The Rumour Thread

Really love all of the new Slaanesh stuff!

I've got a (perhaps too optimistic feeling) that we might have quite a bit more from this release. Just judging by very blurry shots in the background, I can see a few things that seem good for Slaanesh. It looks like two Slaangors (makes no sense for them both to be the same Underworlds model), a single hero of some sort on the steps (maybe a caster? Very hard to tell), and what might be a much larger model behind everyone (though this is incredibly difficult to work out).

Screenshot_20201122-000320_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20201122-000247_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20201122-000157_YouTube.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

They also spilled the tea that Sigvald is, in fact, Slaanesh‘s offspring (Newborn). At some point Eddy Eccles called him a Demi-God. :)

Heard him but you sure that was what Eddie meant? I mean Sigvald is cool, but from Morathi book the newborn appear more dark and sinister, from what little we know.  At least thats what I thought. Was kinda hoping the newborn to be more of a realm breaker thing similar to the Necroquake and not just the release of another celebrity mini.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, novakai said:

well i agree with everything here except for the Slaughterbrute (sorry Teclis you where just too awkward as a model in the end)

Yea, I tried to concentrate on models that are just completely dated, rather than recent sculpts that many people didn't think hit the mark.

However, to my eye, Teclis was just too bad to not include. Also, I guess the Slaghterbrute and Razorgor are just about recent enough to sort of fit into that category for me, too.

FWIW, I don't hate the current Blood Knights, but everyone else seems to (or is it just the price?)

Edited by Kyriakin
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, sandlemad said:

The Twinsoul heads are kind of growing on me. I can see the intent, the broadening and smoothing out of the face making something quite inhuman. It doesn't always land but even where it's funny looking, like this dude, it has a certain creepy, sweaty, giggling, psychopathic charm. Looks like someone who'd cut himself while staring at you, grinning, before going for the kill.

1091016181_Screenshot2020-11-21at21_26_04.png.a81eff16c1fd42ba0be83bcbd5f6a664.png

I think the colourscheme will be able to do quite a bit for these dudes and dudess. Whenever I get around to paint one, I will get rid of the cat eyes and make the skintone more tormented to look at. Maybe even add a few selfinflicted face cuts.

I found their faces quite silly but I felt the same with most of the Bonereapers heads untill I actually got to hold one in my hands. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

To me personally it evokes the feeling of celebrities who chase beauty with such zeal (or perhaps excess?) that their tightened, botox-filled faces start to look unnerving. Thematically that would fit Slaaneshi mortals well!

It also means you'll never run out of names for them, however many you collect.

2 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

I think the colourscheme will be able to do quite a bit for these dudes and dudess. Whenever I get around to paint one, I will get rid of the cat eyes and make the skintone more tormented to look at. Maybe even add a few selfinflicted face cuts.

I found their faces quite silly but I felt the same with most of the Bonereapers heads untill I actually got to hold one in my hands. 

That might be the worst sculpted of the faces – the rest capture the intent described here much better, IMHO. That said, I think a blue/purple paint scheme on the faces will go a long way towards crossing the uncanny valley.

2 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

As someone who struggles with painting eyeballs, I think if I got high resolution pictures of any of my minis they’d all have cat eyes... honestly if i can get the cat eyes looking in the same direction and not googly I am more than satisfied

RE: the demon faces - I thought they looked weird this morning, but now they’ve kind of grown on me. I think they are disturbing enough, and are unique compared to other chaos sculpts in that they are just a touch of normal but also grotesque.

Edited by Ggom
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Enoby said:

Really love all of the new Slaanesh stuff!

I've got a (perhaps too optimistic feeling) that we might have quite a bit more from this release. Just judging by very blurry shots in the background, I can see a few things that seem good for Slaanesh. It looks like two Slaangors (makes no sense for them both to be the same Underworlds model), a single hero of some sort on the steps (maybe a caster? Very hard to tell), and what might be a much larger model behind everyone (though this is incredibly difficult to work out).

Screenshot_20201122-000320_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20201122-000247_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20201122-000157_YouTube.jpg

There is also something on a base just to the left of the 2 slaangor, and in one of the shots you can see 2 archers

I see Sigvald and Chaos Warriors redone and it makes me more angry with GW about the ****** that is Lumineth.

Dark Elves got to keep their models and now new lore going and High Elves got squatted and replaced by freaking garbage cows.

Look at this new models! People are excited, people are happy! Sigvald is not wearing a @#%¨& racoon hat! Chaos Warriors are not half fish!

It is just stuff people love redone with modern tecnology!

If they were going to take a ****** at High Elves they could have had the courtesy of keeping the old subfactions in CoS!

/rant off

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 3

9 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

I see Sigvald and Chaos Warriors redone and it makes me more angry with GW about the ****** that is Lumineth.

Dark Elves got to keep their models and now new lore going and High Elves got squatted and replaced by freaking garbage cows.

Look at this new models! People are excited, people are happy! Sigvald is not wearing a @#%¨& racoon hat! Chaos Warriors are not half fish!

If they were going to take a ****** at High Elves they could have had the courtesy of keeping the old subfactions in CoS!

/rant off

Calm down, I think Lumineth are cool. But I agree, there was no good reason the high elf stuff was thrown out when they keep the dark elf stuff.

Edited by xking
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, xking said:

Calm down, I think Lumineth are cool. But I agree, there was no good reason the high elf stuff was thrown out when they keep the dark elf stuff.

You and others are free to love Lumineth. I am happy for you. 

But it drives me insane to listen from the "spiritual sucessor " and the "embrace the new"  crowd  while they play with their confortable modern take of stuff they enjoy. 

I am the kind of guy that for instance dont play Slaneesh but i am excited for those who do. I really hope for Wanderers and Dispo players to get cool armies as well. 

But oh boy GW dropped the ball with High Elves and now what is left is to hope that Tyrion  and co wont look stupid.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

50 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

But it drives me insane to listen from the "spiritual sucessor " and the "embrace the new"  crowd  while they play with their confortable modern take of stuff they enjoy.

Tomb Kings players know this feeling (re: OBR).

Ever considered running Phoenicium, with the WHFB kits (and maybe a sprinking of LRL counts-as)?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kyriakin said:

Tomb Kings players know this feeling (re: OBR).

Ever considered running Phoenicium, with the WHFB kits (and maybe a sprinking of LRL counts-as)?

I do. I have been playing Phoenix Temple and former Order Draconis since AoS 1.0! I also know about the usual proxing Elves on CoS, but is a shame that the lore of Dragon Princes taking order Vanguard as an elite force or the Eldritch Council is gone and wont move foward like the new Dark Elves cities. 

Anyways thanks for the positivity 🙂

Ps: i also used to have a Tomb Kings army lol Gw have it personal on me.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ggom said:

As someone who struggles with painting eyeballs, I think if I got high resolution pictures of any of my minis they’d all have cat eyes... honestly if i can get the cat eyes looking in the same direction and not googly I am more than satisfied

RE: the demon faces - I thought they looked weird this morning, but now they’ve kind of grown on me. I think they are disturbing enough, and are unique compared to other chaos sculpts in that they are just a touch of normal but also grotesque.

Try Micron pigment pens.

Grey line for the white of the eyes, dot with a 0.45mm coloured pen, dot with a 0.2 mm black pen. The pupils will be round.

As for the faces, I think they fit perfectly. They have a Kenneth Copeland or Cher-like "off-ness" about them.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

/rant off

Calm down. I think the new Slaanesh models look awful as well. Sigvald has 1$ base, spaghetti hair and stupid horns. Also the flow of the cape is horribly done. The golden dudes.. too many details, Santa's elf shoes and they have no focus point at all, nothing to look at. On the other hand,  put on the faces and you can't unwatch the horror - not that they look scary, but rather make you feel if this is the pinnacle of miniature design, perhaps there are some other normal hobbies like mountain biking or guitar playing, where you actually get good feelings instead of abysmal hatred. :D

I still liked the models though.

Edited by marke

4 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

/rant off

High Elf guy here.

I really like the Lumineth. Cows included. The Spirits of the mountain are super cool.

• Like 11
  • Sad 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

/rant off

men i love the way GW is doing these non tolken style stuff. I feel with al these whfb years of the same stuff with a newer look got super boring after a while.
im playing from 5th edition and im super glad GW is going outside the normal bounderies for stuff. I love the cows and the lumineth look. I would be a bit dissapointed if GW did just regular high aelves who are snobs with the same old stuff like we had a million times before. I hope when tyrion comes he doenst come with dragons and another basic stuff i want stuff that i couldnt think of myself and fits the mortal realms. Ey this is coming from a guy who played bretonnia's for all his pre AOS life ;)

For me kharadron overlords, idoneth deepkin and even this take on slaanesh is something i like. I can understand that people dont like these faces but i love it for the psychic wierd stuff it is. Its creative and fits the name of the models. Somethings ugly is a good thing. 

Just a feeling but something people just need to learn to let go of some old stuff and go with the new flow of things and think a bit outside of there own box. Took me 2 years to get used to stormcast and had to bury my whfb love. But once you let go of the old stuff you learn there is place for newer vibes and views of models we know for years. 

I hope i make sense :) 

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Juicy said:

men i love the way GW is doing these non tolken style stuff. I feel with al these whfb years of the same stuff with a newer look got super boring after a while.
im playing from 5th edition and im super glad GW is going outside the normal bounderies for stuff. I love the cows and the lumineth look. I would be a bit dissapointed if GW did just regular high aelves who are snobs with the same old stuff like we had a million times before. I hope when tyrion comes he doenst come with dragons and another basic stuff i want stuff that i couldnt think of myself and fits the mortal realms. Ey this is coming from a guy who played bretonnia's for all his pre AOS life ;)

For me kharadron overlords, idoneth deepkin and even this take on slaanesh is something i like. I can understand that people dont like these faces but i love it for the psychic wierd stuff it is. Its creative and fits the name of the models. Somethings ugly is a good thing. 

Just a feeling but something people just need to learn to let go of some old stuff and go with the new flow of things and think a bit outside of there own box. Took me 2 years to get used to stormcast and had to bury my whfb love. But once you let go of the old stuff you learn there is place for newer vibes and views of models we know for years. 

I hope i make sense :) 

I understand all that but try and hear me out on this one.

Take for instance Seraphon. Lizardmen players kept their models and got new lore, and now are starving for a reamke of really outdated models, like the Saurus on Cold ones.

And now for the new models, Seraphon are now Spanish Conquistador Badgermen. You see, they arent reaaaly lizardmen anymore, they are Seraphon so we decided to redesign then. Oh, by the way, we squatted the older line. All the 40 kits, but hey, here is 5 new ones! What, arent you Seraphon players happy? You wanted new models, right? Cmoooom dont get attached to old stuff, embrace the new!

Sure, some people love our new Badger Overlords, but the people that came for the Dinossaurs now are gona listen

"Well, you gota let it go"

"See, they arent LIZARDmen anymore"

"Well the Slann have really bad memories, that is what the kinda remember now"

"They are still Seraphon, if you look at it, Mole Riders are clearly a callback into Saurus on Cold ones, they even have spears!"

And the worse part? They will listen it from a lot of HYPOCRITE players who play armies that are pretty much Warhammer Fantasy stuff remade as it was, pretty much like the new Chaos Warriors.

"The armies i dont play, i want inovation! For mine i just want modern models. "

(By the way GW, please give Seraphon some new non badger related models)

• Like 8
  • Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Daughters of Khaine battletome no longer available in Australia.

Edit: Broken Realms doesn't make any sense to me now. 🤣

GW has become quite addicted to short term lore+rule update books ;) 

That said you're right it is sold out not just out of stock. Which is quite surprising, pleasing, worrying and concerning and curious. All at once because it wasn't in the last preview so a replacement isn't "close" but must be close enough. I wonder if this means there's more in the pipeline for DoK considering the focus on them right now. It might explain why we still don't have any points for the new Warcry Warband. 

At the very least I'd hope if there is a new tome then the warcry warband will get its individual box release. After that honestly there aren't any big updates DoK need as an army right now; a few niggles about people wanting a few stat boosts on snakes and such; but broadly speaking the army works and is in a good place. Though this might be when DoK gets Endless Spells and perhaps terrain too. 

Personally I'd like to see a few more units, perhaps a Witch Aelf mounted; some kind of magical shadow beasts; perhaps take the spear aelves off the cauldron kit and make them into an elite guard type unit; a return of the mighty repeater bolt thrower (and perhaps the shadowfire thrower mentioned in one of the short stories) 

1 minute ago, Aeryenn said:

Something really wonderful crossed my mind. Do we finally witness THE second wave for AoS armies (Stormcasts excluded)? Slaanesh is the first army that received two updates with units other than single heroes. 

Well we knew it would happen for most armies at some stage and GW can't keep adding new armies over and over. With a few we still know of as near certain (Malarion, Soulblight) there's still a lot of armies in the game. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Something really wonderful crossed my mind. Do we finally witness THE second wave for AoS armies (Stormcasts excluded)? Slaanesh is the first army that received two updates with units other than single heroes. 

Been thinking about it but i am not quite sure if it is a second wave or if it will have a different keyword. Like followers of Slaneesh but with a diferent creed or something.

4 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

I hope so. I want Tzeentch armored units - sorcerer-warriors or a plastic Curseling. We did get great stuff but this aspect of Tzeentch is sorely lacking as of now.

6 minutes ago, Overread said:

GW has become quite addicted to short term lore+rule update books ;) 

That said you're right it is sold out not just out of stock. Which is quite surprising, pleasing, worrying and concerning and curious. All at once because it wasn't in the last preview so a replacement isn't "close" but must be close enough. I wonder if this means there's more in the pipeline for DoK considering the focus on them right now. It might explain why we still don't have any points for the new Warcry Warband. 

At the very least I'd hope if there is a new tome then the warcry warband will get its individual box release. After that honestly there aren't any big updates DoK need as an army right now; a few niggles about people wanting a few stat boosts on snakes and such; but broadly speaking the army works and is in a good place. Though this might be when DoK gets Endless Spells and perhaps terrain too. 

Personally I'd like to see a few more units, perhaps a Witch Aelf mounted; some kind of magical shadow beasts; perhaps take the spear aelves off the cauldron kit and make them into an elite guard type unit; a return of the mighty repeater bolt thrower (and perhaps the shadowfire thrower mentioned in one of the short stories) 

Well we knew it would happen for most armies at some stage and GW can't keep adding new armies over and over. With a few we still know of as near certain (Malarion, Soulblight) there's still a lot of armies in the game. 

I think we are going to have 4 BR books and one of each protagonists are gonna to receive a new battletome.