The Rumour Thread

Just now, Overread said:

Hope so. I was on the fence about getting the Tyranid or Necron ones, but in all truth I've a huge backlog of both to build so seeing them vanish out of stock so fast makes the choice for me. Plus I know that they'll appear again for something - another run of Apoc sets or a midyear set or next christmas 

I was on the fence about them as well but the tzeentch one was to good to past up. 

Just now, El Antiguo Guardián said:

Distrito Zero makes 25% discount on GW preorders. They have international shipping.

I bought one gloomspite box and one tzzench box for upcomings proyects. 2k € spend this month on GW, I think I will die.

Sounds like you're ready to get snowed in for a few weeks/month and keep yourself busy. Just make sure you've got enough glue!

• Like 1

Just now, Ogregut said:

I was on the fence about them as well but the tzeentch one was to good to past up. 

I was tempted by Tzeentch too but then I realised the only thing I really wanted was the greater demon :P  That and I'm not sure what he'd do in an army of Slaanesh!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Overread said:

Sounds like you're ready to get snowed in for a few weeks/month and keep yourself busy. Just make sure you've got enough glue!

Yes!! I´m from Cantabria (north of Spain), and the goverment was doing some vouchers for the local people. So lot´s of extra discounts. But Xmas and the discounts are a great opportunity for buying cheap models. I finished my Deepkin, Khaine girls, LON (for the next battletome... I want a new army not my old VC one) and more. More or less:

2x Pain and Shadow

3x Idoneth Start collecting

2x LON Skeleton Start collecting

1x Idoneth BR box

1x Cities BR box

1x Chaos BR box

1x Indomitus

1x Gloomspire Battleforce

1x Tzeench Battleforce

1x Teclis

1x Lumineth spearmen

2x Grave Guard

1x Idoneth Turtle

So I have projects for all 2021 haha But you kno that I´m always preparing new armies for gaming. My problem Is that I´m living in Madrid for work so...

But everything will come togheter so I promise a photo for the big order.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, GenericEdgyName said:

Ok now I'm sad. Didn't even realise you can already order them and they're gone. And obviously it's the one I wanted. There is still some hope in independent retailers or local stores, but I kind of feel like my dream is dying. Very dissapointed GW once again failed to deliver enough to meet demand

The webstore updates 10am in your region on Saturdays, for future reference.

I'd definitely look at/ring up your independents and local stores since with AoS stuff being less sought after you might be able to bag one today.

8 hours ago, Ogregut said:

I'm suprised it took as long as 30 mins. 

And I belive Indomitus holds the record for fastest sell out or maybe the sisters box set. 

There are still some online stores with stock, managed to bag a tzeentch one from goblin games. Wanted a Lord of change for ages! 

The Christmas Battleboxes are usually around for a while - not this year of course. The only one you really need to be quick on the draw with are the (Primaris) Space Marine ones and even then, you've usually got a few days via the official webstore (versus a few hours on independents). The non-Primaris 40K ones usually last anywhere from a few days to a whole year - they were still selling 2017's Genestealer Cult and Ork boxes for over a year and Slaves to Darkness I think took even longer.

This year probably suffered from their reduced production, coupled with the sheer number of people desperate to buy anything GW due to lockdowns meaning there was less reason to actually sell bundles when people were happily gobbling up individual boxes.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

8 minutes ago, Overread said:

https://www.triplehelixwargames.co.uk

Appears to have stock of the Tzeentch and some others- but its vanishing fast

Thanks man.

Managed to sort one out as well as a Gloomspite one for my partner.

Looks like I'll be in the good books on Christmas now

They seem to have stock of all of the AOS and 40k ones except the Necron one if anyone else is still hunting for one before the scalpers start slapping them on Ebay for £200

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dreddships said:

Thanks man.

Managed to sort one out as well as a Gloomspite one for my partner.

Looks like I'll be in the good books on Christmas now

They seem to have stock of all of the AOS and 40k ones except the Necron one if anyone else is still hunting for one before the scalpers start slapping them on Ebay for £200

You and @Ogregut right? ;)

11 minutes ago, El Antiguo Guardián said:

Golden Sun was the GBA/DS game(s). Amazing RPGs.

WAIT THERE'S NEW GOLDEN SUN RUMOURS?!????

And yes the first two games on the Gamboy Advanced were awesome and a pair of perhaps the best games on the whole handheld ever made. The DS sequel wasn't as good nor well made I felt (I hated the whole :):( reply system they had going on too). 

• Like 2

For some reason I thought the battleforce boxes (particularly the Gitz one) would be $120.  Expecting that might be ludicrous but atm it's $200+ on Amazon, all with a 3-to 5-week delivery time to America lol.  

Any chance we'll see the 2020 battlehere in america before Xmas?  If so what are the odds I could still get one for ~$150?

7 minutes ago, Dingding123 said:

For some reason I thought the battleforce boxes (particularly the Gitz one) would be $120.  Expecting that might be ludicrous but atm it's $200+ on Amazon, all with a 3-to 5-week delivery time to America lol.  

Any chance we'll see the 2020 battlehere in america before Xmas?  If so what are the odds I could still get one for ~$150?

The Battleforces were $210 usd. Most of the boxes had an effective ~35% discount on the individual components retail. 3rd parties usually offer 15% discount so best you could have expected is ~$180. However, they sold out in most places very quickly...

9 hours ago, Dingding123 said:

Check out www.warhamer-irepairs.co.uk as they do international shipping which takes about a week usually. 5% off all stock at the moment too. 

18 hours ago, Ogregut said:

https://warhammer-irepairs.co.uk/collections/new-releases/products/battleforce-disciples-of-tzeentch-fatesworn-host

Another store with stock, no discount on these but worth checking the black Friday sale section out. 

Huge thanks for the mention! Had lots of links through to the site from this, which has opened us up to this great community I hadn’t even heard of! 👍 

• Like 2