The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

No please, Sigvald was the worse Chaos Paladin ever made... Styrkaar or Dechaala were better characters.

I actually really like Sigvald; sure, he's not as serious, but he's very entertaining. I read his book and, while he's a raging narcissist, his antics are very enjoyable, especially when bad things do happen to him.

I much prefer him to 'generic black plate' angry chaos lord; nothing wrong with them, but a fun character is needed every nowandagain. 

Just curious, why do you dislike him?

• Like 5

I knew it! People laughed at me 'Silly old duardin, that is not a Sigvald's sword' but I knew it! I have been vindicated!

Jokes aside, although it is most likely not THE Sigvald it clearly is a Slaaneshi mortal (champion?) and I am EXCITED! Sigvald is one of my all time favourite chaos characters, because of his narcissism that reaches heights ah so comical. Chaos deserve some levity too!

• Like 10
  • LOVE IT! 2

Just now, Public Universal Duardin said:

I knew it! People laughed at me 'Silly old duardin, that is not a Sigvald's sword' but I knew it! I have been vindicated!

Jokes aside, although it is most likely not THE Sigvald it clearly is a Slaaneshi mortal (champion?) and I am EXCITED! Sigvald is one of my all time favourite chaos characters, because of his narcissism that reaches heights ah so comical. Chaos deserve some levity too!

Me too. I'm really thinking that my GA Chaos will be Slaanesh than (non-FW) Chaos Dwarfs. The new persinal-like style is awesome!!

7 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

I imagine it will be THE Sigvald, when it looks that similar. 

• Like 1

Hell yeah, Sigvald, lord of the rockin' thighs! Great character. His novel was fun, largely because he can be written with such wild-eyed narcissism, and that speech he gives in Total War is brilliant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skFKNudZuWM

Sickly, sinful, spectacles stand, shuffle, shamble and saunter shamelessly in mine scandalized sight! I suggest a solution... Surely such sedition should sour and succumb to Sigvald - the salacious, scandalous and sensational servant of Slaanesh! Son of Succubi, scion of sordid acts and slayer of squalid serfs! See how I stroll, stride, swagger and swirl, spin, slash and stab at stupid, senseless scum! Soon they shall swoon, shall seek solace and death from sundry torments wrought on them by my strategic, severing, scintillating shower of shimmering strikes! Send for the sword - summon Sliverslash!"

I'll admit I liked the idea of a Sigvald whose death in the World-That-Was left him with a scar and a hysterical monomaniacal goal of restoring his former beauty (fantastic blog running with that idea below) but this should still be cool. Between this likely Sigvald, Ssyl'Esske, Shalaxi Helbane and the Masque, Slaanesh is doing pretty well when it comes to interesting special characters.

Interestingly based on the sword outline on the left, it matches neither of the swords with elaborate guards we've seen already, meaning they're still in play to be something else.

pbhCYcjuqM8QRPGn.jpg

5d062dd8-rumor-engine-5-19-2020.jpg

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 7

Hey guys, you remember that underworld and malign portent plotline about the mirror and the soul within it? That was a pretty old plot thread. But it seems Sigvald is coming back. Couldn't find the extract where a slaaneshi chaos lord found it after the Kharadron, but here is the first part of the story. 

emo44l3rv9t01.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Edited by shinros
  • Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 1

I really hope it doesn't end up being that Sigvald is the Newborn.

Would feel deeply unsatisfying that something that has the potential to make a significant change to the way Chaos operates and the dynamics between both the Gods and their followers is just an excuse to reuse and old character. It feels to me that something that threatens the status quo this much should be something, well, NEW.

• Like 9

30 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Me too. I'm really thinking that my GA Chaos will be Slaanesh than (non-FW) Chaos Dwarfs. The new persinal-like style is awesome!!

As much as I would wish GW proper to combine the stubborness of the duardin with the delicious evil of Chaos, I have accepted that it is unlikely to happen. I however 100% agree with you - I really like what GW is doing with Slaanesh and their new minis! Now, we only need a unit of Slaangors and Slaanesh has peaked. Well, one could always hope for a single Slaaneshi duardin in some Warcry(Underworlds warband someday...

24 minutes ago, Still-young said:

I imagine it will be THE Sigvald, when it looks that similar. 

Considering the sword, the body (with those thighs 👀) and the previous images featuring a bracer and parts of a pauldron all point to THE Sigvald, but I could not find an explanation of how they'd bring him back (as didn't Sigvald die before the destruction of the World-ThatWas?) until seeing the piece @shinros posted. Yeah, I am riding on the Sigvald train, choo choo!

• Like 3

I am still unconvinced that this rumour engine could be anything other than a vampire. There's too much blood iconography and too much in its design that ties it tightly to the existing vampire range.

A full Soulblight army for AoS is still possible but at the very least we'll see something for WHU, Warcry, or this speculative new WHQ. Something vampiric is all but guaranteed.

Vampirates are looking like more of a reach.

5d062dd8-rumor-engine-5-19-2020.jpg

Edited by sandlemad

5 minutes ago, Boytoy said:

it would be neat if the new Warhammer quest game was et in a vampire's castle or something. could explain the obviously vampiric and ghoulish rumour engines

I would love that, imagine Curse of Strahd / Ravenloft but with actual good minis.