The Rumour Thread

Just now, EccentricCircle said:

To be fair I've never seen one in real life. The pose has always looked quite awkward to me, but no one I game with has one, so I've made no particular study of it. Looking at the images on the webstore properly I agree that its pretty dragonny, so am happy to retract my criticism!

Well and I'll make no claim that it's a perfect dragon either, just a good one.  I really was just curious what design-space you would like to see explored for dragons in AoS.  There's certainly a lot they could do with them.

I may be a bit biased since my favorite lore is Vampire/Soulblight but the Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon is one of my favorite Dragon sculpts from GW. Sure it isn't traditional fantasy dragon, being that it is dead and all but I love the idea of bringing a Dragon back from the dead to use as a mount / warrior beast.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Aleser said:

Apparently there is new Broken Realms fiction, anyone can share with me. Somehow I am not getting them in mails. Thanks

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/CmzAjxJFtw8uKzTa.pdf

The newly-forged and fragile alliance between the Idoneth Deepkin and Daughters of Khaine is put to the test, as a combined raiding party fights together on the Charrwind Coast. 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

Interesting story ! 

Spoiler

Between the big artwork of Teclis in the last WarCom article about Broken Realms, the fact the series was apparently more or less described to be aelf-themed, and the presence of a Lumineth in the book, it's very plausible the next book will be called Broken Realms : Teclis if it is not titled "something Slaanesh" (it should still feature Slaanesh forces or a new battletome coming alongside it against Teclis & Co, of course)...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MetaphoricDragon said:

Legend!! Cant wait to read this on my break at work!!

I'm so happy that Slaneesh is getting this wave of update and truly hope the next AOS Faction to get one to be Fyreslayers and Orruk Warclans. I really want them to start going all out with Fyreslayers and I've always loved the notion that Orruks get more massive so I'd love to see some truly monstrous sized Warboss the size of Ghazghul but instead of the size being all armour it's just pure muscle.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

Let's not forget the Idoneth didn't ally freely with the DoK at all. It was a do or die situation of alliance. I'm sure that they might well wait for Morathi to gain so many new enemies that they can split and run without having to fear her wrath for a few generations at least.

• Like 2

I could be misreading the whole situation but I truly feel as though they are narratively developing the idea that the various alliances will be fractured going forward as the Idoneth will likely  split into those that support Morathi and those who oppose. Through that I would imagine that we may get narrative justification of the Idoneth allying with the Lumineth. Teclis may resolve some of their past issues with the Idoneth that oppose Morathi. 

I think that is the type of thing I like to see in the lore is examples of contentions in and between individual armies. Why do the Seraphon fight each other or against Storm Cast? Why may a Daughter's of Khaine player show up with a unit of Namarti Reavers and their opponent with Lumineth have a contingent of Morrsarr Guard? I think it is flavouring for the game but also not writing lines in the sand... Of course where we have left things off has currently placed deeper lines in the sand but I am confident they are building to something interesting like this in the long run...

Personally I feel like Idoneth are the perfect army to play with such narratives as they have such a spectacular and eerie postion within the lore. It is hard to trust urban legends that make off with souls but they are also very tragic and doing it to survive... Such a cool faction. 😇

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I could be misreading the whole situation but I truly feel as though they are narratively developing the idea that the various alliances will be fractured going forward as the Idoneth will likely  split into those that support Morathi and those who oppose. Through that I would imagine that we may get narrative justification of the Idoneth allying with the Lumineth. Teclis may resolve some of their past issues with the Idoneth that oppose Morathi. 

I think that is the type of thing I like to see in the lore is examples of contentions in and between individual armies. Why do the Seraphon fight each other or against Storm Cast? Why may a Daughter's of Khaine player show up with a unit of Namarti Reavers and their opponent with Lumineth have a contingent of Morrsarr Guard? I think it is flavouring for the game but also not writing lines in the sand... Of course where we have left things off has currently placed deeper lines in the sand but I am confident they are building to something interesting like this in the long run...

Personally I feel like Idoneth are the perfect army to play with such narratives as they have such a spectacular and eerie postion within the lore. It is hard to trust urban legends that make off with souls but they are also very tragic and doing it to survive... Such a cool faction. 😇

An interesting concept. Of the Idoneth the ones most likely to buck the High King are those from Fuethan and Dhom-hain who are restless listening to the Ionrach/like to take Aelf souls.

Pretty much every army always had reasons for civil war within GW's system. It makes sense because on the tabletop we end up with civil wars all the time.

Some factions are more overt with it - Daughters of Khaine are encouraged to fight each other for supremacy and so that Morathi can ensure that the queens weaken each other so that one will never rise to challenge her. 

Some are strange - eg Tyrainds fight Tyranids even though there's only one Hive Mind. The theory proposed by Imperial science is that the swarm uses civil war battles as a huge live weapons test; the stronger absorbing the weaker and ensuring that the strongest strains survive. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Legend!! Cant wait to read this on my break at work!!

I'm so happy that Slaneesh is getting this wave of update and truly hope the next AOS Faction to get one to be Fyreslayers and Orruk Warclans. I really want them to start going all out with Fyreslayers and I've always loved the notion that Orruks get more massive so I'd love to see some truly monstrous sized Warboss the size of Ghazghul but instead of the size being all armour it's just pure muscle.

I don’t know.

I’d love to see some updated sculpts for the skaven race at first.

hated beard- and green-things  later-later!

Yes-yes,

let the skaven take-steal glory for once!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

14 minutes ago, Cataphract said:

An interesting concept. Of the Idoneth the ones most likely to buck the High King are those from Fuethan and Dhom-hain who are restless listening to the Ionrach/like to take Aelf souls.

Yeah I am not certain the direction that this narrative will take maybe more of a hope as I think it would be cool to have the lore better express the reasoning for various alliances within the armies rules. It would be really interesting if the allies only came from certain enclaves allowing some special rules to carry forward. 😮

8 minutes ago, Overread said:

Pretty much every army always had reasons for civil war within GW's system. It makes sense because on the tabletop we end up with civil wars all the time.

Some factions are more overt with it - Daughters of Khaine are encouraged to fight each other for supremacy and so that Morathi can ensure that the queens weaken each other so that one will never rise to challenge her. 

Some are strange - eg Tyrainds fight Tyranids even though there's only one Hive Mind. The theory proposed by Imperial science is that the swarm uses civil war battles as a huge live weapons test; the stronger absorbing the weaker and ensuring that the strongest strains survive. 

Thank you, for the great response but I feel I was not being very clear (although, in truth your response does cover this question to a certain degree).

I was more addressing the specifics of alliances that are in direct conflicts with one another. I like the idea of the narrative better exploring why one faction may support two ideologically opposed sides of a conflict. Less of a question of why Khorne fighting Khrone, but of a question of why a unit of Blood Reavers fighting alongside Nurgle will not join alongside the Wrath Mongers fighting alongside Tzeentch. Or why the Nighthaunt in two Legions of Nagash armies fight for the warring Vampire lords as opposed to joining forces against both. As you state there are some obvious cases why this might occur (Khorne cares not from whence the blood flows, only that it flows) but I like the idea of there being ideological splits that allow for certain alliances in opposition to one another. 

So in the case outlined in my initial post I think it would be cool if certain Idoneth units sided with different opposing gods. As such they would be willing to die fighting for Morathi or Teclis, neither of whom have their best interests in mind, but still may benefit the Idoneth and Aelves in very different manners. I think the increased prominence of Morathi and the eventual return of Malerion really signify a shift in the Order Pantheon being slightly more polarized morally and I would like if allied factions reflected this polarization within the lore.

Forgive me if this is a stupid idea as I am full of them. 😅

I know of Four Gods that accept Elves and Dwarves alongside Humans, Ogres and everyone else in the mortal realms in equal measure (they even accept their sci-fi equivalents) ✌️
We also a rat that accepts other rats... 🐭

In terms of potential releases are we vaguely aware of what is coming up for the various systems? We have information on the upcoming 40k Codices, Slaanesh and something vaguely death related, the upcoming Underworlds releases... I don't know much about Necromunda and Bloodbowl but we did get recent releases for both. LOTR and Warcry are slight outliers for potential releases... I am just trying to figure out the most likely candidates for the super fun Advent Calendar.   

Edited by Neverchosen

2 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I don’t know.

I’d love to see some updated sculpts for the skaven race at first.

hated beard- and green-things  later-later!

Yes-yes,

let the skaven take-steal glory for once!!

Oh yes Skaven!! Furry Squish things between toes!!

Yes definitely Skaven need an update, a massive one, Gloomspite and Slaneesh combined levels of updating. 

I just want to see cool Rat Ogors!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BaylorCorvette said:

I may be a bit biased since my favorite lore is Vampire/Soulblight but the Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon is one of my favorite Dragon sculpts from GW. Sure it isn't traditional fantasy dragon, being that it is dead and all but I love the idea of bringing a Dragon back from the dead to use as a mount / warrior beast.

I also love the zombie dragon. Though its actually a zombie wyvern despite its name. XD