The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, xking said:

This Warhammer youtuber deserves more views. I have not seen anyone analyze models in depth like he has, He really makes you look at things in a deeper way.

https://www.youtube.com/c/TabletopTom/videos

I really enjoyed his video on Sigvald, thanks for sharing!

Given how important the release of Slaanesh is, plus the additional Slaanesh mortal releases, I wonder if Slaanesh will be one of the factions in a 3rd Edition starter set.

• Like 1

So Vasillac isn't a lord as such, he's something in the vein of a (former) Myrmidesh champion. Based on his rules, possibly the Myrmidesh have some sort of fighting style options? His Painbringer Shield seems identical to theirs but I see no rules there.

Interesting as well that the 'Deadliest Procession' rule seems to capitalise 'Sybarites'. I'm going to call it and say that that will be the name for the Hedonites mortals, equivalent to Rotbringers/Arcanites/Bloodbound.

Looking at the models, I like how the Lumineth all have travelling gear and bedscrolls.

Also page 2000, wowsers.

27 minutes ago, LoopyZebra said:

I really enjoyed his video on Sigvald, thanks for sharing!

Given how important the release of Slaanesh is, plus the additional Slaanesh mortal releases, I wonder if Slaanesh will be one of the factions in a 3rd Edition starter set.

Doubt it, they wouldnt risk saturation like that I don't think.

Malerion Elves vs ? is my strongest instinct. I predicted the Slaanesh arc about a year and a half ago more or less exactly, I'm pretty sure I know where it's going in the grand scheme of things and although Slaanesh is being released I dont think on the tabletop that is going to manifest itself beyond the Mortals and Hedonites for a while. Slaanesh is trapped but its followers aren't. The release will be big in the lore but along with Nagash it's been the main hype/teaser line for all of the second edition. They will introduce a new mystery patron questline for 3.

Pretty sure Malerion is going to pop up after the other Aelven deities are spent and Slaanesh is released. To do what- I dont know. Probably something with Sigmar though as hes been quiet for a long time. Most likely will coincide with Shadespire or AOS warhammer quest in Ulgu.

Then I expect some form of Grungni presence I think because over the next few editions of Shadespire Chamon and Aqshy have to come into play.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Enoby said:

They seem pretty good and give us a hint to the new warscrolls :)

image.png.1703a34374e028d6ee184427c0ddb52a.png

So initial viewing

Glissete weapon profile seems really good makes me think that the Glaves are special weapon like the one the Kairic acylotes where is one in three of them have it.

Slaangor guys profile seems crazy too and he has three wounds, he maybe a unit champion or Slaangors are going to be more elite then Tzaangors are

Bow attack if represent in a unit is decent, basically better Namarti reavers  with rend

3 hours ago, MitGas said:

And that's why you're the Neverchosen. Tzeentch second place... *angry rage-bird noises*

True, I follow the teachings of the great Slambo and his lesser disciples Belakor, Archaon and Crom! 😇

Tzeentch would be my top pick but I would rather not be horribly mutated even if I would be able to brag about reading Infinite Jest and Finnegans Wake at the same time with separate and equally pompous heads! However, between the Tzeentch Battleforce and a copy of Wrath and Rapture nearby I can easily be swayed into swearing false promises to the dark masters before becoming an adorable little spawn. 

35 minutes ago, novakai said:

So initial viewing

Glissete weapon profile seems really good makes me think that the Glaves are special weapon like the one the Kairic acylotes where is one in three of them have it.

Slaangor guys profile seems crazy too and he has three wounds, he maybe a unit champion or Slaangors are going to be more elite then Tzaangors are

Bow attack if represent in a unit is decent, basically better Namarti reavers  with rend

Judging by the base size I would assume that Slaangors will be more similar in profile than they would be to Minotaurs than any form of Gor. It is making me excited at the prospect that each god specific form of beast will parallel a different form of gor. For example, I can imagine Pesitgors being a cheap ungor styled unit as Nurgle mortals are more or less an elite army lacking in bodies. 

With this in mind I want my Slaves to Darkness to be able to use regular Ungors/Gors/Bestigors! 😈

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

HAPPY 2000 PAGES RUMOUR THREAD PATRONS!!

Glad to be a part of it 😎

Having got back into the hobby this year, discovering this forum and this thread in particular has been a great way to get hype about everything like I was 13 again. Cheers all! 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

Sadly it makes me dislike the Lumineth more and more :(
I don't want to uselessly complain though. Aesthetics and preferences can be a weird thing. For my part, I am not a Fan of the light side / dark side aesthetic they are going for. (Tassles and eerily similar Shields on the Myrmidesh and Vanari and now this. Hmm .. 
So, nothing against the Slaanesh Mortals I like them in principle - just would not collect them. (Knowing my weird Brain I probably will in 5 Yearsor so.)

Why would you dislike the Lumineth because of that? Those are similar designs in some way, but there is also a lot separating those two. If you look the armies on the table I doubt they'll look similar. And this will likely become more and more so, the more you'll see of the Lumineth. The Cathaller and Shardespeaker concepts seems very similar though, that's true. In a way it's pretty great, offers options for some interesting conversions. 

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Thaliontil said:

It can be my bias, but I think (and I love) that these mortals of Slaanesh look like the dark side of the Lumineth. This guy has a helmet that could easily fit with the Alarith...

In any case, stunning miniaiture. Can't wait to see the rest of the range!

Yes although since the Hedonites they've been really pushing the aelven aspects of Slaanesh, especially in the physiology. The Masque and associated demons are very reminiscent  of Aelven stuff, they dial in on the same more primal aelven aspect that the Tree Spites do for Sylvaneth, and the Nemarti. Sigvald could easily be an aelf too. Lot of shared themes between Slaanesh and the Aelven lines-lithe, muscular torsos, lots of hair, tall, dynamic poses, skirts and robes, horns, good gender representation, mutations between nature and Aelf. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Still remember the early days, and still wish this rumour would have been true.

On 4/20/2016 at 9:43 AM, The Jabber Tzeentch said:

Distant Rumours

Rumour: Fimirarch Meargh

Type: New sculpt Resin model

Date expected: 2016/2017

Contents: Single large female Fimir Hero

Source: Seen at Warhammer Open day 2016

Estimated cost: £40-50

Rumour: Fimirarch Priest

Type: New sculpt Resin model

Date expected: 2016/2017

Contents: Single Fimir Hero

Source: Seen at Warhammer Open day 2016

Estimated cost: £20-30

But honestly this thread is rad and I'm glad to be a part of it 

Edited by Grim Beasties
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

41 minutes ago, Grim Beasties said:

Still remember the early days, and still wish this rumour would have been true.

But honestly this thread is rad and I'm glad to be a part of it 

1 hour ago, Irvy said:

Glad to be a part of it 😎

Having got back into the hobby this year, discovering this forum and this thread in particular has been a great way to get hype about everything like I was 13 again. Cheers all! 

Yeah this is a wonderful community and very supportive. I particularly love this thread's ability to veer both on and off topic throughout a week, as it remains active when there is little news but tends to get back on topic the second there is a rumour engine or preview and people return to business as usual. I contribute to both ends but typically try and end my posts with something tangentally related to rumours or news.

For example: I am still very enamoured by the Slaanesh models and have to go stare at the Slaves to Darkness Underworlds Warband to clear my head.

In terms of speculation/rumours the new Slaanesh Model is going to have rules in Warcry so is it safe to assume we are still playing catch up due to the pandemic and the new Slaanesh models would have been released by now? If so would that mean a longer wait for our Halloween tease of Scarecrow Malerion?

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

12 hours ago, sandlemad said:

Yeah, this is a bad example because tons of people on this forum and elsewhere (correctly) interpreted this as referring to Sigvald. It was building on reference in the Malign Portents book all the way back in April 2018 to kharadron privateers plundering the 'Magnificent Mirror', "within which is trapped the vainest soul ever to have existed". Same mirror and those bones were the ill-fated kharadron. Whole thing made for a pretty clear-cut reference to Sigvald given his towering vanity and historic connection to mirrors, even if it didn't guarantee a new Sigvald model.

Given the lead in time on new models, it's actually likely that the reference was inserted in the book around the same time the first concept work was being carried out for the new Sigvald mini though.

I didn't question that people were speculation that the thing in the mirror could be Sigvald.

What i am saying is, that nobody would be able to predict a Sigvald Mini based on this or other small parts of text's i have read.

It's always easy after something happens, to interpret signs or connect dots.

If you guys are so great make a another prediction, which models come next and when, based on a short verse in a story

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Kurrilino said:

I didn't question that people were speculation that the thing in the mirror could be Sigvald.

What i am saying is, that nobody would be able to predict a Sigvald Mini based on this or other small parts of text's i have read.

It's always easy after something happens, to interpret signs or connect dots.

If you guys are so great make a another prediction, which models come next and when, based on a short verse in a story

I’m not sure what your point is. I believe what @UnholyRevenant getting at is that it’s interesting to see that they hide little references to things that they later build upon, not that they’re putting obvious clues stating that they’re coming out with.

The notion that the throw away lines occasionally become big things that we didn’t see coming. And the fun is that the lore blurbs we overlooked actually did foretell something grand that we had no way of seeing.

This is not predicting the future, but us going back and noticing the hidden breadcrumb trail which leads there.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Why would you dislike the Lumineth because of that? Those are similar designs in some way, but there is also a lot separating those two. If you look the armies on the table I doubt they'll look similar. And this will likely become more and more so, the more you'll see of the Lumineth. The Cathaller and Shardespeaker concepts seems very similar though, that's true. In a way it's pretty great, offers options for some interesting conversions. 

I can't really specify or make up my mind about that at the Moment, sorry. 
Maybe in another Thread about Aesthetics were people can deep dive into Miniature Design(s) etc.

For me it goes a bit into the direction of what @Nos said in the post below yours @LuminethMage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Nos said:

Doubt it, they wouldnt risk saturation like that I don't think.

Malerion Elves vs ? is my strongest instinct. I predicted the Slaanesh arc about a year and a half ago more or less exactly, I'm pretty sure I know where it's going in the grand scheme of things and although Slaanesh is being released I dont think on the tabletop that is going to manifest itself beyond the Mortals and Hedonites for a while. Slaanesh is trapped but its followers aren't. The release will be big in the lore but along with Nagash it's been the main hype/teaser line for all of the second edition. They will introduce a new mystery patron questline for 3.

Pretty sure Malerion is going to pop up after the other Aelven deities are spent and Slaanesh is released. To do what- I dont know. Probably something with Sigmar though as hes been quiet for a long time. Most likely will coincide with Shadespire or AOS warhammer quest in Ulgu.

Then I expect some form of Grungni presence I think because over the next few editions of Shadespire Chamon and Aqshy have to come into play.

I think Malerion elves are another year away- they are the mirror of Lumineth and I think GW will give them a bit of distance from the lumineth and start dropping more Malerion references in the build up. I actually expect/hope  Kurnothi come first- they see to be a bit more established in name drops, I think they'll be. smaller faction twinned with Sylvaneth, Malerion Elves will be a larger faction they will give serious time to. No idea about the possibility of new dwarfs/Grungni.. 

But hopefully Broken Realms will show us were they are going, its looking pretty exciting either way! I love how the Broken Realm books already seem to be adding much to the setting and I'm betting the Aelven hero spirits released [Aenarion] will play an important part.. [thats my guess to the return of Kurnoth..]

Funny how there are pretty much no rumours now bar what comes form GW... 

Edited by silverstu

14 hours ago, Enoby said:

They seem pretty good and give us a hint to the new warscrolls :)

image.png.1703a34374e028d6ee184427c0ddb52a.png

So Hadzu doesn’t have any melee attack at all, is there another unit/model like that?

and they specifically shout out Vasillac’s shield but then no rules for it.

odd. 🤔

Like a similar model, the bro with the bow from the Godsworn Hunt can use his bow to donk people over the head.

Edited by JPjr
  • Thanks 1