The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, TheR00zle said:

Too be fair the grotbag scuttles have also appeared in the Gloomspite Gitz book, and a few other books, so those are less of a meme and more of a tease.

yeah i would put more stock on Grotbag Scuttler since it both an actual name drop by GW and they constantly mention in the fluff.

things like grot who decided to live in the oceans, steam golem automatons, chaos worshipping duradin, armored chaos gargants. i would put less stocks on 

I’m going to be quite disappointed if all the soulblight-ish minis and all the rusty beat up weaponry are all related to two beastgrave warbands. And if history shows us anything, odds are their AOS warscrolls are going to be ******.

It would be really nice if the beastgrave and AOS content providers got together and came up with warbands that filled missing niches in their related armies. For example morgoks Krushas. Three generic Orruk brutes, what a wasted opportunity. Perhaps give us a named foot boss brute character, or perhaps a seargeant that could be inserted into a brute squad. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, novakai said:

yeah i would put more stock on Grotbag Scuttler since it both an actual name drop by GW and they constantly mention in the fluff.

things like grot who decided to live in the oceans, steam golem automatons, chaos worshipping duradin, armored chaos gargants. i would put less stocks on 

To be fair though the automatons and chaos duradin have also been getting more mentions. I do think a majority of things like this are more to give hobbyist inspiration for projects, but as with Sons of Behemat, anything is possible.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, novakai said:

The chaos dwarfs have a higher stock than the scuttles, I count three battle times and at least two books mentioning.

10 hours ago, Gothmaug said:

And if history shows us anything, odds are their AOS warscrolls are going to be ******.

Inevitably but they'll be getting run as generic vamps in my lists, the same as the NH crew adding a bit of variety to my chainrasps. 

11 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Disciples of Tzeentch box sold out on the webstore after some thirty minutes. I guess we can expect to see a lot more boys in blue on the tables soon.

Ok now I'm sad. Didn't even realise you can already order them and they're gone. And obviously it's the one I wanted. There is still some hope in independent retailers or local stores, but I kind of feel like my dream is dying. Very dissapointed GW once again failed to deliver enough to meet demand

I cannot wait for that vampires!!!!!!! New Golden Sun rumours, and now Soulblight... 2021 will be an amazing year. I just need to finish my second novel and I will fell in love with that year if everything is true.

So I hope we got new models, more than a warband, maybe like this new full slaanesh release: they got the warband and the full army, and they will mix them with the other Hedonites. The rules? Probably on a broken realms tome. I hope we can have the same: new army list on a BR and wait until 3.0,; or just new models with warscrolls updates for LON and new battletome on 3.0.

Everything will be good.

Ok so I knew they'd sell out fast - but that was FASTER than ever before. As noted physical stores and 3rd parties will have their own stocks. Somethings things that have sold out of the GW store for months are still found regularly in the 3rd party and retail stores. We also don't know if GW is going to do any reprint runs or such since this year is very abnormal for them and us in terms of what they can stock 

16 minutes ago, Overread said:

Ok so I knew they'd sell out fast - but that was FASTER than ever before. As noted physical stores and 3rd parties will have their own stocks. Somethings things that have sold out of the GW store for months are still found regularly in the 3rd party and retail stores. We also don't know if GW is going to do any reprint runs or such since this year is very abnormal for them and us in terms of what they can stock 

I'm suprised it took as long as 30 mins. 

And I belive Indomitus holds the record for fastest sell out or maybe the sisters box set. 

There are still some online stores with stock, managed to bag a tzeentch one from goblin games. Wanted a Lord of change for ages! 

I'm not surprised at the Necron - Indomitus made them insanely popular and there were many "I got the box for the book and marines, then I decided to keep the necrons too". So seeing that box sell out fast when its a very natural evolution point from Indomitus makes full sense. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Haha, hopfully someone here got a copy if they wanted it. 

Hope so. I was on the fence about getting the Tyranid or Necron ones, but in all truth I've a huge backlog of both to build so seeing them vanish out of stock so fast makes the choice for me. Plus I know that they'll appear again for something - another run of Apoc sets or a midyear set or next christmas