The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, Doko said:

They are slanesh daemons who cares the details. Im not complaining that a specific lodge of fyreslayers didnt get nothing per example.

Daemons are daemons and i get that slanesh isnt khorne,but slanesh daemons or mortals?its the same slanesh

Slaanesh players have been waiting a really long time for mortals.  The rest of the Chaos pantheon has pretty robust mortal ranges. Let them enjoy their releases.

Saying that Slaanesh doesn't need new releases because other Chaos factions have plenty of choices would be like saying "Fyreslayers don't need more models (which they desperately do) because the Kharadon range exists" or "Deepkin shouldn't get anything because Daughters of Khaine got a new hero this year."

I know it's a bummer than the Cities of Sigmar factions have gotten essentially nothing, but it doesn't make other factions releases into the game any less noteworthy and useful.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

I like the Slaanesh stuff, but I can’t say I love it. Treebeard though is just stunning, maybe because he’s one of my favourite Tolkien and lotr film characters, but I genuinely punched the air and shouted in joy when he came on screen in the preview. Chuffed for all you depraved Slaanesh followers  though, I might nick some of your Beastmen  though when they come about, in the meantime Fangorn’s got my attention for some  time. 

5F063CDF-A9BA-4AEB-875C-0C7A1903492F.jpeg

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

As far as I can tell, these glorious and beautiful slannesh models don't solve any of the rumour engines. 

I was about to comment the same. How crazy is it that the rapier that made everyone think Sigvald might come back didn't even make an appearance?

Another thing I noticed while checking the rumor engines again, thoigh (probably already known):

2020-07-28.jpg

2020-09-22.jpg

These two include the same style of ruined pillars. Until now I thought that bird would Death and the paw would be something else. No idea what to think now.

• LOVE IT! 1

I have to say that all of my lovely Slaanesh excitement is coming down, as I start realizing what the new models will likely cost... 😓

Luckily my Slaves to Darkness can fill the gaps as/if I slowly build up a faction. Although I keep imagining that in the next edition they will change the Slaves to Darkness and God Specific alliances to be closer to the Cities of Sigmar 1/4 which might put a damper on me using these new models to build my Chaos forces into a cohesive whole... I should tell myself to stick to Slaves to Darkness... 

But I know I will be tempted by these particularly if Slaangors get a full unit as @Beliman indicated.

Edited by Neverchosen

Just now, Aeryenn said:

I'm sorry to say this but deamonettes to me are probably the most ugly models in whole aos range. The first thing Slaanesh needs is a new battleline. Slaangors are a good way to go. Not a new elite unit presented today. Although their armor is cool.

Going by the Slaangor from Underworlds, they look fairly elite too. Although they could still be battleline. 

1 hour ago, Doko said:

They are slanesh daemons who cares the details. Im not complaining that a specific lodge of fyreslayers didnt get nothing per example.

Daemons are daemons and i get that slanesh isnt khorne,but slanesh daemons or mortals?its the same slanesh

I even build my own Slaanesh chaos warriors because I loved the Slaanesh mortal heroes. 
but dropped out because After that, there isn’t much more.

mow I get beautiful models but almost more importantly I get rules that fit the lore. Regardless of if their good or not that gets me back into the faction. 
because daemons and mortals are not the same, I assume. Just like it’s very different to play kairic acolytes, horrors or tzaangor. Or reavers vs blood letters. Or blight warriors vs plaguebearers. 

and good of you not to complain. But you would be happy if they released new models and spiced up the gameplay. Maybe fire lizard cavalry 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Step 9 - 10 is a bit like

9054588F-D500-4D52-A858-14710E8C6730.jpeg

Haha, it's true, but I guess it also shows how much of a difference the final stages of adding pure white edge/dot highlights and glazing with yellow ink make

The full link is here for anyone looking to draw their own  **** owl

http://razzaminipainting.blogspot.com/2016/07/non-metallic-metals.html?m=1

11 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

I'm sorry to say this but deamonettes to me are probably the most ugly models in whole aos range. The first thing Slaanesh needs is a new battleline. Slaangors are a good way to go. Not a new elite unit presented today. Although their armor is cool.

That’s why the old sculpts sell for over 10 euro per model 😂

24 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Step 9 - 10 is a bit like

9054588F-D500-4D52-A858-14710E8C6730.jpeg

You read my mind XD

_______

On a different note, I had the same initial reaction to the twinsouls heads as everyone else, but having thought it through a bit I kinda like them. They are definitely in that uncanny valley territory where they are close enough to human to make their wrongness genuinely unsettling. That makes them difficult to look at, but isn't that the point? They could have totally beautiful human faces or totally alien and horrific daemon faces and either of those would be pretty easy to look at because they look like we expect them to. These faces are somewhere in between, which fits the lore perfectly.

I hate them, but at the same time I kinda think they are exactly as they should be.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Kramer said:

That’s why the old sculpts sell for over 10 euro per model 😂

You know. Opinions differ. If there is anything that's holding me from starting a Slaanesh army, it's those ugly faces of Slaanesh deamons. I was hoping for some cool corrupted nobility for Slaanesh mortals' battleline.

627a0471f0fc7dfc6ec243eda4f38007.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just now, Aeryenn said:

You know. Opinions differ. If there is anything that's holding me from starting a Slaanesh army, it's those ugly faces of Slaanesh deamons. I was hoping for some cool corrupted nobility for Slaanesh mortals' battleline.

627a0471f0fc7dfc6ec243eda4f38007.jpg

Daemonette's are supposed to look grotesque 

I'll be very honest, I'm not a huge fan of the current Daemonettes either. That said I love the new helmeted infantry, the Slaangor (assuming the look anything like the one in Direchasm), and the newish Fiends are amazing. Combine that with I can use Chaos Warriors in the list? That's pretty darn appealing to me. Whether or not I take the plunge is debatable, because I really don't have time for army level games.

• Like 1

So the new Slaanesh mortals are exactly the esthetic I like and have been trying to recreate for the past years. And it seems there will be more. 
they didn’t say anything about when they will be released though? Probably beginning next year... also not clear how it ties in with broken realms. Allthough obviously it ties in with the newborn. 

So I only recently joined this community and I'm here to share my opinions nobody asked for! 😅

Just as I decide to start collecting tzeentch (btw my 8th army, only one being above 1k points) those gorgeous slaneesh models get released. Why. I'm already poor enough. The myrmidesh guys look so amazing, might be my favourite infantry models released in a long time. The twinsouls aren't as good, but cool too. Kinda surprised they're made from the same kit, considering recent monopose trend and also just how different they look. Would probably leave you with quite some extra bits, which is always good. I don't mind the twinsouls' faces, they kinda creep me out, as they are meant to do. One thing I don't necesarrily like is the horns on Sigvald, not everything chaos needs those to show how evil it is. Would probably cut them of if I were to buy him. As for the rest of the range, I'd guess it'll be archers/spearmen dual kit based on whu warband, slaangors, magician hero and maybe a big centerpiece, tho I somehow doubt that as we had new keeper of secrets not that long ago. 

S2D warband also looks awesome and the sorcerer continues the great trend of giving nice alternatives for not-so-great older models. Still, was hoping they'll show more of Seraphon warband, but I guess this preview was mostly chaos oriented.

Overall, please GW, focus on more space marine codexes so I can stop spending money and reduce my backlog

• Like 4

1 hour ago, novakai said:

fantasy rubric marines go

As long as I can put them on 25mm bases and use them in my Tk-sons I'm down with that. Now then, when are the chaos dwarfs coming? I love the Slaanesh releases but c'mon GW, in the past three  battle tomes and wrath of the ever chosen  you've done nothing but tease their existence, and I'm starting to get pissed. Don't make me get the book.

• LOVE IT! 1