The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I agree. Fimir are a rather unique concept and I hope GW will make an army of it. Also I want more Zoats (Thx Total War Warhammer!)

C7E49D62-003B-4EE0-95E8-E095FFBBE907.jpeg

Zoats might fit in with the Kurnothi... ? They look ace- I love the new models  [both the 40k and BB ones]. Funny how they are so sinister in 40k and aligned with "order" in AoS.

Looks identical to me, yeah.  I guess it's possible another mortal Slaanesh model could have a similar weapon,  but it definitely looks like a photo of the same piece in close to the same orientation.  Maybe there was a mix-up over what models had actually been revealed so far.

7 minutes ago, SilentSentinel said:

I think the new rumour engine is just the one of the revealed Twinsouls weapons if not very similar. Hopefully it's just really similar otherwise it's a tad disappointing that they'd use a rumour engine for something we've already seen.

Hide contents

mPBpwHAJWBMd4QCe.pngEnWyw8nXEAE7vVj?format=jpg&name=900x900

It has the same shades/highlights, weathering  (notches and scratches on the gem) It is the same model. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SilentSentinel said:

I think the new rumour engine is just the one of the revealed Twinsouls weapons if not very similar. Hopefully it's just really similar otherwise it's a tad disappointing that they'd use a rumour engine for something we've already seen.

Hide contents

mPBpwHAJWBMd4QCe.pngEnWyw8nXEAE7vVj?format=jpg&name=900x900

Ah shame that it's already been revealed. Plus side is we didnt wait a week for this one and there'll be another tomorrow!! 

• Like 4

Some things might have been made ages ago to different reveal orders. Eg the Christmas reveals might have been made months ago but more recent changes to the reveals might have happened. GW appears to be having trouble with some shipments from overseas so we could be seeing things earlier than normal to fill gaps. I suspect GW would have liked to tease Slaanesh stuff all the way to christmas and then BOOM big reveal. 

Instead we've had a few sneaks earlier on

Also reminder its 10mins or so until the Black Library event starts

I don’t think the Christmas reveal is solely going to be all Slaaneshi (maybe a good portion) by the fact advent rumor engine seems to be teasing the random stuff they going to reveal that day

Slaaneshi was probably was going to be reveal at what blood and glory was going be

2 minutes ago, shinros said:

Eh, kinda boring my opinion. I think we are finally seeing the knock on effect of losing Josh reynolds.

Both Strachan and Hinks are good writers and more stories about the Lumineth and Gotrek always welcome imo, so I dont think there is much to complain about yet    

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, LordAlpharius said:

Both Strachan and Hinks are good writers and more stories about the Lumineth and Gotrek always welcome imo, so I dont think there is much to complain about yet    

I think his point was more that out of the whole BL celebration AoS got 2 novels compared to 40K getting several (several of which are major series) and a new lore and art book (XENOS!). Ergo not that BL's offerings are bad, just that there's clearly an AoS lull. I'm also surprised they didn't get more into other upcoming stories that aren't major series, ergo more short stories, the next few months of reprints and new combined volumes for Old World and anything to do with the side games and such. 

Then again its likely not just Josh, its likely Corona causing all kinds of issues. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Overread said:

I think his point was more that out of the whole BL celebration AoS got 2 novels compared to 40K getting several (several of which are major series) and a new lore and art book (XENOS!). Ergo not that BL's offerings are bad, just that there's clearly an AoS lull. I'm also surprised they didn't get more into other upcoming stories that aren't major series, ergo more short stories, the next few months of reprints and new combined volumes for Old World and anything to do with the side games and such. 

Then again its likely not just Josh, its likely Corona causing all kinds of issues. 

Yup you nailed it. Right on the head.

Edit:In my opinion Josh was the major driving force for many of the AOS novels,  again, my opinion his stories weren't all that formulaic. 

Plus the overall lack of AOS novels is concerning, It's now obvious to me the big names don't want to touch it for some reason.

Edited by shinros
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Overread said:

Fair enough, but I think that is more due to Corona, 40ks flagship status and the release of the 9th edition than the departure of Josh Reynolds 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, shinros said:

Plus the overall lack of AOS novels is concerning, It's now obvious to me the big names don't want to touch it for some reason.

I think its more that Old World and AoS never had big series like the Siege of Terra or such that 40K has enjoyed. So we've got a lot of big names in 40K; but they've been in them doing those series for years now. Heck the new Bequin book is coming after an 8 year wait. 

I think its just a fact that Old World didn't have single big long running series with single authors behind it besides Gotrek and Felix. AoS has experimented a LOT and we've actually go ta much better than 40K representation of stories for pretty much every faction (although a few do show that there are some lore issues here and there with authors making mistakes/misinterpretations). I think AoS is getting a lot more newer authors and also more authors who are just new to the setting. Don't forget 40K has 30-40years behind it; AoS has 5 of which a good 2 or so were rather messed up and confusing years. 

7 minutes ago, Overread said:

I think its more that Old World and AoS never had big series like the Siege of Terra or such that 40K has enjoyed. So we've got a lot of big names in 40K; but they've been in them doing those series for years now. Heck the new Bequin book is coming after an 8 year wait. 

I think its just a fact that Old World didn't have single big long running series with single authors behind it besides Gotrek and Felix. AoS has experimented a LOT and we've actually go ta much better than 40K representation of stories for pretty much every faction (although a few do show that there are some lore issues here and there with authors making mistakes/misinterpretations). I think AoS is getting a lot more newer authors and also more authors who are just new to the setting. Don't forget 40K has 30-40years behind it; AoS has 5 of which a good 2 or so were rather messed up and confusing years. 

They don't need to write big series, single novels or loose connecting ones(like dark coil for 40k) can be written.

It's telling many of these big author names haven't really wrote any short stories to explore their ideas or how to use the setting.

I doubt the editors kick up much of a fuss with these authors. Still at the end of the day they are freelancers. Technically they don't have to write AOS if they don't want to. To me, it's just jarring to see a Black Library celebration and there are only two AOS novels.

Edited by shinros
  • Like 2