The Rumour Thread

17 minutes ago, Svalack said:

I really wouldn't assume it means anything for AoS. People were saying there would be a darkoath army release since malign portents and the darkoath warband for shadespire.

In fairness, Darkoath 'kind of' got their release by proxy of the War Cry boxes and Slaves to Darkness. It's not a stretch to assume the ancient Marauder models will get an update at some point which will cover the Darkoath bases.

It's probably fair to guess a Soulblight army is coming at some point, given Legion of Blood Exists, it's just that an Underworlds warband is absolutely no confirmation it'll be anytime soon.

Presumably the very-obviously-Ossiarch Rumour Engines will be solved when their warband is shown too. I think there's still some oceanic ones not covered by the Krakeneater too?

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, BrownDog said:

image.png.175bf98b70ccae001e6d30bc58ae0df9.png

I want to be the very best,
Like no skink ever was.

To catch them is my real test,
To chain them is my cause!

I will travel across the realms,
Searching far and wide.
Each soul to understand
The power that's inside!)

SERAPHON!

Gotta catch em' all!
It's you and me,
I know it's my destiny!

SERAPHON!

Oh, you're my best friend,
In a realm we must defend!

SERAPHON!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 16
  • LOVE IT! 7

Called it, we'll have a Soulblight Vampires Warband for Underworld :P😍:P

... I guess 2-3 Vampires Lords / Ladys each armed with rapiers and such ? ... 

Then Bonespliterz or SPIDER FANGS ? And Ossiarch / Idoneth, great : it fits with all the Rumor Engines we've had so far !

It ALSO means the Sigmarite Rumor Engines are either for AOS proper or Warcry :D (or maybe a new AOS WHQ) !

Glad to have them all in the next 6 months !

• Like 3

I know their Facebook page doesn't have loads more info than we do sometimes, and that this is a pun, but I'm hoping the new models (if they do really exist and we don't have another case of 'Ossiarch Wall') are revealed soon

Screenshot_20201127-160431_Facebook.jpg

Edited by Enoby
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 minutes ago, xking said:

What do you guys think the end of forbidden power means for broken realms?

(end of FB)

Well, FB spawned Ossiarch Bonereapers which spawned Wrath of the Everchosen. 

The "military might of Hysh" line also kinda spawned Lumineth Realm-Lord. 

And FB first mentioned Gordrakk and the Siege of Excelsis story arc, so there is still that :) 

1 hour ago, lare2 said:

What am I looking at here? Anyone know what these symbols are? Also, that silhouette, the sword... anyone think it could be a rapier? Same as the ones rumoured? 

underworlds (2).jpg

I'm guessing March is vampires, April is something orruky (Bonesplitterz?), May is obviously Ossiarch Boneyboys and June is probably Idoneth?

Edited by BlooDeck

41 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

In fairness, Darkoath 'kind of' got their release by proxy of the War Cry boxes and Slaves to Darkness. It's not a stretch to assume the ancient Marauder models will get an update at some point which will cover the Darkoath bases.

That's a bit revisionist history though.  Here on the forum we changed the name of the thread discussing the faction from "Slaves to Darkness" to "Darkoath/Slaves to Darkness" because we all knew that any day now they were going to scrap the old Chaos Warriors and Knights and make a new faction led by the Darkoath Warqueen, and all the models would have keywords CHAOS, MORTAL, DARKOATH and that would be the new army and the old warriors/knights would be relegated alongside goblin wolf riders and dwarf warriors.

Collectively we were, unequivocally, wrong about Darkoath.  Nothing that ever came after made us even a little bit more right about Darkoath, it was a swing and a miss from the prognosticators.

(And we had  a LOT more evidence for the potential of Darkoath than we have for some other things people "know" are coming haha)

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

Well cool. That's guaranteed Soulblight for WHU so. While I agree that there's no guarantee that this means a Soulblight AoS army is on the cards, we have seen quite a few obviously vampire swords. WHU warbands since Nightvault tend to be pretty heterogenous in terms of their equipment and a vampire warband would probably be fairly low on numbers, so I think one or more of those swords could still be for AoS or another non-WHU kit.

Kixi Taka looks cool.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Well, FB spawned Ossiarch Bonereapers which spawned Wrath of the Everchosen. 

The "military might of Hysh" line also kinda spawned Lumineth Realm-Lord. 

And FB first mentioned Gordrakk and the Siege of Excelsis story arc, so there is still that :) 

I know that,  but clearly it's hinting at far more.

36 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I know their Facebook page doesn't have loads more info than we do sometimes, and that this is a pun, but I'm hoping the new models (if they do really exist and we don't have another case of 'Ossiarch Wall') are revealed soon

Screenshot_20201127-160431_Facebook.jpg

Interestingly enough, this has now been deleted (the original comment that is). Tinfoil hats at  the ready...

• Like 7

Also how good is that 'The Price of Treason' short story? At the risk of crowing a little, it's cool to see the obvious angle of embittered Anvilgardian loyalists setting themselves against the new power of Har Kuron being taken up by the studio.

‘You side with humans?’ she spat, pressing down against the corsair’s throat. ‘Against your own kind?’

‘My fate is mine alone to decide,’ said Trask, face twisted as he tried to break her grip. ‘And I’ll have no part of the Shadow Queen’s delusions.’

[...]

‘But I don’t understand. Why—’

‘Because not every aelf of Anvilgard wants a part of this madness,’ said Trask. ‘And because there are those of us in the Scourge fleets who know not to mistake a mask of benevolence for the serpent’s face beneath. Take up your weapons. There is a great deal of killing to be done.’

Hell yeah. That's more than enough for anyone with an Anvilgard army to build on.

• Like 12

Warning, heavy seraphon fanboying ahead

OH MY GOOOOOOD! New seraphon models and by Sotek, they're glorious. I loved the chameleon but the priest is even better. I also feel like he's a callback to the old tehenhauin model and I love it. Interesting how they pointed out that his orb/pokeball will have "major implications" for direchasm, I hope it means they'll develop underworlds lore more. I hope that the rest of the warband consists of a kroxigor, a saurus (both of which I really want to see reimagined with modern sculpts) and maybe an additional skink. It's honestly kind funny that this warband makes me more excited than the battletome or realmshaper engine.

As for the rest of the warbands I'd guess Vampires, ogres (as much as I'd love it to be some form of insects, somehow I can't see it happen), and obviously ossiarch and idoneth. So basically rip wallet (for the hundredth  time)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

Warning, heavy seraphon fanboying ahead

OH MY GOOOOOOD! New seraphon models and by Sotek, they're glorious. I loved the chameleon but the priest is even better. I also feel like he's a callback to the old tehenhauin model and I love it. Interesting how they pointed out that his orb/pokeball will have "major implications" for direchasm, I hope it means they'll develop underworlds lore more. I hope that the rest of the warband consists of a kroxigor, a saurus (both of which I really want to see reimagined with modern sculpts) and maybe an additional skink. It's honestly kind funny that this warband makes me more excited than the battletome or realmshaper engine.

As for the rest of the warbands I'd guess Vampires, ogres (as much as I'd love it to be some form of insects, somehow I can't see it happen), and obviously ossiarch and idoneth. So basically rip wallet (for the hundredth  time)

I really think they will go the 2 warbands route for seraphon like with Ironjawz meaning this will be a Skink only warband and a saurus one will be coming in a later season. For this one I expect another normal skink and maybe a Terradon/Ripperdactyl? Has there been another medium sized model like them before in another Warband, except Mollog?

• Like 1

I am just loving the new Skink and that the next few Warbands to be unveiled are some of my favourite factions!! Cannot wait to see what AOS Vampires look like and I'm assuming Bonesplitterz is next!! This is looking like an incredible next few months for Underworlds!! Best season yet dare I say.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

I really think they will go the 2 warbands route for seraphon like with Ironjawz meaning this will be a Skink only warband and a saurus one will be coming in a later season. For this one I expect another normal skink and maybe a Terradon/Ripperdactyl? Has there been another medium sized model like them before in another Warband, except Mollog?

well judging by the roadmap, its probably not going to happen this season.

i think this Skink warband is going to be similar to Zarbag and other horde warband, where it most a lot of little dudes.

12 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Honestly that would make me even happier, more warbands, more models

Although I don't think a flying creature would be logical in cave environments. Kroxigors are kind of feel a connectio with skinks, but now that I think about it, salamanders and razordons also dorely need a new model and are connected with skinks, but that eould probably make for a warband with too much of an emphasis on shooting. So in the end I'm still believing (and frankly, hoping) for a kroxigor and a normal skink or two

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lare2 said:

What am I looking at here? Anyone know what these symbols are? Also, that silhouette, the sword... anyone think it could be a rapier? Same as the ones rumoured? 

underworlds (2).jpg

Can I just say. With that voluptuous hair, two blades, arrogant sword on shoulder pose.... I think House Esher is joining the fray. 

Direchasm is a Necromunda housing block. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GenericEdgyName said:

Honestly that would make me even happier, more warbands, more models

Although I don't think a flying creature would be logical in cave environments. Kroxigors are kind of feel a connectio with skinks, but now that I think about it, salamanders and razordons also dorely need a new model and are connected with skinks, but that eould probably make for a warband with too much of an emphasis on shooting. So in the end I'm still believing (and frankly, hoping) for a kroxigor and a normal skink or two

I too believe and hope that it is a Kroxigor.

• Like 1