The Rumour Thread

On 11/28/2020 at 1:14 PM, Overread said:

I'm not surprised at the Necron - Indomitus made them insanely popular and there were many "I got the box for the book and marines, then I decided to keep the necrons too". So seeing that box sell out fast when its a very natural evolution point from Indomitus makes full sense. 

Also the content of the Box was a good composition: Warriors with the new Guns are something even older players look to build, the Scythe is a nice unit build buth ways, Immortals and Praetorians are also great units one can´t du much wrong with, especially as from the same kits one can build lychguards or deathmarks as well. Also the Spider is a unit many people like to play nowadays. Triarch Stalkers are also buffed by the new Codex. The only "weaker" unit is the cool new flying cryptek kit.

Edited by Charleston

It should be noted that the Warcry boxes are regular normal kits, the only unique ones are the new Daughters of Khaine and Scions of the Flame  - which is just the individual boxing for the models from the Catacombs boxed set.

Also note that those boxes are for Warcry and thus come with cards. Most of the other Warcry sets also got Age of Sigmar boxes, which for the Warbands for Chaos contained full sprue of models (double the content) for less than double the cost of the warcry box. Of course the AoS sets do not come with Warcry cards .

I wonder what the ToC2020 can contain that make it nearly half as good as the last one. I mean sure more narrative campaign stuff and rules for multiplayer games are welcomed but last ToC 2019 had, warband profiles, extra Chaotic beasts, advanced campaigns in addition to new Quests/challenges.. 

6 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Do Warcry book usually contain a lot of Lore? Or are they mainly rules?

Predominantly rules but the core book does get across a lot of atmosphere and character through, e.g. each faction’s campaign has a story running through it with details of each battle, like the Kharadron seeking a downed ship or the DoK hunting a renegade. Gives a good feel for the harshness of the Bloodwind Spoil.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rosa said:

Warcry was so awesome back then...

Somehow with the opening for all Models and alliances the game totally died for me and my local gaming group.

What a shame.

You can play it the way you want with your gaming group, basic rules and only warcry warbands. I think it should work very well. Aos warbands are just options.

I like the additional stuff they release. The sylvaneth warbands ist great, but could be hard to get only a couple dryads. I hope IDK get a good box too.

Is it possible the new slaanesh mortals are in the GA book before they got released?

1 hour ago, Gaukler said:

You can play it the way you want with your gaming group, basic rules and only warcry warbands. I think it should work very well. Aos warbands are just options.

I like the additional stuff they release. The sylvaneth warbands ist great, but could be hard to get only a couple dryads. I hope IDK get a good box too.

Is it possible the new slaanesh mortals are in the GA book before they got released?

IDK start collecting is great for Warcry

Heads up the Black Library discount ebook for this next period is GHOULSLAYER

https://www.blacklibrary.com/series/gotrek-felix/ghoulslayer-ebook-2019.html?

Yep the full epic ebook is only £3 on BL website - that's the first full length novel of Gotrek's adventures in the Mortal Realms where he enters the Realm of the Dead (specifically because he wants to have a little "chat" with Nagash...)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1