The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Matrindur said:

Right Khorne got new Flesh Hounds + Karanak and two daemon characters later but I don't remember how much they got during the initial AOS release and which units where from the old world.

But if besides Khorne Slaanesh is the first to get their "2 Wave" it could mean we are now in a new phase of AOS releases and are  finally going to see new models for all the old armies that only got their initial release or nothing big at all since AOS started

With the exception of skullcrushers, scar bloodwrack, the chainswinging guys that other daemon guys rhat you can build out of them, that female killer and the exalted champion, everything that has the bloodbound keyword

5 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I somehow want more new models for DoK 😵
like a true Center Piece that is not Morathi (Giant Medusa?)

I am genuinely miffed that the Hydra/Kharibdyss isn't part of DoK. I remember last time I mentioned it I was shot down because of the male beast master. But now between the Shadowstalkers and the Doomfire Warlocks I feel that excuse is less convincing. I just think a (somewhat) serpentine monster from antiquity just really fits the aesthetic of DoK.

I am with @Neil Arthur Hotep on this one that is a pretty nondescript item. I personally assume it will be Slaanesh related simply because they have a ton of detail and ornamentation but in all honesty that could show up on practically anything and I will entirely have forgotten about this rumour engine simply because it is so vague. I think between this and the boot many of the Advent Rumour engines are harder to piece together than even typical rumour engines.

All of that aside long shot wishful thinking answer: poison vial for a new Clan Eshin model.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

I'd actually welcome DoK getting something that isn't a big snake. They've got that in Morathi; give the army something new to sink their teeth into. I tihnk that one big risk with some designs in armies is getting too caught up in niches. Everything ends up being a snake and steadily you dilute the actual interest. Add diversity within the faction too. 

A Basilisk would be neat; or shadow cats; or spear wielding aelves; or a dragon (yes there's always room for a dragon!); khinerai leader; khinerai heavy troops; a flight of pegasus riding aelves (yes harkening back to Morathi's old design but also opening up the idea of perhaps a non-elite or witch-aelf elite style cavalry) 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Overread said:

a dragon (yes there's always room for a dragon!)

I am actually somewhat surprised at the general lack of dragons in AOS. Off the top of my head Cities, FeC/LoN, SCE and Forgeworld options exist but excluding forgeworld that is only 3 kits. 

Then there are some pseudo-dragons: the Mawcrusher (chonky Wyvern), Dorghar (which is technically a mutant horse), and Magmadroths (which are pretty much wingless lava dragons).

Oh Dracoths are pretty cool and I think they should count. But I still feel we are overall lacking in dragons. I feel like Chaos dragons are iconic and should return and Lumineth not having access to dragons also feels strange. I am assuming that there will be a lot of Draconinc imagery and hopefully actual dragons in Malerion's army.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

To my mind that bottle-hanging apparatus looks a little similar to the prodder we saw in November. Similar janky nails and such.

I'm still undecided between that prodder being Destruction (gobbos) or Death/Undead... but I see the similarities of the nails now, might even be the same model

58 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

I'll cry if that won't be the case :D

I'll cry if they continue handling dragons like that. I don't want them just in Malerion's army and SCEs. I would've preferred dragons instead of giants as super-massive models for all armies. The SCE one looks pretty goofy with that weird pose though, so I hope new ones would be more like Smaug. But imagine how great new dragons could look nowadays! My hope is that they'll make an awakening of dragons storyline one day and we'll get kits that revitalize the dragon-love we had in Warhammer where most armies had one. 

• LOVE IT! 1

14 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I'll cry if they continue handling dragons like that. I don't want them just in Malerion's army and SCEs. I would've preferred dragons instead of giants as super-massive models for all armies. The SCE one looks pretty goofy with that weird pose though, so I hope new ones would be more like Smaug. But imagine how great new dragons could look nowadays! My hope is that they'll make an awakening of dragons storyline one day and we'll get kits that revitalize the dragon-love we had in Warhammer where most armies had one. 

+1

They also don‘t need to do classic dragons, AoS-Indy then more!

I was thinking about the lack of dragons in modern warhammer the other day actually. I think part of the problem is that GW didn't really update most of their dragons beyond the old metal/resin S shaped beasties of yesteryear. Whereas basically every other fantasy mini maker has been doing far better dragons for a while. Forge world had the best GW ones, but has discontinued several of them. The remaining ones like the Star Drake, and Magmadroth aren't quite your classic dragon. That really just leaves the Dark Elf dragon in cities to fill that niche, now that the High Elf one is gone.

Meanwhile Reaper and Nolzurs do lots of various designs, with far more interesting poses.

I really want to make an entire army of dragon riders, haven't figured out how to go about doing it yet though...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

The remaining ones like the Star Drake, and Magmadroth aren't quite your classic dragon.

To me, the Stardrake represents a pretty "classic" dragon look.  It's got giant wings, 4 limbs, big ol' tail, isn't shaped like Trogdor... what do you see missing from it?  I guess lore-wise it doesn't breathe fire, but other than that it's pretty darn dragony.  I'm genuinely curious because even the high elf ones you mentioned never really screamed "dragon" to me.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, willange said:

To me, the Stardrake represents a pretty "classic" dragon look.  It's got giant wings, 4 limbs, big ol' tail, isn't shaped like Trogdor... what do you see missing from it?  I guess lore-wise it doesn't breathe fire, but other than that it's pretty darn dragony.  I'm genuinely curious because even the high elf ones you mentioned never really screamed "dragon" to me.

To be fair I've never seen one in real life. The pose has always looked quite awkward to me, but no one I game with has one, so I've made no particular study of it. Looking at the images on the webstore properly I agree that its pretty dragonny, so am happy to retract my criticism!

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1