The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Blueraven84 said:

Whether is now or later, I still think we will see some Death/vamp reinforcements coming either before or around aos 3.0

joohan.png

it's weird because the model behind Johann looks like a dryad who got a birdhouse stuck on her... the motion looks like a shambling zombie yes, but all the other details point to Sylvaneth/dryad creature

• Like 1

Someone suggested that its perhaps a zombie that has arisen from the grave festooned with plant growth that had wormed its roots into it. If it died in a bog or similar environment then the zombie wont' have had its flesh rot off so fast. So more of it would have been preserved (and that's before you touch on magic) giving time for plant roots to wriggle their way in (again ignoring Sylvaneth just fast growing trees over them).

• Like 4

I think the dryad people are seeing is because the ‘zombie’/Deadwalker has literally come up from beneath a tree trunk and roots. I feel confident it’s a Death release, given the Halloween announcement and the associated caption about Johann being frightened. (Although admittedly, he’s frightened of everything...)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

it's weird because the model behind Johann looks like a dryad who got a birdhouse stuck on her... the motion looks like a shambling zombie yes, but all the other details point to Sylvaneth/dryad creature

WHAT IF  the new Death faction has Zombies that the models are from various AoS factions? A Sylvaneth rotting tree, zombie dwarf, zombie aelves, etc. All lead but badass Vampires! Need Blood Knights, Vampire foot soldiers, Vampire archers, etc.

Realistically I'd give that less than a 1% chance but I can dream right?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BaylorCorvette said:

WHAT IF  the new Death faction has Zombies that the models are from various AoS factions? A Sylvaneth rotting tree, zombie dwarf, zombie aelves, etc. All lead but badass Vampires! Need Blood Knights, Vampire foot soldiers, Vampire archers, etc.

Reminds me of that one regiment of renown with the different skeletons, would be cool to see something like that.

• Like 1

Maybe they make the Deadwalker faction Gyran-themed? Like Lumineth coming from hysh, making a new army original from one of the realms is nothing new. There could be an area from Gyran, like a swamp or something with heavy death-magic influence on it, thus the undead with tree stuff.  

1 hour ago, BaylorCorvette said:

While I'd love to see all of these it would open the doors to them needing to make Realms-themed units for every faction, which unfortunately doesn't seem to be feasible production-wise (even before COVID) 😢

2 hours ago, Overread said:

Someone suggested that its perhaps a zombie that has arisen from the grave festooned with plant growth that had wormed its roots into it. If it died in a bog or similar environment then the zombie wont' have had its flesh rot off so fast. So more of it would have been preserved (and that's before you touch on magic) giving time for plant roots to wriggle their way in (again ignoring Sylvaneth just fast growing trees over them).

So more likely it's a one-off UW warband that they can do cool themed models for? still feels like a zombie would've had to come up right under a tree stump or something, as the head area looks wooden but not tombstone-y

Here are my thoughts for tomorrow:

LOTR: A fan favourite character that makes me wish to play LOTR again. Fatty Bolger FTW!

40K: A space-marine in a new hat! Playing on the theme of Decadence & Decay: Death Guard update and a teaser for a Xenos army, most likely Drukhari. 

AOS: Once again using the theme of Decadence & Decay: I am expecting a very small number of Slaanesh mortals to be revealed, and I think they will largely reflect the Underworlds box: I think we will get Sigvald, a unit of infantry, a unit of archers, and hopefully a unit of Slaangors which will be useable in Beasts of Chaos. With just a character and those three sets they will be in a surprisingly good place alongside Hellstriders, the recent hero and their demonic troops. I feel this will be tied to an upcoming Broken Realms book and not be a stand alone army. I also think we will get a reveal for whatever that undead teaser was, whether it is a new army, quest game, or the (likely) choice of Malerion in his new scarecrow form is up for debate. 

Necromunda: A gang or something... hopefully Necromunda Blood Bowl.

Underworlds: We will get the Seraphon set and maybe a Slaves to Darkness set.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

i am guessing the Bonereaper release didn't quell the Tomb King need, even though they where clearly spiritual successors to them.

4 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

Wait a minute have we not seen this sword in one those ‘clearly a Soulblight’ Rumour Engines revealed recently?

the bracer, arm positioning and shoulder guard don't match. it possible they are from the same unit but this sword look like it has a snake hilt where the RE one had a vine and thorn design.

4 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Here are my thoughts for tomorrow:

LOTR: A fan favourite character that makes me wish to play LOTR again. Fatty Bolger FTW!

40K: A space-marine in a new hat! Playing on the theme of Decadence & Decay: Death Guard update and a teaser for a Xenos army, most likely Drukhari. 

AOS: Once again using the theme of Decadence & Decay: I am expecting a very small number of Slaanesh mortals to be revealed, and I think they will largely reflect the Underworlds box: I think we will get Sigvald, a unit of infantry, a unit of archers, and hopefully a unit of Slaangors which will be useable in Beasts of Chaos. With just a character and those three sets they will be in a surprisingly good place alongside Hellstriders, the recent hero and their demonic troops. I feel this will be tied to an upcoming Broken Realms book and not be a stand alone army. I also think we will get a reveal for whatever that undead teaser was, whether it is a new army, quest game, or the (likely) choice of Malerion in his new scarecrow form is up for debate. 

Necromunda: A gang or something... hopefully Necromunda Blood Bowl.

Underworlds: We will get the Seraphon set and maybe a Slaves to Darkness set.

I'm 100% with you on the 40k and Slaanesh stuff (not sure if we will get the reveal on the Undead teaser yet.....I'm hoping though, very curious)

LOTR: I really have no idea.

Necromunda: Definitely the new Van Saar special units and books, the "2" preview was definitely in a form of Van Saar armor.

Underworlds: I think you are right on the money. We will probably see the whole Seraphon set and if the teaser from the other day is what everyone seems to think it is, we will see the Slaves to Darkness band (about time!).

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Honestly to my mind four new plastic kits for Slaanesh mortals wouldn’t count as ‘very small’ and would be enough to make them more diverse than, say, Nurgle mortals. Or Ironjawz or Fyreslayers.

Hoping’s good but I’d almost reduce that to Sigvald and a box or two along with the Direchasm models. I’d be reluctant to speak confidently about potential new unit types based on what’s present in the WHU warband, as much as they usually hew fairly close to regular AoS troop types, it’s not always the case when it’s a “new” faction. Very little of the Darkoath warband found its way into StD for example.

Not saying we won’t have archers, spearmen and Slaangors but just that tempering expectations would be good, if that’s not throwing cold water even before the party’s started.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

LotR is harder to predict than AoS at present, but not impossible. They've basically covered every theatre of battle from the War of the Ring that usually gets much attention (Rohan, Gondor, the black gate, the shire, the fellowship). They could expand beyond that, either rehashing some of their classic books like ruin of Arnor and Shadow and flame, or the could give the Hobbit another go and do either Thorin's quest, or a proper Battle of the Five Armies book. Ether way there will be a nice hardback, and a couple of characters will get plastic kits. A few older kits might return to support the theme, and mkst excitingly for AoS fans there might be new or returning terrain kits.

As far as tomb kings vs ossiarchs... Yeah the ossiarchs are clearly the spiritual successor faction and we can really hope for anything more. That said they don't really do much to scratch the actual Tomb King fan's itch. There are no mummies, no chariots, no actual skeletons, the aesthetic is watered down and confused. What appealed to me so much with TK is entirely lacking in ossiarchs.

they are a perfectly fine faction, and stand on their own merits but they aren't a good replacement od expansion like other recent reboots have been!

• Like 5