The Rumour Thread

30 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I think the factions that came into being shortly after the launch with SCE and Khorne desperately need more kits - e.g. Fireslayers, Ironjawz, Flesheater Courts, etc.

Outside of that we need a HUGE update to Seraphon, Skaven and then the mortal faction (whether that's CoS or something different is anyone's guess). 

Finally and MOST IMPORTANTLY we need a Tzeentch-marked Chosen/Warrior equivalent (with cool armor). Nurgle, Slaanesh and Khorne all got theirs. (Yes, I know this isn't important but then my collection would be complete) 😙. And a plastic Curseling. Way too cool model to have it in Failcast!

I agree, Fireslayers, Ironjawz, Flesheater Court, Sylvaneth and Kharadron Overlords all should get a Sacrosanct Chamber level release.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So the numbers are not in order (ascending or descending), and I cannot imagine a reason to have a random number board. I wonder if there is some sort of code here.

Either: 2, 7 16, 21, 20, 1, 6, 10, 9, 8, 3, 22, 17, 14, 15, 4, 13, 18, 12, 23, 5, 11, 24, 19 (read horizontally)  OR 2, 20, 9, 17, 13, 5, 7, 1, 8, 14, 18, 11, 16, 6, 3, 15, 12, 24, 21, 10, 22, 4, 23, 19 (read vertically). 

Maybe the pictures in a row with each other all go to the same model or army? OR maybe GW is just ****** with my OCD 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

So the numbers are not in order (ascending or descending), and I cannot imagine a reason to have a random number board. I wonder if there is some sort of code here.

Either: 2, 7 16, 21, 20, 1, 6, 10, 9, 8, 3, 22, 17, 14, 15, 4, 13, 18, 12, 23, 5, 11, 24, 19 (read horizontally)  OR 2, 20, 9, 17, 13, 5, 7, 1, 8, 14, 18, 11, 16, 6, 3, 15, 12, 24, 21, 10, 22, 4, 23, 19 (read vertically). 

Maybe the pictures in a row with each other all go to the same model or army? OR maybe GW is just ****** with my OCD 🤷‍♂️

I think it's just meant to resemble an advent calendar, not part of the Matrix 😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, BaylorCorvette said:

haha, I know. But every advent calendar I've ever seen has had the number is order, be it ascending or descending. Maybe it's the Matrix advent calendar.

Are you in the UK? Only ones I've ever seen here are random. They make you work to find that chocolatey treat. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

haha, I know. But every advent calendar I've ever seen has had the number is order, be it ascending or descending. Maybe it's the Matrix advent calendar.

Most advent calendars are in a mixed order. I’ve had chocolate ones all my life, and Lego ones for the last few years, and they’re always jumbled like this. 

9 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Rumour engine giving me serious Imperial Knight vibes, just the rim pattern reminds me of that named IK character's armour, plus the segmented foot plates is very knightly. 

I do wonder what that could be. 

Yeah, my initial gut reaction was maybe some kind of Knight pilot, but I don’t know really. The rim pattern is definitely reminiscent of imperial knights and AdMech stuff. 

18 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Apparently it is a UK thing. I'm in the U.S. too and have never seen an out-of-order advent calendar too.

It's a UK thing because advent calendars do it for kids so that there's an element of entertainment in finding each window to open. 

It's especially more entertaining when there's chocolate behind the window ;)

45 minutes ago, Overread said:

It's a UK thing because advent calendars do it for kids so that there's an element of entertainment in finding each window to open. 

It's especially more entertaining when there's chocolate behind the window ;)

It's always been out of order here in Canada as well. I didnt even know there were advent calendars that were not scrambled

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm actually so excited for a daily Rumour Engine!! Are we thinking 12 AOS and 12 40K related Rumours? 

There's Bloodbowl, AT, AN, Necromunda, and all the other side games as well.

It's could be something from eveything; it might be everything from one big new army release or something like that. We'll just have to wait and find out. 

3 hours ago, Sance said:

Yeah you are right, you have some quests that takes places underground using the catacombs rules

Isn't it annoying that they advertise a new campaign but to play that campaign buying one single book is not enough as now you need another booklet in an expensive box set? I’m not complaining about prices but the logic behind certain decisions. Don’t advertise it that way, how many people have the Catacombs rules? Legally of course

23 minutes ago, Overread said:

It's could be something from eveything; it might be everything from one big new army release or something like that. We'll just have to wait and find out. 

Well when they have big releases sometimes they tie the rumour engines with that release. Wasn’t there a full week of chaos rumour engines for the 40k chaos revamp?

Maybe they are teasing things that will be presented in the usual new year preview... one can only hope...

33 minutes ago, novakai said:

these model will probably be reveal really sooner rather the average wait time we get with regular rumor engines

Would be funny if they make a reveal on the 25th and the rumor enginees we got each day before were all for the models they end revealing this way.

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Oh I meant in broad terms, AOS would cover the base game, Warcry and Underworlds, 40K would cover the base game, Necromunda and Aeronautica.