The Rumour Thread

ALSO in other good news the new Gotrek and Felix Omnibus 5 goes on sale with all these stories inside it Road of Skulls, The Serpent Queen, Charnel Congress, Marriage of Moment, Berthold’s Beard, The Reckoning, The Contest, Into the Valley of Death, Curse of the Everliving. 

And the Kindle ebook version is (at least on the UK amazon) on sale right now, so if you want all those stories to read a week in advance of the book going live for sale next weekend - get it now!

Back to my typical post preview musings.

Now this was a preview! It seems all of my predictions were correct to a small degree.

40K: This kicked off slow, lots of books and some interesting stuff but nothing that speaks to me personally.
We got Space marines in a new hat, Death guard and Drukahri. So I am 3/3 but sadly no new models. 

Necromunda: These were cool reveals. I can imagine some cool kitbash options for KO allies or a Tempest Eye army. But yeah overall these are neat and each Necromunda release just seems cooler and cooler to me.
A new gang so I guess I was correct...

LOTR: I knew it would be a character making me want to dive back into my favourite fantasy world... It looks so cool and the attention to detail making Merry and Pippin a little taller. I love it an hope we get some more Ents to follow up Treebeard, hopefully Quickbeam. Anyone looking to trade a LOTR army for some Slaves to Darkness or Beastclaw Raiders 😮.
So not Fatty Bolger, but somehow they chose an even better character that made me want to jump back in.

Underworlds: I only have the old rank and file chaos warriors and I love them to bits but these guys are amazing. I think I will use them as heroes for my army. I could use the sorcerer and champion for a Sorceror Lord and a Lord of Chaos and the other two as Exalted Champions. Or maybe buy two packs and run them as Chosen and run two Sorceror Lords. Either way I am getting them and adding them to my army as elite members of my chaos force... which I will trade for an Ent/Rohirrhim army.
I was correct about the Slaves to Darkness Warband reveal but I am a little sad we didn't see the Seraphon in full.

AOS: So looks like I am going to trade Treebeard for a Slaanesh army...
I think Sigvald looks amazing and now I want some of my favourite heroes of the old world to get similar treatment! The two units are fantastic and I will absolutely build both! I am shocked that people aren't loving the Twin Souls, demonic mutations are pretty much my favourite aspect of chaos and no god does it better than Slaanesh, at least in my opinion. The Myrmidesh are maybe a little cooler but that is only because they may be the best looking infantry in the game right now. I have really wanted to collect Slaanesh ever since Hedonites was first released... but I am conflicted as I know people that would be offended by the perceived transphobic and homophobic elements of the army. Yet they are still my favourite army in terms of rules, lore and aesthetic, I personally love the transgressive elements of Chaos and Slaansh embraces it to the fullest and in a way that makes sense in terms of a cult... why worship War, Disease or Knowledge (nerds!) when you can worship Decadence and Indulgence. These new models may have me take the bait though as they are less problematic than the demonic side of the army (which I also love). I also know someone interested in splitting Shadow and Pain! 🤔 
I was correct on Sigvald but I definitely got the units wrong in my prediction and as much as I wanted some Chaos archers these are infinitely cooler! 

Overall this was a fantastic preview for me. I love all the model reveals and I am now deeply conflicted about deciding between Treebeard and Sigvald! 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 7

A shame see how dispossesed were deleted the 50% of the units,our heroes are missing and we never gonna get a new unit while daemons get non stop reease after release even more units than the posterboys(stormcast) 

Also other armys old heroes are missing or recreated as clowns in case of teclis but daemons got one old hero back with almost 100% the same visual

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Doko said:

A shame see how dispossesed were deleted the 50% of the units,our heroes are missing and we never gonna get a new unit while daemons get non stop reease after release even more units than the posterboys(stormcast) 

Also other armys old heroes are missing or recreated as clowns in case of teclis but daemons got one old hero back with almost 100% the same visual

u cannot complain to slaanesh mortals... they never got anything in there whole life... 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just want to throw out there that I, for one, am actually a huge fan of the unhelmeted twinsouls faces. It’s like they were once conventionally attractive, but then just kept pushing the sliders further and further until they warped into grotesque.  I think it’s a very nuanced sort of disturbing that is difficult to pinpoint, and the sculptors really nailed it!

• Like 11

@Doko you do recall that Slaanesh - almost right up until they got their Battletome - heavily predicted to be written out of AoS based on the fact that they'd not had any releases in years upon years. They were one of the oldest plastic chaos demon forces and hadn't really had any fancy additions in a very long time in both 40K and AoS. Heck 40K doesn't even have new noise marines. Then they got an update of leaders, but no new troops. Which was fine as the new leaders looked awesome and came with some new fiends. Now they are getting a rework of mortals the same aos the other 3 chaos armies got. 

And don't worry I'm sure GW hasn't forgotten about the Dwarves. 

I mean heck Skaven are still running around with METAL models - a material GW has basically written off from production for what over a decade now? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Juicy said:

u cannot complain to slaanesh mortals... they never got anything in there whole life... 

They are slanesh daemons who cares the details. Im not complaining that a specific lodge of fyreslayers didnt get nothing per example.

Daemons are daemons and i get that slanesh isnt khorne,but slanesh daemons or mortals?its the same slanesh

1 minute ago, Clif Blunderbrows said:

Just want to throw out there that I, for one, am actually a huge fan of the unhelmeted twinsouls faces. It’s like they were once conventionally attractive, but then just kept pushing the sliders further and further until they warped into grotesque.  I think it’s a very nuanced sort of disturbing that is difficult to pinpoint, and the sculptors really nailed it!

I agree. I can see how its not for everyone, but I can see exactly what they were going for and they got it. They've got that pulled skin look that you might see off Hellraiser Cenobites. 

Plus with the design of the duel kit if you don't like them you can easily put the helmets on them. Best of both worlds. I'm not the biggest fan of the exposed heads, but I'll wait and see how they look in person. I'm certainly using the face-mask one.

• Like 2

Just now, Overread said:

I agree. I can see how its not for everyone, but I can see exactly what they were going for and they got it. They've got that pulled skin look that you might see off Hellraiser Cenobites. 

Plus with the design of the duel kit if you don't like them you can easily put the helmets on them. Best of both worlds. I'm not the biggest fan of the exposed heads, but I'll wait and see how they look in person. I'm certainly using the face-mask one.

its not. Because deamons and mortals got a whole differant game plan. You see it within forces of chaos a lot. Mixed forces are a thing but pure forces aswel and with slaanesh mortals finely dropping we got another army. Its differant from another Nurgle/khorne or tzeentch expension because slaanesh always had just deamons.

4 minutes ago, Doko said:

They are slanesh daemons who cares the details. Im not complaining that a specific lodge of fyreslayers didnt get nothing per example.

Daemons are daemons and i get that slanesh isnt khorne,but slanesh daemons or mortals?its the same slanesh

Then I'm sure you realise you shouldn't complain about your disposessed, they got entire Fyreslayer and Kharadon lines added to their lineup! Dwarf is a dwarf after all.

Slaanesh spent so long without *any* updates people were legitimately worried the entire faction is getting deleted. And then in the last update (which was pretty recently) they got models for just a half of their line (which they needeed to share with 40k, too!) and what they're getting now is basically a second wave of this update. So yeah, you've sure chosen a right target to complain about too many releases.

Edited by dekay
  • Like 14

1 minute ago, novakai said:

so they also confirm there another preview in early December

Yep a big Black Library one :)

It's focused on the books and lore so might be a nice time to hear about the next book after Morathi; as well as new novels, artbooks and all the other fancy things that BL produces 

1 minute ago, Overread said:

Yep a big Black Library one :)

It's focused on the books and lore so might be a nice time to hear about the next book after Morathi; as well as new novels, artbooks and all the other fancy things that BL produces 

Ah yeah Black library weekender

they probably have to reveal that Dark Eldar model that they teased a while ago to since they just announce the codex.

28 minutes ago, Inferno said:

BTW. have you noticed that non of the parts were in Rumour Engine ?
Vam-pirats still possible 

There's a lot of plausibly vampire stuff left but there's also this! Could still be 40k eldar or maybe even Idoneth but it does look rather Slaaneshi and doesn't feature on any of the models previewed today. Similar in form to the katar-style weapon wielded by one of the Twinsouls but looks to be made of bone or chitin or something.

cedbc0b8.jpg

1 minute ago, Overread said:

So the only thing Slaanesh now needs is a new breasted snake/worm mount and rider! 

Honestly if they just replicate the old lord on boobworm in plastic, maybe fiddle with proportions a little, it'd be a slam dunk. That model was exquisite.

gw-99110201139-1-0.jpg

On a non-Slaaneshi note, what do we think about the prospect of the chaos warriors WHU warband coming out close to Direchasm? Wouldn't mind that as a christmas present.

• LOVE IT! 1