The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Still-young said:

I’m pretty sure those who didn’t realise it was a UK thing are pretty over it now, it’s the rest of us who keep bringing it up. 

Thinking about this cultural differences...

What huge differences must exist in the mortal realms? Do they even have a Christmas tree in Ulgu? And in Ghyran its trees that decorate a human two days before S-Mas  (S-Mas is what the cool kids call the Birthday of Sigmar).

• Like 4

This is what I love most about the Mortal Realms. Finding out about the cultures that live there and how the different natures of the realms themselves must impact that.

I remember reading a line somewhere (perhaps the core book) about Ulgu and how it doesn’t really have a distinct night and day, more a permanent state of twilight. I got to thinking how on earth a culture living in that environment would mark the passing of time, or even sleep properly! And then I thought how much more paranoid they would be and how much more insidious the realm would appear to a population living its entire life in a state of semi-sleeplessness / exhaustion. I get cranky after a bad night! No wonder they see things in the shadows and hear voices in the mists...

• Like 5

20 hours ago, BaylorCorvette said:

So the numbers are not in order (ascending or descending), and I cannot imagine a reason to have a random number board. I wonder if there is some sort of code here.

In Germany Advent Calendars are quite often not in order. I think it is that childen can search for the right door.

7 hours ago, Kyriakin said:

According to my laptop, today is 12/02/2020

I keep thinking its February, and I have to Groundhog Day through 2020 again...

So you have "mm/DD/yyyy" as your date pattern on your laptop. In our case we would write todays date 02.12.2020.

32 minutes ago, El Antiguo Guardián said:

Awaiting the new rumour engine...

When was the article release yesterday? I know that normally the Rumores Engine is quite early at 2 PM, but it's possible that we need to wait until 4 PM or so.

14 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Amazing... but aren't you scared of breaking your NDA!? In all seriousness I wish for even a hint of your skill!

I am in the very strange position of not caring for the idea of Vampirates and instead hoping for resplendent knights and noble counts with a blood theme, so I say bring them on. It would be one of the few things to get me to dabble in death!  I really want Grotbag Scuttlers to have a classic pirate theme though!

I am still also curious if we might get a reveal for something else on Xmas like a new Warhammer Quest or maybe an update for Kill Team? Of course it is to early to speculate now but I am just curious what would be along in the production line with COVID and all?

Thanks, I've always considered my skills average or slightly above average on a good day but this particular model I really enjoyed the conversion process and painting it up.

Like you I would strongly prefer noble counts with a blood theme but since GW seems to be all about protecting their IP it would make sense to me that they go in a unique direction for Vampires. 

13 hours ago, Jymmy said:

I have the feeling that the only thing that vampires are going to get is the underworld warband and that they will be kurnothed for the moment

That is my fear as well. Unless they are just doing a warband until AoS 3.0 comes out and then a new Vamp/Soulblight battletome follows. I don't know that I would want a new BT right before 3.0 is released. That is assuming that 3.0 is around the corner.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/12/02/watch-jakkob-bugmansson-spread-holiday-cheer-and-holiday-aethershot/

Found this video oddly cute. Made me think of "Klaus", but with more weapons. I don't think that there are any hints of future releases  here, but I found strange that the Lumineth warrior gets what looks like a Leviadon (and a chariot?) and that the Fyreslayer gets a KO ship. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Thaliontil said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/12/02/watch-jakkob-bugmansson-spread-holiday-cheer-and-holiday-aethershot/

Found this video oddly cute. Made me think of "Klaus", but with more weapons. I don't think that there are any hints of future releases  here, but I found strange that the Lumineth warrior gets what looks like a Leviadon (and a chariot?) and that the Fyreslayer gets a KO ship. 

Ok, I understand all now... Kharadron is OP to save the Christmas!

• Haha 2

Oh you ask me how this rumour engine is Malerion when we all know he is too busy living it up to read like a nerd! Obviously Felix did survive the end times, and not knowing where Gotrek was, began to document Malerion's various adventures through time and space and is part of Malerion's vast scenic diorama!

I think @JackStreicher is right on the money with the iconography but  when I saw the image I initially suspected Devoted of Sigmar. But I am not very up to date on 40k lore/iconography.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Thaliontil said:

I think the presents are nice, getting the family back together. Fyreslayers and Kharadron around the Forge, Lumineth and Idoneth around an... elven thing. 

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1