrath of the Everchosen and Morathi), 5 battletomes, 3 new start collecting, 4 broken realms discounted boxes, 2 battle boxes, 1 special edition box for the Lumineth, 4 bigger Christmas battle forces than usual and some discounted bundles for Warcry (6 I think?)

Edited by alghero81
Adding books and bundles

18 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Ok I’ll go waaay out on a limb here. It’s the new destruction terrain piece, featuring a siege ram for Gordrakks excelsius attack. It’s shoddily nailed together, and being pulled by a bunch of ogre gluttons, who are after the bits of flesh and booze hanging from the harness, while being prodded along by orks with that forked shaped poking stick from the other reveal.

or it’s the new zombie corpse cart 

• Like 1

At first I thought all those crude wood and steel rumour engines are maybe for some warband or an update for FEC

But now, there's more and more of them, which makes me think it's an entirely new army. I'd love deadwalkers, but they'd probably be combined with vampires, which somehow feels to 'generic' for AoS

Now that I think about it, they do seem kinda skaven-y, which woulde be the best

Edited by GenericEdgyName

1 hour ago, silverstu said:

It hasn't got that bad!😁

Also the Glorious Emergence of the greatest Stompers to ever grace the worlds of Warhammer!!

34 minutes ago, Inferno said:

100% came to comment this!! I'm getting HUGE Death vibes now.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Ok I’ll go waaay out on a limb here. It’s the new destruction terrain piece, featuring a siege ram for Gordrakks excelsius attack. It’s shoddily nailed together, and being pulled by a bunch of ogre gluttons, who are after the bits of flesh and booze hanging from the harness, while being prodded along by orks with that forked shaped poking stick from the other reveal.

or it’s the new zombie corpse cart 

My bet would be that all the ramshackle stuff we have been seeing is related to whatever Johann has been running away from. And I also believe that to be related to the Vampire underworlds warband for March.

I think the timing makes sense. We know that Death related rumor engines have been around for a year or so. Vampires have been telegraphed as part of Broken Realms with Ven Brecht's history and his rescue by a  leathery-winged creature.

I'm going to commit to this: After the Slaanesh release, we will see a big Vampire-related Death release around March, and this stuff will be part of it.

• Like 2