The Rumour Thread

Releasing a new DoK tome now would be an unbelievable ****** thing to do. I don't think it's going to happen, someone probably just ticked the wrong box on the website.

Expanding the current armies seems like a good place for GW to focus now, I'm assuming they will want to keep up the rapid release schedule of the last couple of years and you can't really justify doing that when you have nothing new to bring to each faction. At that point they'd just be churning the game for its own sake and I doubt they are that stupid.

It will probably be a mix of campaign books, new factions and big refresh/expansions like we are seeing with Slaanesh.

1 minute ago, zilberfrid said:

Interesting. Is Morathi a full replacent of that BT? I didn't think so.

It's not in any way a full replacement. 

What we could be seeing is local stocks running out with GW not planning to order more stock - hence it going out of stock. This might be a result of Corona - ergo GW might have expected to be further along the release line by now.

12 minutes ago, Overread said:

It's not in any way a full replacement. 

What we could be seeing is local stocks running out with GW not planning to order more stock - hence it going out of stock. This might be a result of Corona - ergo GW might have expected to be further along the release line by now.

Or in January we will receive a double battletome (Slaanesh + Daughters)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

I understand all that but try and hear me out on this one.

Take for instance Seraphon. Lizardmen players kept their models and got new lore, and now are starving for a reamke of really outdated models, like the Saurus on Cold ones.

And now for the new models, Seraphon are now Spanish Conquistador Badgermen. You see, they arent reaaaly lizardmen anymore, they are Seraphon so we decided to redesign then. Oh, by the way, we squatted the older line. All the 40 kits, but hey, here is 5 new ones! What, arent you Seraphon players happy? You wanted new models, right? Cmoooom dont get attached to old stuff, embrace the new!

Sure, some people love our new Badger Overlords, but the people that came for the Dinossaurs now are gona listen

"Well, you gota let it go"

"See, they arent LIZARDmen anymore"

"Well the Slann have really bad memories, that is what the kinda remember now"

"They are still Seraphon, if you look at it, Mole Riders are clearly a callback into Saurus on Cold ones, they even have spears!"

And the worse part? They will listen it from a lot of HYPOCRITE players who play armies that are pretty much Warhammer Fantasy stuff remade as it was, pretty much like the new Chaos Warriors.

"The armies i dont play, i want inovation! For mine i just want modern models. "

(By the way GW, please give Seraphon some new non badger related models)

Honestly if they do remake Dispossed I'd love to see them ride Giant Moles...

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

37 minutes ago, mojojojo101 said:

Releasing a new DoK tome now would be an unbelievable ****** thing to do. I don't think it's going to happen, someone probably just ticked the wrong box on the website.

War of the Spider, the Death Guard's equivalent of BR (Psychic Awakening) only came out... what, three months or so ago? And now they'll be getting their codex in a few weeks. So there's definitely a precedent for them having no problem releasing a codex with the supplement rules baked in only a short time after the latter released.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

6 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

War of the Spider, the Death Guard's equivalent of BR (Psychic Awakening) only came out... what, three months or so ago? And now they'll be getting their codex in a few weeks. So there's definitely a precedent for them having no problem releasing a codex with the supplement rules backed in only a short time after the latter released.

I was kinda sticking my fingers in my ears and hoping to ignore Death Guard what with them seemingly getting new rules in a campaign book announced right after a new codex aswell.

AoS does seem to just about seem to avoiding 40k's worst tendencies, gotta just hope that continues i guess.

38 minutes ago, mojojojo101 said:

I was kinda sticking my fingers in my ears and hoping to ignore Death Guard what with them seemingly getting new rules in a campaign book announced right after a new codex aswell.

AoS does seem to just about seem to avoiding 40k's worst tendencies, gotta just hope that continues i guess.

Don't forget they're getting stuff in a Crusade book as well - content siphoned off into three separate books? Come on GW.

My concern is that Wrath of the Everchosen appears to have been AoS' Vigilus and now Broken Realms is AoS' Psychic Awakening. If they're attempting the same strategy with AoS as 40k, it wouldn't be unfounded that we started seeing Day 1 DLC books for future Battletomes in 3.0. Hopefully GW keep trying to make AoS the more accessible of the two, but if they think they'll make more money off a smaller playerbase buying everything (whales) than a lot of players buying a few things, I could see them ditching that strategy. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

I don't think there will be any new battletomes now before 3.0 in the summer. We're likely going to see all the major factions get some kind of greater or lesser rules update in these books to keep them ticking over until the new battletome in 3.0.

Honestly as an Idoneth player let me tell you the last thing you want is to be a battletome released just before the new edition.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thiagoma said:

I understand all that but try and hear me out on this one.

Take for instance Seraphon. Lizardmen players kept their models and got new lore, and now are starving for a reamke of really outdated models, like the Saurus on Cold ones.

And now for the new models, Seraphon are now Spanish Conquistador Badgermen. You see, they arent reaaaly lizardmen anymore, they are Seraphon so we decided to redesign then. Oh, by the way, we squatted the older line. All the 40 kits, but hey, here is 5 new ones! What, arent you Seraphon players happy? You wanted new models, right? Cmoooom dont get attached to old stuff, embrace the new!

Sure, some people love our new Badger Overlords, but the people that came for the Dinossaurs now are gona listen

"Well, you gota let it go"

"See, they arent LIZARDmen anymore"

"Well the Slann have really bad memories, that is what the kinda remember now"

"They are still Seraphon, if you look at it, Mole Riders are clearly a callback into Saurus on Cold ones, they even have spears!"

And the worse part? They will listen it from a lot of HYPOCRITE players who play armies that are pretty much Warhammer Fantasy stuff remade as it was, pretty much like the new Chaos Warriors.

"The armies i dont play, i want inovation! For mine i just want modern models. "

(By the way GW, please give Seraphon some new non badger related models)

You are totally exaggerating though. They are still elves. They didn’t change them into bull people. That’s why your Lizardmen comparison doesn’t really make sense. You don’t like the style of the Alarith, that’s fine (or sad), but fundamentally there’s no difference at all. Before they wore helms which associated lions, dragons etc., now you have a few units which do the same with bulls. You ignore all the cool stuff they did, the rules, the background, the looks of the other units, which again is fine, but at some point what you are doing seems a bit unfair. And Lumineth aren’t the only ones which got re-designed, you have KO, OBR, FEC (if you want to be mean), wood elves, and some armies haven’t got new models. Which one is better, is just subjective. 

I can understand the initial reaction, if you don’t like the association with bulls, yaks, cows or whatever you want to call them. But calling them “garbage” etc. is just uncalled for. 

Btw. Sigvald got horns in his update : ). And the new models, besieges Sigvald aren’t just remakes either. They are new, and I’m sure not every Slaanesh player likes the freaky faces, or walking around with golden Drukhari helmets. Nor does everyone love their demon models. 

I agree though with your point on the HE range. If they make that many visual changes, why not keep most the old stuff around in CoS like they did for other factions? Likely to induce buying the new stuff, or my guess, that we’ll see more of the Lumineth pretty soon, but who knows. 

• Like 13
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

War of the Spider, the Death Guard's equivalent of BR (Psychic Awakening) only came out... what, three months or so ago? And now they'll be getting their codex in a few weeks. So there's definitely a precedent for them having no problem releasing a codex with the supplement rules baked in only a short time after the latter released.

This is the whole reason I'm holding off from buying the Broken Realms books (despite being incredibly interested in them, and hearing amazing things about "Morathi.")

I own a lot of armies, and if a book releases that adds amazing content to certain ones among them (looking at you Beasts of Chaos) I might give in and pick it up. That said, I'm fairly confident that if I just exercise a little restraint and wait a little, I'll be able to pick up a brand new Battle Tome that will cover all those new rules and then some.

• Like 1

Another thing to have in mind is that Australia has problems getting stuff lately, multiple of the new releases took way longer to release in Australia or are still not available there.

I still think DoK will get a new book but it doesn't have to be soon could just be that GW thinks they won't be able to get more of the current Battletome over there in the next few months so they just put it on OOP even thought the new book could be half a year away just because they think its  not worth it to restock again in a few months just to replace it again a month later

Edited by Matrindur

45 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Likely to induce buying the new stuff, or my guess, that we’ll see more of the Lumineth pretty soon, but who knows. 

I have said this on numerous threads but Lumineth are literally the first army (beyond Stormcast chambers) that I have seen that has an update pre-built into it with Tyrion hanging out on the sidelines with his martial forces of Hysh. I really love the animistic worship of nature personified into animal spirits it is really clever and I hope it carries forward. I think that Tyrion's forces using a horse motif would be neat but I also want a return of dragon princes and they would obviously worship dragons. Also the animistic worship of elements can all feature a related animal e.g. they possibly pair: Mountains - Cattle, Seas - Horse, Sky - Dragons, Light - Gryphons.

Also, it is fairly easy to proxy old High Elves into the range. I am desperately trying to convince a friend to sell me his unpainted 6th Edition high elves and I am simply going to use the Spearmen as Wardens, Archers as Sentinels, Swordmasters and White Lions as Stone Guards and any Cavalry as Dawn Riders. I believe he has Tyrion who I will honestly consider using as Gotrek (Malhandir has gotten slow over the years). Yes I know, there isn't a 1/1 for every unit but the upcoming underworlds kit is indicating that Tyrion will at least bring back Swordmasters. I would also gladly include the new models despite the changes in aesthetic including the likely shift in scale that has occurred across all of GW's lines lately.

Sadly he seems unwilling to part with the army after all these years, despite never painting it or using it. 😢

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

As dumb as this sounds i was really excited to start a mortal focused army based around these guys, but the more I thought about it the more i compared them to blades of khorne and now I’m just excited to keep going with my blades of khorne! Still though, very excited for the Slaanesh players out there who have been waiting to use mortals that aren’t just marked s2d units!

P.s. The one thing that I feel Slaanesh has over khorne is  having a Syll’Esske...esque type character that encourages mixing mortals and daemons - would love to see that for khorne, whether its simply an army mechanic or a character special rule!

Edited by Pathies
Misspelling

If anything, I think one of the more exciting aspects about this previewis what’s to come for Slaanesh. We’ve seen glimpses of the Slaangors and other bits. But like Arcanites and Blades, I’m we get peculiar heroes, more cavalry and maybe some beasts or monsters in the future. I really hope we see the return of the Boob Snake, even if it’s slapped with Pg stickers on each boob. Something new, like Khogorath but Slaanesh would be cool, something maybe inspired by old Realm of Chaos models but given a new role within Aos, as the Slaangors have been.

I think Slaanesh is going to be greatly rewarded for it’s patience. 

9D2DF45A-6B2C-4264-BDFB-16ED6B4506F9.jpeg

9C6D1895-A364-41B5-8BBC-D262D6603947.jpeg

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 3

The horns are meant to represent Slaanesh, The dark prince has the same type of horn-style, it's actually blessing he gives out narrative wise and it's an actual mutation in black crusade (40k) table top. 

Realm of Chaos 2nd edition

15611_sm-Artwork,%20Chaos,%20Copyright%2

AOS

4fercivik8z01.jpg

Edited by shinros
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Overread said:

I foresee GW pushing more and more books until a threshold is hit and complaints get loud enough that they dial it back for an edition adn then steadily resume it all over again. 

Campaign Books, Endless Spells and Dual boxes/Limited release models are clearly GW's DLC model by now, a way of setting up a seasonal hype cycle for an already existing product. There will be more of this sort of stuff, not less, for the foreseeable future,so long as it sells 

9 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Wonderfully insightful post, but all I care about is derpy chibi Khorne!

I love that the other gods fit my vision of the them and then there is silly puppy faced Khorne trying so hard to intimidate.

Indeed! These pictures are pretty accurate considering we got an updated version of tzeentch for AOS. As you can see GW seem to be sticking to their classical designs from realm of chaos. The reason why I personally like Sigvald's horns? Because now he looks somewhat close to slaanesh, I think that was the intention, since he is the adopted son of dark prince according to his background. 

450px-Tzeentch_Almighty_01.jpg

Edited by shinros
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

16 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Wonderfully insightful post, but all I care about is derpy chibi Khorne!

I love that the other gods fit my vision of the them and then there is silly puppy faced Khorne trying so hard to intimidate.

Yes! It looks really silly but I love it - I’m not sure that it’s meant to actually be khorne, but the picture from the 3.5e chaos space marines codex was always how I envisioned him!

Edited by Pathies
Picture wasn’t working
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, shinros said:

Indeed! These pictures are pretty accurate considering we got an updated version of tzeentch for AOS. As you can see GW seem to be sticking to their classical designs from realm of chaos. The reason why I personally like Sigvald's horns? Because now he looks somewhat close to slaanesh, I think that was the intention, since he is the adopted son of dark prince according to his background. 

450px-Tzeentch_Almighty_01.jpg

That is a beautiful piece.

I mean I have less lore specific reasons for loving Sigvald's horns they just look majestic as hell.

I also love the idea of seeing named characters reach Demon-Princedom. I hope for a return of more characters in a similar vein if 40k can get their Primarchs at least give us some legacy characters with some demonic flair! I still think Demon Prince Galrauch or Egrimm van Horstmann would make the ultimate army centre pieces of all time (they could even be alternate builds of a single kit)! Also Demon Prince Slambo, would be the most powerful champion of all, but a 3000 pt model would be fairly unusable for most games.

I am also interested if the Horned Rat can give followers blessings?

@PathiesI think I know the image and it is really amazing. I tend to subscribe to the notion that the Gods manifest corporeal form and thus will look slightly different to various followers and cultures. As such I am assuming Khorne dog* is the manifestation to get people less into the whole violence shtick like myself to join.

*Khrone's new official title

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1