The Rumour Thread

The Twinsouls have a good Dynasty Warriors feel, each with their own oddball weapons. They're cool but the Painbringers are just incredible, a standout release.

1 minute ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I can't be the only one who's just realised the irony of Slaanesh's lot now being the most modestly dressed/covered up Chaos mortals in AoS?

I guess they're trying to lean away a little from the "sex and pain and only sex and pain" aspect? I mourn for the loss of Sigvald's thighs though.

3 minutes ago, Aleser said:

I see slangors behind

dada.jpg

Good catch. Correct me if I'm wrong but this blurry chap on the left is similar to but seems to have a different paintjob to the Direchasm Slaangor. I think? A pale face, some extra gold. Probably different. And that blurry whatever on the right, well.

6ovd2k64mot51.png

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 2

image.png.d12ebaca1d5d2abe60e44fdd0fb4e751.png

Right ones look like Slaangors and the left one looks like a bigger model based on the size of the base

image.png.e5c3b5f43ba78c8713df5e1b831a68c5.png

Left one looks like the new Lord of Pain but seems like another Character on the right also some kind of chariot carried by some Slaangors in the middle?

image.png.cc164ef7e56340d0e312f4453fb7eb74.png

Also this part in the background could be part of a bigger centerpiece model

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 1

I'm curious that these new mortals are very different to the ones in the Underworld set that we saw. Which is a big hint that perhaps these are representing a pair of "heavy/elite" style slaanesh warriors and that we might get a lighter mortal unit that copies the more fluid and flowing and lack of, armour and deign that the Warcry band evokes. 

considering that for the most part where we've had warbands for existing armies they've copied the army aesthetic pretty closely in general. 

Also for those that don't (yet) like the twinsouls head, you can easily put the helmet on them. They have fully armoured bodies adn the weapons are the big difference for them. So simply don helms

6 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

As far as tomb kings vs ossiarchs... Yeah the ossiarchs are clearly the spiritual successor faction and we can really hope for anything more. That said they don't really do much to scratch the actual Tomb King fan's itch. There are no mummies, no chariots, no actual skeletons, the aesthetic is watered down and confused. What appealed to me so much with TK is entirely lacking in ossiarchs.

they are a perfectly fine faction, and stand on their own merits but they aren't a good replacement od expansion like other recent reboots have been!

Agree 1000%. I really like the Bonereapers, and agree that they are the spiritual successor, but yeah, they are in no way - zero at all - "new Tomb Kings." Lore, aesthetic, style of play ... none of it. TK were and are my favorite thing in the history of GW, and I miss them terribly. As cool as Bonereapers are, they are not doing anything at all to ease the loss of TK.

• Like 2

I do hope we get Slaangors and lighter troops. These are great but having something besides Slaaneshi versions of heavily armoured elite infantry, something that makes them distinct from the other godsworn, would be nice. Thinking here of Tzeentch's Skyfires for example. The Slaangor we've seen seems to be closer in size to a minotaur/ogre/'big guy' multiwound model than e.g. Tzaangors. That does make them more than just a Slaanesh gloss on Bestigors.

• LOVE IT! 1