The Rumour Thread

41 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

I’d love to collect seraphon as the big models hold up well I’d say from what I’ve seen. But damn the warriors and cavalry and heroes need a Necron style refresh. I hope that AOS gets done of that love it just seems to be countless new armies

My Zombies would love similar treatment.

These are apparently the prices for the new stuff. 
Warcry (note that the Death and Destruction  books are about half the page count of the other 2):

Tome of Champions 2020 £20 €25 $30 
Agents of Chaos £20 €25 $30 
Sentinels of Order £20 €25 $30 
Harbingers of Destruction £15 €20 $25 
Bringers of Death £15 €20 $25 

Sylvaneth £45 €60 $75 
Legions of Nagash £36 €47.50 $60 
Scions of the Flame £32.50 €42.50 $55 
Khainite Shadowstalkers £32.50 €42.50 $55 

Dice sets £16 €25 $30

Underworlds:

Direchasm £50 €65 $75 
Deckbox £8 €10 $12.50 
Tokens £12 €15 $18 

• Thanks 4

Whilst GW will push the prices, they also have to respect the fact that certain products fit certain price points. Pushing them too high will eventually end up with them pushing a product beyond its price market. Things like Direchasm are marketed not just to wargamers (people already hooked) but new people. It's why the price on Catacombs was such a shock to many because in theory its a product that should be marketed to that same market - new people. New people have a MUCH more limited budget because they are new and are not as keen to spend big amounts. You tease them in for less and then hit them with higher prices later once they are hooked. 

GW can't keep pushing the entry costs up else they end up like Old World used too - where the community defacto entry cost (2K army) was a significant barrier. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I do think they're on that track already for WHU (and definitely for AoS), given Shadespire and Nightvault were both £40, and Beastgrave was £45 at launch only a year ago(!) before going up to £50. I suspect it's more than the price increase times didn't align rather than that GW is taking a considered approach. Wouldn't be surprised to see Direchasm climb to £55 by autumn 2021.

Overall though that's still roughly within the "entry premium boardgame" price band for folks who aren't already into GW stuff. What's probably more meaningful is the increase in warband cost by nearly a third since Nightvault.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, SirSalabean said:

I’d love to collect seraphon as the big models hold up well I’d say from what I’ve seen. But damn the warriors and cavalry and heroes need a Necron style refresh. I hope that AOS gets done of that love it just seems to be countless new armies

Only daemons and posterboys(stormcast) can have new units in aos seems seeing these last 5 years since the release

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

29 minutes ago, Doko said:

Only daemons and posterboys(stormcast) can have new units in aos seems seeing these last 5 years since the release

New models have been created for nearly every race in AoS (baring some), and Stormcast haven't had a new model in quite a while. The only armies that have had two big releases are Stormcast (near the start of AoS), and Slaanesh (not daemons on the second run) - and Slaanesh was notoriously undersupported before this, to the point people thought they would be scrapped entirely. 

While I don't want another SCE release for some time to come, AoS is in a good place for faction representation, especially compared to 40k.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just to be sure I understood correctly, Tome of Champions 2020 will contain a way to use Catacombs rules but not the rules themselves and there is no way to see the rules outside of the Catacombs box set. Is that correct? Surprising they have not pushed the booklet as a stand-alone item since the warbands are now available... 

Or did I miss something?

36 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Just to be sure I understood correctly, Tome of Champions 2020 will contain a way to use Catacombs rules but not the rules themselves and there is no way to see the rules outside of the Catacombs box set. Is that correct? Surprising they have not pushed the booklet as a stand-alone item since the warbands are now available... 

Or did I miss something?

Yeah you are right, you have some quests that takes places underground using the catacombs rules

1 hour ago, Doko said:

Sylvaneth - Skaven - KO - Ogors - Gargants - Ossiarchs - Nighthaunt (they shared the big release with Stormcast); Gloomspite Gitz - Daughters of Khaine - Idoneth. 

And that's just off the top of my head. It's fine to be disgruntled that some armies you like have not had releases, but its one thing to be annoyed and another to be making up extreme arguments that aren't factual. It doesn't help anyone and in the end just comes off as being somewhat childish. 

Also a note this months GW Store coin is for Deathguard 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/12/01/new-in-stores-the-latest-miniature-of-the-month/

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

New models have been created for nearly every race in AoS (baring some), and Stormcast haven't had a new model in quite a while. The only armies that have had two big releases are Stormcast (near the start of AoS), and Slaanesh (not daemons on the second run) - and Slaanesh was notoriously undersupported before this, to the point people thought they would be scrapped entirely. 

While I don't want another SCE release for some time to come, AoS is in a good place for faction representation, especially compared to 40k.  

I think the factions that came into being shortly after the launch with SCE and Khorne desperately need more kits - e.g. Fireslayers, Ironjawz, Flesheater Courts, etc.

Outside of that we need a HUGE update to Seraphon, Skaven and then the mortal faction (whether that's CoS or something different is anyone's guess). 

Finally and MOST IMPORTANTLY we need a Tzeentch-marked Chosen/Warrior equivalent (with cool armor). Nurgle, Slaanesh and Khorne all got theirs. (Yes, I know this isn't important but then my collection would be complete) 😙. And a plastic Curseling. Way too cool model to have it in Failcast!

• Like 6