The Rumour Thread

47 minutes ago, Overread said:

Just a note as this is a pretty big addition to the Slaanesh forces the "more" might be GW phrasing that to mean more in a sense of a full rework of the models we already have - ergo a new battletome. Which even though the last one isn't that old, I'd not begrudge GW releasing considering how many new models they are adding to the army through this. 

i still think they are adding them via Broken realm like what they did with Ad mech and Engine Wars in PA, 

if a new edition comes out in summer i would think a new battletome would come after that

Edited by novakai

This one's face is interesting. I thought he was a bullgor at first. He has more of a protruding, chunkier bull-face like the bullgors than the flatter goat-face of the regular gors. He looks too thin to be a bullgor though and doesn't have tusks, so probably just the bull-face as it matches the Slannesh aesthetic similar to how Tzaangors have bird-faces.

image.png.46b721de4640dbee87afd3f00802fa8d.png

2 hours ago, FFJump said:

This one's face is interesting. I thought he was a bullgor at first. He has more of a protruding, chunkier bull-face like the bullgors than the flatter goat-face of the regular gors. He looks too thin to be a bullgor though and doesn't have tusks, so probably just the bull-face as it matches the Slannesh aesthetic similar to how Tzaangors have bird-faces.

image.png.46b721de4640dbee87afd3f00802fa8d.png

I have mentioned earlier in the thread: I personally think that Slaangors are Slaanesh corrupted Bullgors. I think that Tzaangors are Tzeentch's answer to traditional Gors and that when we get Nurgle and Khorne we will hopefully get an Ungor and Bestigor equivalents. I also want the warscrolls to not be a one to one but more in terms of compositionally they will reflect the more traditional gor archetypes but be more specialized.

I think that for the most part the God Specific Gors seem to fill a niche in the army: Tzaangors are a strong melee option for DoT and Slaangors seem a like they will be a little more durable than the more lithe followers of Slaanesh. 

I also really believe that Slaves to Darkness need to be able to take 1-4 units of Beasts into their army but they will only have access to God Specific beasts if the general has the appropriate mark (Starting general in the case of Ravagers). This is entirely for selfish reasons as I love Beasts and Chaos Warriors standing side by side and I think both factions need some help from one another.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 6

Yeah, now it feels pretty unfair to Nurgle and Tzeentch players. We (tzeentch) got one mortal kit and Nurgle has 2. Slaanesh now  has two riders (the vega-guys and the old kit), basic troops (which might share a kit) AND elite troops (dual kit). 

7 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I have mentioned earlier in the thread: I personally think that Slaangors are Slaanesh corrupted Bullgors. I think that Tzaangors are Tzeentch's answer to traditional Gors and that when we get Nurgle and Khorne we will hopefully get an Ungor and Bestigor equivalents. I also want the warscrolls to not be a one to one but more in terms of compositionally they will reflect the more traditional gor archetypes but be more specialized.

I think that for the most part the God Specific Gors seem to fill a niche in the army: Tzaangors are a strong melee option for DoT and Slaangors seem a like they will be a little more durable than the more lithe followers of Slaanesh. 

I also really believe that Slaves to Darkness need to be able to take 1-4 units of Beasts into their army but they will only have access to God Specific beasts if the general has the appropriate mark (Starting general in the case of Ravagers). This is entirely for selfish reasons as I love Beasts and Chaos Warriors standing side by side and I think both factions need some help from one another.

Going to guess the Pestigors being very much Nurgle Ungors to fill the gap of poxwalkers in AOS and match up with the Bloodreavers, Acolytes and now the Blissbards.

Khornate Bestigors is also just too much of a good thing to not really do?

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just now, Dreddships said:

Going to guess the Pestigors being very much Nurgle Ungors to fill the gap of poxwalkers in AOS and match up with the Bloodreavers, Acolytes and now the Blissbards.

Khornate Bestigors is also just too much of a good thing to not really do?

Yeah I completely agree. I am happy that the beasts fill a gap in the army it is a really nice way to create balance in a unique way that feels truly Chaosy.

3 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Yeah, now it feels pretty unfair to Nurgle and Tzeentch players. We (tzeentch) got one mortal kit and Nurgle has 2. Slaanesh now  has two riders (the vega-guys and the old kit), basic troops (which might share a kit) AND elite troops (dual kit). 

Tzaangors are Mortal and represent a healthy portion of the line and are my favourite Tzeentch models (very high praise indeed). Nurgle does feel a little bare bones relative to the rest though. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Neverchosen said:

Yeah I completely agree. I am happy that the beasts fill a gap in the army it is a really nice way to create balance in a unique way that feels truly Chaosy.

Tzaangors are Mortal and represent a healthy portion of the line and are my favourite Tzeentch models (very high praise indeed). Nurgle does feel a little bare bones relative to the rest though. 

Tzaangors are beastmen technically. Mortal = Humans. I expect at least one kit of armored tzeentchian wizard-warriors to make things fair now. 👿 A plastic Curseling and new Forsaken (come on, those fit Tzeentch) would also be good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MitGas said:

On the other hand, Slaanesh waited the longest and had the most uncertain future. It's great now, but pre-2019 was rough on Slaanesh.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Maybe they'll remove Bestigors and simply make the Khorngors the one elite choice?

I certainly hope not, that would make BoC completely useless without god-marked help.  They're already hurting as undivided and if Bestigors were removed as non-marked beasts, the BoC book would be utterly gutted.  No thanks.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Tzaangors are beastmen technically. Mortal = Humans. I expect at least one kit of armored tzeentchian wizard-warriors to make things fair now. 👿 A plastic Curseling and new Forsaken (come on, those fit Tzeentch) would also be good.

To be fair, humans are probably the hardest to work into Tzeentch, all things considered. AOS lore-wise has very much set up a 'if you're anyone who isn't red shirt, congrats, become a tentacle monster'.

At least with Slaanesh and Khorne there is not the little issue of 'you've levelled up, here is your prize - we turned you inside out"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

To be fair, humans are probably the hardest to work into Tzeentch, all things considered. AOS lore-wise has very much set up a 'if you're anyone who isn't red shirt, congrats, become a tentacle monster'.

At least with Slaanesh and Khorne there is not the little issue of 'you've levelled up, here is your prize - we turned you inside out"

Twin souls have shown that you can create some cool (imo) mutated mortal followers. I think some mutated Kairic Acolytes would actually be a cool elite unit choice. Maybe borrow some design choices from the Cypher Lord champion and give an extra arm or two and give the unit additional attacks. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

Not really IMO - there are "thousands" of Tzeentchian Warriors that are not heavily mutated in the lore. Yes, Forsaken would fit Tzeentch to a T but I look at guys like Egrimm Van Horstmann or Aekold Helbrass, who were very prominent and accomplished Champions of Tzeentch and had not a single (visible) mutation. 😎

16 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Not really IMO - there are "thousands" of Tzeentchian Warriors that are not heavily mutated in the lore. Yes, Forsaken would fit Tzeentch to a T but I look at guys like Egrimm Van Horstmann or Aekold Helbrass, who were very prominent and accomplished Champions of Tzeentch and had not a single (visible) mutation. 😎

I want Egrimm Van Horstmann back! Also Galrauch I think that they could have a wicked shared kit.

With a return of Sigvald is it likely or not to see a return of any other Chaos champions? I will admit that the End Times are a pretty big gap in my lore knowledge. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I want Egrimm Van Horstmann back! Also Galrauch I think that they could have a wicked shared kit.

With a return of Sigvald is it likely or not to see a return of any other Chaos champions? I will admit that the End Times are a pretty big gap in my lore knowledge. 

I don't think we'll see any of them back. :( Although they could make a rad dual kit out of Galrauch and Egrimm if you think about it...

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

On the other hand, Slaanesh waited the longest and had the most uncertain future. It's great now, but pre-2019 was rough on Slaanesh.

Plus, it means they aren’t shying away from bigger second releases, which is great news for everyone. 

Just nice to see a faction getting fleshed out like that. 

• Like 7

So what needs to happen for Slaangors to be usable in BoC? Clearly they will arrive after the Winter FAQ, and in a Slaanesh book I doubt there would be mention of BoC units, our best hope before the General Handbook 2021 would be a Broken Realms book figuring BoC as protagonists?

2 hours ago, alghero81 said:

So what needs to happen for Slaangors to be usable in BoC? Clearly they will arrive after the Winter FAQ, and in a Slaanesh book I doubt there would be mention of BoC units, our best hope before the General Handbook 2021 would be a Broken Realms book figuring BoC as protagonists?

They would just need the BoC and bray herd keyword on their warscroll, broken realm probably  updates the  Depraved drove battalion to allow Slaangors in them. 

4 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Plus, it means they aren’t shying away from bigger second releases, which is great news for everyone. 

Just nice to see a faction getting fleshed out like that. 

Is Slaanesh the first army to get 2 bigger waves of release during Age of Sigmar except Stormcast? So more than just a single Hero like during the Battletome cycle?

30 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I believe so.

Unless we count Khorne into the rangs of huge releases 

Right Khorne got new Flesh Hounds + Karanak and two daemon characters later but I don't remember how much they got during the initial AOS release and which units where from the old world.

But if besides Khorne Slaanesh is the first to get their "2 Wave" it could mean we are now in a new phase of AOS releases and are  finally going to see new models for all the old armies that only got their initial release or nothing big at all since AOS started

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1