The Rumour Thread

For Slaanesh will be the new Broken Realms book and it's enough:

- The campaigns like this are created to shake the interesting of the game before a new edition, and to avoid to release "half-edition book" like DoK or Nurgle.

- PA didn't release any new game of miniatures, only a few characters.

- We know from the last Preview that Mechanicus, Sisters, Orks and Drukhari will have new miniatures in the next months.

- GW is very apprehensive to release a big new miniature release for an army without a new battletome/codex for it. Only the Spaces Marine Primaris are the exception.

- W40k is the BIG game and it needs news every few months.

- They are going to release a Xenos army in January.

- The plates and shoulder pads are 100% Drukhari.

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, PJetski said:

KO box is awful, way too much overlap with the Start Collecting. Is ANYONE interested in getting so many gunhaulers and riggers/wardens?

The boxes generally vary from either building on from start collecting/other sets (eg the Necron clearly carries on well from the Indomitus set); through to being nice places to start a new collection from. The KO might overlap the SC set too much, but it might present an ideal place to begin the army. 

The Tzeentch one is like that; if you don't have a Tzeentch army its a fantastic way to start one. Or to expand a fairly new one. Ogors I'd argue is much the same; if you've already got an army of them it might not be too interesting; but if you have a new army that's mostly the cavalry; or you are just getting started with them then its a great bundle of key models. 

2 hours ago, Scruf said:

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. Edit: Sance beat me to the punchline.

The KO box is a bit disappointing because it's basically Aether War + a Frigate and Gunhauler but you get Brokk instead of an Endrinmaster in Dirigible Suit.

Even if you go out and buy a Start Collecting you only have 1 Battleline if you actually play it as Barak-Nar. I think the play is to just say Brokk is actually an Endrinmaster in Dirigible suit and run Endrinriggers as Battleline

Brokk is just a better designed Loondrinmaster. I like the boats, I was going to get an Ironclad, but do think the Frigate is prettier, and if the price is right, this is a lot more floaties per euro. I don't care much about the game, but would have preferred one balloon boys and one thunderer, both of those kits are brilliant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

For Slaanesh will be the new Broken Realms book and it's enough:

- The campaigns like this are created to shake the interesting of the game before a new edition, and to avoid to release "half-edition book" like DoK or Nurgle.

- We know from the last Preview that Mechanicus, Sisters, Orks and Drukhari will have new miniatures in the next months.

- GW is very apprehensive to release a big new miniature release for an army without a new battletome/codex for it. Only the Spaces Marine Primaris are the exception.

- W40k is the BIG game and it needs news every few months.

- They are going to release a Xenos army in January.

- The plates and shoulder pads are 100% Drukhari.

This is wrong. Sisters of Battle were released as part of psychic awakening tied in with faith and fury. Additionally, both Aeldari and Drukari, got new units in addition to new heroes with the Phoenix rising box set. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Athrawes said:

This is wrong. Sisters of Battle were released as part of psychic awakening tied in with faith and fury. Additionally, both Aeldari and Drukari, got new units in addition to new heroes with the Phoenix rising box set. 

I'm not wrong, the motive of the launchment of the boxset months earlier was because they promised to release Sisters in the 2019. Sisters of Battle were delayed, they were planned to be released earlier but the project was very big and complex.

Aeldari and Drukhari units weren't new, they were a resculpt and only two units. You are talking about a new subarmy.

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I'm not wrong, the motive of the launchment of the boxset months earlier was because they promised to release Sisters in the 2019. Sisters of Battle were delayed, they were planned to be released earlier but the project was very big and complex.

Aeldari and Drukhari units weren't new, they were a resculpt and only two units. You are talking about a new subarmy.

well there was Engine war which i believe  gave Ad Mech like 3 new unit kits but that was the only exception  during the PA run.

the other books where one to two character at most beside Phoenix rising which was two character plus two resculpts. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Wobbly said:

If this becomes the future for Stormcasts I would actually enjoy the aesthetic more as I find them a tad plain with only the super holy warriors theme they got going for them now. Breaking up that mono theme with "regular" humans/dwarfs/elves would act as a real nice contrast to them and could make certain aspects of a force easier to distinguish due to them being more unique.

That reminds me that if we will ever have a Devoted of Sigmar army, would be nice to have a 1 in 4 stormcast heroes to lead it and 1 in 4 Cities to complement it... that would be amazing as no one Devoted army would look like another and they would not even need too many new models...

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, skeen77 said:

I'm going to have to put a strong disagree here.  New miniature is a new miniature, regardless of whether it's a brand new unit or replacing an old model.

Yes. Getting new Freeguild Guard or Handgunners would be a reason to celebrate Cities getting a new lease to life.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, alghero81 said:

That reminds me that if we will ever have a Devoted of Sigmar army, would be nice to have a 1 in 4 stormcast heroes to lead it and 1 in 4 Cities to complement it... that would be amazing as no one Devoted army would look like another and they would not even need too many new models...

They could also have humans lead them instead of golems.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sance said:

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

My guess is Stormcast didn't sell that well this year, i don't know

• They did one last year for Sacrosanct and the Vanguard Chamber before that. Stormcast havent had any major releases in 2 years, so no reason to do an SCE box
  • Like 3

On 11/13/2020 at 2:56 PM, Overread said:

I know that they've yet to cast and ship my Ripper Sargent model that I ordered a month or so back

She was quoted as having up to 3 months wait, remember this as I was wondering if it would arrive in time for Christmas or not (leaning on the not side of things).

10 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Am I the only one who thinks that decadence is also a trait of most Vampires? :D

Would agree with you that for some bits.  If the current rumour of a nautical themed soulblight army is true then probably less so, but certainly if it were a Neferatian Court themed army!

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

12 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Adeptus Mechanicus received three new kits along PA: Engine War for sure

Spoiler

scbrhnlglcg41.jpg

New hedonites slaanesh mortal models are  likely along with Broken realms : slaanesh ( or whatever it will be named)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Personally, I would be a little disappointed if we didn't get Slaanesh mortals sometime soon. I really liked the models we got last time, but it felt like half a release, with a massive focus on heroes both model and rules-wise; I think this put a lot of people off because troops are what set the theme of the army - it's not great if you like 6 of the 50 models you have in your list. 

I know a lot of people are looking forward to vampires, and I think they'd be cool too, but it would be a big swing and a miss from GW if they release loads of narrative around Slaanesh and these awesome looking Underworlds warband, new mortal hero (who only buffs mortals), and remove the battleline tag of the only Hedonite mortal unit but don't follow up with new Hedonite mortal troops.  

• Like 4