The Rumour Thread

Thoose boxes are always interesting, as it is a product by GW that one can often see some concept behind: These Boxes are almost always done with buying an additional SC!-Box in mind, so the Hero Options are almost always different. It includes a mix of more common and rather seldom seen kits. There is variation between the years, so even if the same faction comes twice, it still appears interesting to get the box twice. Whoever does them, does a good job in my eyes.

Price comparison:

Gitz:

1x Dankhold Troggoth, £40

6x Rockgut Troggoths, £70

15x Squig Hoppers, £45 (Thought there are only 14 shown in the image but the sprues are in multiples of 5 so it has to be 15)

1x Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig, £22.5

Total: £177.5

Ogors:

1x Ogor Mawtribes Tyrant, £20

1x Ironblaster, £22.5

12x Ogor Gluttons, £60

4x Ironguts, £25

4x Leadbelchers, £25

1x Mancrusher Gargant, £37.5

Total: £190

Kharadron Overlords:

1x Brokk Grungsson, Lord-Magnate of Barak-Nar, £25

1x Arkanaut Frigate, £50

6x Endrinriggers, £55

2x Grundstok Gunhauler, £60

Tzeentch:

1x Lord of Change, £85

3x Tzaangor Enlightened/Skyfires, £30

20x Kairic Acolytes, £30

10x Tzaangors, £27.5

1x Gaunt Summoner, £17.5

Edited by Matrindur

I am in deep trouble, I am caught between the Tzeentch and Ogor boxes. One will help me build my Slaves to Darkness into a Tzeentch army and the other will practically give me a full infantry detachment of Ogors. 

I honestly could at best afford one of the two and I am completely unsure which one to purchase. 

• Like 1

Disappointed by the lack of Ossiarchs.

The Kharadron one isn't great, especially compared to the last one they did with an Admiral/Arkanauts/Sky Wardens/Gunhauler/Frigate. GW REALLY want people to buy Sky Wardens don't they? A Special Character is also a big Meh if you don't collect that Sky-Port, although he could be proxied as an Edrinrigger with Dirigible I suppose.

The lack of a Stormcast box genuinely surprised me. This isn't 40k, but they're still the posterboys of AoS.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

11 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

[...]

The lack of a Stormcast box genuinely surprised me. This isn't 40k, but they're still the posterboys of AoS.

To be fair I think GW is slowly moving back to the whole Stormcast thing, probably the sales haven't been to exceptional. And I wouldn't be surprised if in the future the "typical" Order army becomes Cities of Sigmar + Stormcasts: it's pretty clear that cities is selling more than they expected, given that they are often out of stock and there's a lot of activity on Facebook/Tga/etc... surrounding the army.

And in Broken realms not only did they add new rules for cities, but they also made possible to play cities in Stormcast armies. At this point I wouldn't be to surprised if they use the Exelcis plot to expand the cities of sigmar line.

But probably this is just wishful thinking, because I personally think that cities+stormcast seem the perfect math for the archetypal order army.

Edited by hoonked
  • Like 3

Oh my, these  battleboxes are gonna make it hard for me to keep the promise i made to myself not to buy new stuff before i finish at least most of my backlog. The ogre i can resist, basically because all thats in there I already have (waiting for a paintjob) but the Tzeentch box is really tempting,it holds all the models I like (and none of the ones I dislike)....Gitz looking good too. 

12 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. Edit: Sance beat me to the punchline.

The KO box is a bit disappointing because it's basically Aether War + a Frigate and Gunhauler but you get Brokk instead of an Endrinmaster in Dirigible Suit.

Even if you go out and buy a Start Collecting you only have 1 Battleline if you actually play it as Barak-Nar. I think the play is to just say Brokk is actually an Endrinmaster in Dirigible suit and run Endrinriggers as Battleline

Edited by Scruf

We don’t always have Stormcast gents. And we don’t have a new chamber of them anyway.

I think it’s also necessary to take a minute to congratulate Tzeentch for being the first Chaos god to break the Greater Daemon in a Discount Box Barrier: Die in a fire, you meta-defining scum.

Edited by Fairbanks
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Howdyhedberg said:

Anyone know how much points there is in all these boxes? 

I would expect them to vary quite a bit box to box. Plus quite a few are multi-build models so the points cost of them varies depending what build you make them. They are nearly always aimed at being a decent chunk of models, but the value is totally based on price not on "in game" points or usability or such .

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Howdyhedberg said:

Anyone know how much points there is in all these boxes? 

Tzeentch 

loc - 380 (kairos - 400)

gaunt summoner - 240

kairic - 200

tzangors - 180

enlightened - 180 (skyfire - 200)

1180 - 1220

Edited by Ragest

The KO one seems really weak. Aether war didn't sell well.  Its still in stock most places at discount, the KO half can be had cheap so the sprues of the endrinriggers/gunhaulers are of very low value. You also get them in the SC...

I imagine they will all be £120 minimum too.

3 minutes ago, Svalack said:

The KO one seems really weak. Aether war didn't sell well.  Its still in stock most places at discount, the KO half can be had cheap so the sprues of the endrinriggers/gunhaulers are of very low value. You also get them in the SC...

I imagine they will all be £120 minimum too.

I've got the same feeling.

Brokk is a bit strange being a named character and we already have a lot of balloon boyz in our other boxes (First BF, SC and Aether-war). Still it seems good if you want to start KOs.

4 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

d712e064-adb1-486e-a355-e3c2ca2fa5de.jpg.7071ba870698993c2ee5a7ff8dad9276.jpg

We can almost confirm that Decadence is the Drukhari release in the near future.

99.9% sure (thats 666 the other way around) that it's a part of the Broken Realms 2 : Slaanesh book cover. 

They said on the WarCom Sunday Preview video that "specifically Chaos Fans" had to look upon the Decadence and Decay preview, so this almost rule out other Species like Dark Eldars. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

99.9% sure (thats 666 the other way around) that it's a part of the Broken Realms 2 : Slaanesh book cover. 

They said on the WarCom Sunday Preview video that "specifically Chaos Fans" had to look upon the Decadence and Decay preview, so this almost rule out other Species like Dark Eldars. 

The Chaos reference may just be regarding Death Guard for 40k and the "Decay" portion of this event/title. 

However, I am extremely confident that the next Broken Realms book is going to be Broken Realms: Slaanesh. We know the next Age of Sigmar collectors coin is for Slaanesh. So I guess it just depends on how frequently they are going to release a BR book. Monthly? Every other month? etc.

Untitled.png

1 hour ago, hoonked said:

To be fair I think GW is slowly moving back to the whole Stormcast thing, probably the sales haven't been to exceptional. And I wouldn't be surprised if in the future the "typical" Order army becomes Cities of Sigmar + Stormcasts: it's pretty clear that cities is selling more than they expected, given that they are often out of stock and there's a lot of activity on Facebook/Tga/etc... surrounding the army.

And in Broken realms not only did they add new rules for cities, but they also made possible to play cities in Stormcast armies. At this point I wouldn't be to surprised if they use the Exelcis plot to expand the cities of sigmar line.

But probably this is just wishful thinking, because I personally think that cities+stormcast seem the perfect math for the archetypal order army.

If this becomes the future for Stormcasts I would actually enjoy the aesthetic more as I find them a tad plain with only the super holy warriors theme they got going for them now. Breaking up that mono theme with "regular" humans/dwarfs/elves would act as a real nice contrast to them and could make certain aspects of a force easier to distinguish due to them being more unique.

• Like 4

Just now, BaylorCorvette said:

The Chaos reference may just be regarding Death Guard for 40k and the "Decay" portion of this event/title. 

However, I am extremely confident that the next Broken Realms book is going to be Broken Realms: Slaanesh. We know the next Age of Sigmar collectors coin is for Slaanesh. So I guess it just depends on how frequently they are going to release a BR book. Monthly? Every other month? etc.

Untitled.png

The coin is another hint at a Slaanesh release coming soon. 

And the WarCom video insisted on BOTH decadence and decay being of interest for Chaos fans.

I don't think the Death Guard release will get something else new. Everything was already previewed on WarCom, except maybe a Combat Patrol Boxed Set. Decay probably refers to something else., like Zombie.